High Elf Cothique Caretakers - Big Crunch 2

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I wouldn't have taken the MA on a line elf.

Opted out to have one more piece with higher MA, since I often find myself needing some GFIs to secure goals. I feel this contributes for my lack of positioning during offense. Will see how this goes, he scored today and is now 2SPP away from level up.

My season sits at 3-0-2 stats, that nets me shared 3rd place after all MD5 games have been played. Team is doing nice otherwise, but shame about the lost blitzers. Also MNGs from today might have an impact on MD6 against amazons. But SPP wise it has been a good season. Just need to get on getting more positionals. Gonna buy 2nd blitzer for next game.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Yesterday team took 2-0 win over Amazons called Tattling Blabbermouths with three more levels on linemen. Now out of my ten guys in roster, 8 are at least level two - blitzers being the rookies. :( My new blitzer made two casualties yesterday so he already passed my original one in SPP.

OP has updated roster images.

After rough week 3 and 4 - seems I've been able to bounce back and keep building. For week 7, I have all of my guys against Nurgle... :confused::confused:

Team has acquired 70SPP this season (11,6 SPP per game rate). Seven touchdowns made, three suffered. Casualties are -2 for now (10/12).

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
report.JPG

A draw with a cost. Lost another Blitzer who of couse ate the MVP. :( My offensive was quite even, not easy goal there. Managed to build a situation where I was possible to make 3+ 3+ completion for the touchdown at the end of my drive (gotta love Disturbing Presence). My own defensive was nothing but slowing down at the beginning, and then just surviving. Tried to dive the cage at the end for some dicey-lucky-win, but I only managed to get one more injury from attacker down.

Missing lot of players next week, and the game will be against Chaos Dwarves on Friday.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
View attachment 1185Missing lot of players next week, and the game will be against Chaos Dwarves on Friday.

On the brightside, lots of loner players to take hits from the chorf team and hopefully be the only ones to take any serious injuries!

Losing another blitzer sucks, haven't seen how your roster is developed but I assume you try to feed touchdowns where possible to new blitzers to get them to 6 spp and therefore blodge asap?

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
On the brightside, lots of loner players to take hits from the chorf team and hopefully be the only ones to take any serious injuries!

Losing another blitzer sucks, haven't seen how your roster is developed but I assume you try to feed touchdowns where possible to new blitzers to get them to 6 spp and therefore blodge asap?

Yes that has been the goal, but they get removed awfully often as KO's. :( I think I have money to buy the 2nd blitzer third time now, but wondering if I should just take 2nd catcher. Maybe Nuffle is telling me to go that route first.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Well in theory the blitzer should live longer than the catcher so it is generally better to get them 1st.
However you do put rookie blitzers in more danger than catchers so maybe keeping the catcher safe is better than putting the blitzer in danger.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Yes that has been the goal, but they get removed awfully often as KO's. :( I think I have money to buy the 2nd blitzer third time now, but wondering if I should just take 2nd catcher. Maybe Nuffle is telling me to go that route first.

Catchers are the stars but the more of them you get, the less touchdowns anyone else will tend to get (Unless you don't mind the added risk of getting the ball to the guys without catch)

Up to you though, like I said before I prefer the 2 blitzer start and just score with them as if they were the catchers (And increase MVP chance on them) as I always find it annoying to develope them later on.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I have to agree with that theory. However it doesn't always work that way. My pro elves in Nuln with their Nerves of Steel keep dying so I want to score most of my TD's with them. I put them into position for the simple TD but my opponent knocks them down or completely boxes them in so I end up throwing the pass to my blitzer who runs off behind a screen and scores next turn.
The 2 blitzers have scored more TD's this season than the 4 catchers combined.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I have to agree with that theory. However it doesn't always work that way. My pro elves in Nuln with their Nerves of Steel keep dying so I want to score most of my TD's with them. I put them into position for the simple TD but my opponent knocks them down or completely boxes them in so I end up throwing the pass to my blitzer who runs off behind a screen and scores next turn.
The 2 blitzers have scored more TD's this season than the 4 catchers combined.

I guess the difference there, is I play a slow 2-1 grind running game with early high elves and don't risk passing plays like that unless desperate.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
report.JPG

Managed 1-1 draw with my loner frontline. Was close to winning, but Martybhoy did well by scoring on his T16 with lot of rolls.

Blitzer is now Blodge and Thrower got Nerves of Steel.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Season finale will be Thursday 1900UTC. With a draw or win I secure top 4 placement and have quaranteed promotion, although with tier 4 usually the top 5 also gets up.:rolleyes:;)

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I was unable to hold the game, lost 1-2. Did some errors on first half, but managed to tie it before half-time (started in defense). The breaking point was around T13 where snake eyes on a dodge left ball carrier vulnerable, then orcs took the ball and ran it.

Tier 3 will be an interesting one. Going up to Averland (I assume), loads of interesting teams and coaches ahead of me. I just hope I can keep at least these two blitzers on my team, healthy and all that. Buying 5th after 9 games might be some sort of a record...

