The Greatest Team in Combo Crunch

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
This isn't a poll on which is the best team in Combo Crunch.
It is stating that Almost All Stars is the best team in Combo Crunch history.
They have won 6 of the 7 seasons that they played and are dominating most of the games.
The team is now going on a hiatus and will only come back when there are multiple other teams with a similar TV.

With everyone healthy the TV is 2620 with 4 rerolls , apoth and 10 fan factor.

Here are the players
Starting with the muscle to control the middle of the pitch

Underworld Troll - Guard , Claw , Stand Firm , Foul Appearance
Chaos Warrior +ST , Block , Guard , -AG
Chaos Warrior +ST , -MA
Chaos Warrior Block Guard
Chaos Warrior Block Guard
Minotaur Rookie

With 4 ST5 , 2 ST4 and 4 guard very few teams can smash their way through the middle so have to try and go around them.

Then the killer who is currently the best of his type in the league
Underworld Blitzer Claw , MB , Piling On , Jump Up , Niggle

And the skill players who score the TD's and win the games. 3 of the best elves in the league and a solid support player
Dark Elf Blitzer Dodge , Sidestep , Tackle , Diving Tackle , Sure Hands , Niggle
Witch Elf +AG , Block , Juggernaut , Sidestep
Witch Elf +AG , Wrestle , Tackle
Dark Elf Blitzer Dodge , Tackle

And finally the bench
Gutter Runner +AG , +MA
Beastman Block , MB , -AG
Underworld Blitzer Rookie

The surprising thing about the team is the 2 underworld blitzers. They were both in team on creation. One now has 66 SPP and the other 2 SPP.

When someone gets a team to match them let me know and I will bring them back.

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Yeah, very well developed team in a couple of first seasons and then it was just a snowball with none making any possible competition to it. @Scaritus' team is close second and it created a goo resistance, but was never in the position to take over.

Nice team and grats on developing it that well.

And thanks for playing in the league, of course!

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
What are the limitations on the team creation, @tys123 ? From other mixed teams I've seen posted, they always seemed to take players from three basic rosters, but you seem to have a fourth basic roster mixed in with that Gutter Runner.

In any case, that's a monster of a team. The exactly right stat increases on the right players, and even the injuries are something you can live with. It's hard to imagine a team that can stand up to your team, no matter how much inducement money they get. The only factor I could see taking you down is spiralling expenses and a string of bad luck on casualties taken.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Different rosters have a different numbers of races based on a loose theme.
If you go in to create a mixed race team you can see the options.
I went for Chaos Player Pact which has a choice of Chaos , Underworld , Dark Elf and Skaven.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
@Borke
The league don’t imply any limits, whatever is allowed in the game. Different rosters have different mixes, from 2-5 (6?) races in the mix.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
@Borke
The league don’t imply any limits, whatever is allowed in the game. Different rosters have different mixes, from 2-5 (6?) races in the mix.

Interesting! I might give this a whirl at some point - it's totally imbalanced and sounds like a lot of fun, might be a nice addition to my BB experience :)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I started with
UW Troll
2 Chaos Warriors
DE Blitzer
Witch Elf
2 Underworld Blitzers
Beastman
3 Goblins
2 Rerolls

Then bought Apoth , Warrior , DE Blitzer , Warrior , Witch Elf , Reroll , Reroll , Gutter Runner , Mino replacing everything but the goblins when they died.
That is 1 reroll more than you need but I was facing lots of chefs.

Mr. Ghoti

Veteran
Country Flag
Are the goblins for sacrificial line duty? Or did you put your troll and 2 warriors on the line to start?

I can see the Delf blitzer being a good runner, did you take 1 Blitzer and 1 witch to have 1 runner and 1 "sacker" on the team? I'm apprehensive about the witch.

If I dropped the witch down to another blitzer "runner", it saves enough to turn 2 underworld goblins into underworld line rats. Better movement and better strength than a goblin, and cheaper sackers than a witch. Id only be losing AG4, frenzy, and jump up. And agility access I suppose. I could always hire a witch later if I needed.

That would leave me with:

UW troll
2 chaos warriors
Chaos beastman (I'm assuming works as a safety to get a 2 die against any runner that breaks through?)
2 Delf blitzers
2 UW blitzers
2 UW line rats (wrackle strip ball is 110k, same as a rookie witch, and prehensile tail or horns possible)
UW goblin
2RR

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Warriors and Troll went on the line from the start.

You can replace the witch with the DE Blitzer if you want but IMO goblins are better than UW rats while rookie and you are planning to replace them with better players once you get the cash.
Also I think you have something wrong with your maths. WE costs 10K more than a blitzer so you can only change 1 goblin to a rat.

Goblins have dodge and stunty so are better at providing assists to your good players than rats.
They are better at repositioning if marked.
They have dodge so a 2D block is less likely to knock them over.
You have a 1 turn option if you really need it.
You will be throwing less blocks with them but overall I think the goblins bring more to the team.

A UW linerat with wrackle is still AG3 and doesn't have dodge. You need dodge and 2 heads to be comparable to a witch.
So that is 2 skills , 100K TV and you are still missing jump up and frenzy compared to a rookie witch and are worse at handling the ball.
The witches are also great for sideline control.

Mixed race teams are all about taking the best of everything.
So your ball handlers and retrievers want to be AG4 Blodge/Wrodge.
Your blitzers want to have CWPOMB
Your line and support players want to be strong and AV9 if possible

Linerats don't fit any of those so want replacing with something that does when you can afford it.

Mr. Ghoti

Veteran
Country Flag
I understand and i agree. Wrackle on witch elves makes them good sackers, have the skills, AG, and MA to run the ball, and frenzy for surf duty.

So a progression like wrestle, sidestep, tackle would be beneficial, or block as the first skill to keep her on her feet. And then juggernaut on doubles to aid in surfing.

Also on the math: the suggested starting list you gave came out to TV 980, dropping the witch to a Blitzer and raising 2 goblins to rats gives a net gain of 10k as far as I see.

Mr. Ghoti

Veteran
Country Flag
Yep that must be the issue. I assumed the rerolls were the cheapest out of all the teams and I chose the 50k dark elf rerolls.