Big Crunch 2 Rules

Haukionkala

Star Player
Steam Username
Haukionkala
Cyanide Username
Haukionkala
Country Flag
I hope this is the right thread: I seem unable to install BB2 stats grabber. Windows Installer just remains stuck at "Preparing to install..." even if I disable my firewall for it. I've tried googling but I've been unable to find a solution so far. How important is it? Can I rely on my opponent to do it since I can't?

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I hope this is the right thread: I seem unable to install BB2 stats grabber. Windows Installer just remains stuck at "Preparing to install..." even if I disable my firewall for it. I've tried googling but I've been unable to find a solution so far. How important is it? Can I rely on my opponent to do it since I can't?

Well if you can't get it to work your opponent can upload the game, just remember to ask them.

Trixter

Veteran
Steam Username
_Trixter_
Country Flag
Can I reroll when the season is not ended (right now for example) ? I'm going to join next BC2 season with fresh team.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Can I reroll when the season is not ended (right now for example) ? I'm going to join next BC2 season with fresh team.

No.

Once season starts, you play through with the team you started. Gotta play remaining games, and then start fresh in season 9.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
I was close to forgot that...What about adding a financial fairplay rule about the use of the bank during the inducements phase by the underdog team?

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
I was close to forgot that...What about adding a financial fairplay rule about the use of the bank during the inducements phase by the underdog team?

I quite liked the financial fairplay rule that they use in the CCL Cup, where the underdog can use a maximum of 40k of their own gold.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I quite liked the financial fairplay rule that they use in the CCL Cup, where the underdog can use a maximum of 40k of their own gold.

I assume by that you mean 40K + plus any cash they have over the 150K bank limit.
So if you have 200K cash you can spend up to 90K on inducements. The 50K that is already in your TV + 40K.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
I assume by that you mean 40K + plus any cash they have over the 150K bank limit.
So if you have 200K cash you can spend up to 90K on inducements. The 50K that is already in your TV + 40K.

Yep

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
I don't understand why we would want to try an enforce another rule. If i have the gold and i want to spend it to win a game i should be able to do it. If you want a fsir match up take out kick off events...Blitz and Throw Rock can and have changed games.

RJCarrot

Star Player
Steam Username
RJCarrot
Country Flag
I would buy the hell out of ogre guards all day every day. I cant go a game without a rock koing a guy off the bat.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I don't understand why we would want to try an enforce another rule. If i have the gold and i want to spend it to win a game i should be able to do it. If you want a fsir match up take out kick off events...Blitz and Throw Rock can and have changed games.

Blitz event exists to keep you honest with your defence formations, being aggresive with your formation when defending should have the risk of being punished by a blitz event. Rock etc exists so there is always a risk of even the most safely protected players have a chance of dying any game etc.

The only reason anyone has a problem with spending your own cash on inducements, is if you are the underdog the overdog doesn't get compensated in anyway, meaing you could have a full extra 150k TV more than the over dog (So a wizard) that they go no chance to react against when inducements are supposed to be making a match more equal.

If petty cash and inducement phase had been programmed into the game correctly it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
So you are saying that events like Blitz and throw a rock are "fair" and only punishes you for being aggressive or protecting a player? And we all know that star player on the LOS never gets hit by a rock or no matter what set up you have tbat damn gutter is not sitting under the KO with a screen....right.

My point is trying to legislate fairness in a game that is inherently not fair is a waste of time. My opinion is that if I have saved my gold and I want to use it for a specific game and I am the underdog than I should be able to. And yes I have played matches where i had higher TV and my opponent scummed extra inducements - it was not big of a deal. Again this is my opinion other opinions may vary.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The point is that if both teams have the same TV and the person going 1st puts in 150K for inducements to get a wizard then the person going 2nd also gets 150K in inducements.
However if the person going 2nd puts in 150K then only he gets the inducements.
You can basically get a wizard because cyanide randomly decided you were the underdog.

What should happen is both players decide how much cash they are putting in. This is added to the TV and then the player with the lowest TV gets extra inducement cash to match it up.
Without a rule preventing it there is a big advantage from being 10K below your opponent for an important match.
You don't get the cash to do it every game but IMO the winner of BC2 shouldn't be decided by who was able to spend money unfairly in the final match.

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
The point is the rule as it is meant to be applied has zero cash available to spend on inducements that isn't accounted for in TV. Money in the bank is not supposed to be available to spend... it is in the bank. Everything else applies to your TV. Cyanide's screw up is giving free cash to underdogs (granted it is vastly better than the original version giving free cash to overdogs). Not a biggy in big mismatches, but when the teams are basically even free babes, bribe or wizard is hugely destabilising.

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
When was the last time BC2 champ used money unfairly to win the league? If it were done in a Playoff format I can see the issue, but we play in perpetual league where 1 game doesn't decide the league champ its decided over a 9 game schedule.

And if it is in game is it really "unfair" to use the extra inducement?

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
And finally just want to know if i am a bad guy/sport...

I am in the semi-finals of The NATTS Continuum playoffs, My team is 90K down TV and I have a bank of 210K. I shouldn't spend what I need to get to the Finals? BTW NATTS' rule is if you got it you can spend it (just like ours atm).

Again i am not saying anyone is wrong i just don't see where this is a problem in this league is all.