That mandatory "Share Your Art" -thread

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Painting that illustrates my new team coach. Explored new, almost comic like style on my work.

lryioMg.jpg

For those interested, here is the difference between initial drawing phase and then something I call texturing and final touching.

unknown.png

Last edited:

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Been drawing today, hoping to sketch a future painting that I would place somewhere in my home.

faceen1.JPG

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Still heavy WIP, but it is starting to shape up! I just doubled the image size, now working in 21k x 7k pixels! :eek:

Yes I am a witcher fanboy. Dont even start! :D

bbt.JPG

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
The painting is done! Overall worktime is one minute over 12 hours. :) I am happy with it, it is the best work I have done. I like the composition, and the balance between detailed and loose. Gonna order a print on this for myself, should be good. :p

sk8ZufL.jpg

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Awesome art work!

I can't really compare to quality of art like that, but with the help of @Giantcodfish we have been working together on modding cars for a game called Gaslands (If a mad max / carmageddon / twisted metal style tabletop game sounds interesting I recommend looking it up) figured I would share the progress here.

I forgot to take a picture before starting so the first image is one off the internet I found which is mostly as mine was, but the screen on mine was originally half broken and the engine was more oxidised than here:
(Roughly) before any modding
upload_2018-8-2_13-58-7.png

After the first session of modding it looked like this:
upload_2018-8-2_13-59-0.jpeg

And now currently it looks like this, I think one more session of modding and it will be finished!
upload_2018-8-2_13-59-55.jpeg

The idea is it being modded into a buggy type car!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I decided to do some heavy practice for upcoming days. Very simple idea really; every day I have 30minutes to paint a sketch. I do it to relax, get loose with self-critique and just get in the practice hours. Been doing it for three days, kind of enjoying it.

01_faceen.JPG

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
And yesterday I got it all filled! Some really bad ones towards the end, unsure why I struggled but at least I got it out of my system! Bottom center I actually had to pull reference to get started. :oops::( And bottom left I pulled a rage quit. :D:D

01_faceen.JPG

Will see what I am up to next. In reality I should keep this 30minute sketch painting going, as it really just makes you start making those strokes.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Practiced better storytelling with my compositions. So made the first scene from our Pathfinder campaign. Just a sketch though.

1st scene-sketch-edit-ds.jpg

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I like it, though the two characters on the right looks a bit big compared to those at the house

Yeah I tried to make some slightly bigger to match the age of all of them, but I might have gone bit too far as it indeed looks like scale is off with them.