Bigben acquires Cyanide for €20 million

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Hopefully means we get a 2nd expansion adding in Chaos Pact, Khorne and possibly other(s) to BB2. If we were going to get that before this happened or not, I guess we won't know. My main hope is if we were going to get it this doesn't stop it.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I saw the post from @Netheos stating that WC will proceed as announced. Good news for those still in the run. :D

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
My understanding of the matter is that the entire Cyanide team is still staying on and will continue work as usual, just under Bigben's watching eye and direction. However, they're a publishing company, and not a development studio - So hopefully their vision for the future merges well with the Cyanide team's own views. In the past, when other publishing companies have been calling the shots, it has not been unusual that profit comes first and a finished and polished product comes second. I hope that will not be the case here.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
However, they're a publishing company, and not a development studio

As far as I can tell from research, they are both, a self publisher for some of their own stuff as well as a publisher for other developers. They certainly do more publishing for others than self publishing though.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
As far as I can tell from research, they are both, a self publisher for some of their own stuff as well as a publisher for other developers. They certainly do more publishing for others than self publishing though.

Ah, I see. That's still a good thing, I reckon - Means they understand the process of development better. :)

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
So, the current WC is run by Focus, which would end before the acquisition is final. Cyanide retains their rights to their IPs, including BloodBowl, but all that BB activity was promoted by Focus, not Cyanide. I'd very curious to see what impact a new publisher will have on community relationship with BB players and whether Cyanide will step up into that. Focus did an OK job in my opinion, especially improving in the later years, but it go either direction after the acquisition.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Whatever has happened to it? I had not heard a word about this since that last post...