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
So my schedule for teams 2nd season:

md1: Frank Intell's Fun Bunch led by @TomSchnizz (necros)
md2: Woe Vale Grievers led by @martybhoy (chorfs)
md3: Game-of-Thorns led by @Znarx (woodies)
md4: Ebonfur Eviscerators led by @Sataric (amazons)
md5: The Crookeback Crippels led by @zectorman (underworld)
md6: WeirdBoyz Ink led by @LittleBits47 (nurgle)
md7: Tattling Blabbermouths led by @Nooobody (amazons)
md8: Blue_Ballz led by @notorious noob (chaos)
md9: Ogre and Ogre Again led by @jrpeart (ogres)

Gonna be interesting. Gotta be sharp with my first two weeks or I end up with severely broken HElves...

Last edited:

Linger

Veteran
Steam Username
RonZacapa
Country Flag
I'm afraid I'm out this season, WeirdBoyz Ink is led by someone else!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Season firestarter took place last weekend, where @TomSchnizz arrived to steal my schnitzels!

report.JPG

I decided to roll dice, and took wizard, chef and a babe as my inducements. A mistake, as chef produced 0 re-rolls throughout the match. Tom clearly paid him more.

My offensive was not easy, and Tom challenged the ball very well on this half. His deep push seemed to backfire a bit, but on his T7 he still managed to sack and snap the ball from me. This forced me to use the wizard, so I bolted the wolf with the ball and then blitzed my way free for a catcher to score. For Tom the first TD was somewhat easy, I didn't overcommit to keep it clean as I was real afraid of injuries (especially as Apo was used to save my blitzer from a niggle). He scored on his T12, leaving me some turns to make decisions.

At first I wanted to take it very easy, and keep ball safe and try to play for a draw. But then I saw my chances in taking a shift towards left and elf screened around the ball. Stupid me forgot the AG4 puppy who simply ran in and 1D sacked with a sequence of :skull:// RR // :pow:. Scatter also gave the ball to this DOGGO, who proceeded to score few turns later as I failed to knock him down. :(

No serious injuries, and full roster available for next week. Lucky MVP landed on the rookie blitzer, so now both of them are Blodge. :D Next week Chorfs. :mad::mad:

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Match that should have been a nightmarish struggle to live on, but ended up being somewhat enjoyable!

report.JPG

Chorfs chose to defend first, which was fine by me. I tried to be aggressive on the punching early on, as I hoped for lucky removals to get the numbers. Sadly this didnt work out regardless of good amount of pows given, instead within few turns one loner was sent home unconscious. :rolleyes: Ball protection worked well, I kept it clean and secure. I had a chance at breaking through on my T4, but I decided to hold on and try to play time. Backfired a bit, and started to feel pressure after one positional mistake. After my T7, ball was 5 spaces away from endzone, with no cover in front as my last dodge snake eyed. :eek: This resulted in a sack, and all of my players marked. I took my catcher to endzone with a dodge + two GFIs - I blitzed one guy away from the ball that was on the ground - I dodged with a thrower to pick-up and it succeeded - walked next to a guy so I could try 3+ pass (due distance). Never got to witness it, as interception happened. :(:(

My defense was tough, and my watch long. I went on aggressively and halted the offense on the opposing side in a big, crucifying fight for the ball. Chorfs held onto it, but their movement was slow. With their last three turns they managed to walk to my side, and as their last move they tried to have 4+ hand-off to a only scoring threat in a form of a bull. No luck, and I failed to get the ball in my hands for winning touchdown (I had built up threats for it), so 0-0 draw was the end result.

No injuries - good treasury roll - I am happy as this is pretty much a win against Chorfs with High Elves. Now onto facing very experienced Woodies next weeked. :cool: Beware @Znarx :powdodge:

martybhoy

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It was an entertaining game @Ilgoth even though the score may suggest otherwise. I thought for a minute your Elves we’re going to out muscle my Chorfs! Alas, the tide turned in my favour a little too late for me to capitalize. GG
That goal line interception though :D

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
It was an entertaining game @Ilgoth even though the score may suggest otherwise. I thought for a minute your Elves we’re going to out muscle my Chorfs! Alas, the tide turned in my favour a little too late for me to capitalize. GG
That goal line interception though :D

I was real surprised to see I did more blocks than you. o_O Had no idea, didn't feel that good about my blocking. Good game. :)

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
My match against the division Wood Elves was exciting and even, though low scoring for pure elfball.

report.JPG

report2.JPG

My opponent's thoughts on it.

Game-of-Thorns played Cothique Caretaker to a 1-1 tie. Blitz! events on the first kickoff in each half stopped this from turning into a high-scoring game. This match could have been a win for either team. At the end of the first half, down 1-0, my 2-turn score was stopped by I think snake eyes on a dodge. My T16 score needed 2+2+2+2+, with no team reroll for the final two GFI, and my blodger had to survive a 2D block (fortunately with no tackle), and didn't have to face 4 dice because the dodge to blitz him failed the first time.

I also played the entire match with 1 reroll, thanks to 5 rerolls stolen by the Halfling Chef. The dice were favorable to me, and I had very, very few turnovers. I think I had a few dodge failures, but they were all with skill rerolls, so I didn't suffer too much from lack of rerolls.

I don't have much to add, maybe that I really suffered to knock anyone down. 7 pows in total, and having no tackle against all that blodge meant very few wood elves on the ground. Happy that I squeezed another point from a tough game. GG @Znarx