Rules Blitz and Follow up Rules Clarification

Matt Spencer

Rookie
Steam Username
spemat
Country Flag
I was wondering if you could help me with some clarification of rules on Blitz for the Tabletop edition of Blood Bowl (2016).

I declared a blitz action with a model and halfway through my move blocked an opponent model. I rolled an outcome that I would expect that I would be able to follow-up. Upon stating that I would follow-up, I was told that I couldn't because it was a blitz action and would need to make a dodge roll to enter into the square instead. Given that I was a new player, I decided not to make a big deal about it, but it seemed disadvantageous given the circumstances.

Is this truly the case? I have read the rules and as far as I could see the rules state that I would perform all of the typical actions of a block, which I assume includes the option to follow-up after a block (if the outcome allows it). Given that Blood Bowl 2 allows it as well, I'm not sure why it isn't the case in tabletop.

I was playing Humans against a Wood Elf team and as far as I could recall the defending model did not have fend.

Thanks for your time.

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
There's no dodge roll on the follow-up. You have to decide whether to follow-up before rolling the armour dice tho, so if you'd rolled armour already it's too late to choose to follow-up. Otherwise your opponent was in error (assuming defender did not have and use fend).

Matt Spencer

Rookie
Steam Username
spemat
Country Flag
Thanks Dionysian,

There was no armour roll applied at that time.

Can anyone else confirm that Dionysian is correct? I believe his position, just would be good to have a consensus on this in the build-up to my next match.

JaspersaurusRex

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Tasteytaco
Cyanide Username
Jaspersaurusrex
Country Flag
Yes
Thanks Dionysian,

There was no armour roll applied at that time.

Can anyone else confirm that Dionysian is correct? I believe his position, just would be good to have a consensus on this in the build-up to my next match.
He is correct

Matt Spencer

Rookie
Steam Username
spemat
Country Flag
Thanks all,

I'll be sure to pull this thread up should it be disputed again this weekend.

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
BTW the rules section you're looking for is on page 5 of BB2016 rules under the subheading 'Follow-Up Moves' which explicitly states both that 'the player can ignore enemy tacklezones' and that 'A player that is blitzing is allowed to make a follow-up move'