Dwarf Team improvement. Cash spending and skills

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
Hello.

I'm playing in the league, after 8 games my team looks following:

85623366.jpg

Where would you recommend to spend 150K now?
Or I should keep it for a while?

And how about skills? I think lots of MB now...

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
I would buy the second Runner. In case your first runner gets out you only have the 2 blitzer with AG 3 and also will it give your Team a bit more speed.

Personal I would also kick the Trollslayer with AV-1. They fight against stronger guys ´cause of Dauntless quite often and with Frenzy they sometimes have to follow into places they shouldn´t. Then they really need any AV Point to survive. He doesn´t have any SPP`s so kick him before he gets them.

But I´m not a pro Dwarfen player.

As Skills for your blocker I would start to spread some MB like you said.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Indeed you've already got plenty of dwarves. They're really a team that doesn't need that many replacements so I'd try and keep your numbers around where they are in the future.

As for what to buy, another Runner without question. There is little reason not to have one as they are very vital and unique on the dwarves team for their speed and agility (well relative to other dwarves). Even if you don't need another ball handler (though really why would you not want a spare?) they make excellent safeties.

Replacing the injured Slayer is also a worthwhile objective. After all it's always better to have uninjured players rather then Injured ones, especially if you're not giving any skills up in the trade.

Finally what skills to pick up, Mighty Blow is an easy answer but don't overlook Stand Firm either. Few things are more annoying then a Dwarves Blocker with stand firm and guard. Really you could do worse then giving every Dwarf (besides the runners) Guard, Mighty Blow, and Stand Firm.

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
So as I understand so I should do as follows:
1. Buy second runner immediately.
2. As soon as I collect enough money for the second slayer, throw out the injured one.

How about second Apo / Wizard / Rerolls / cheerleeders / assistants?
Who of them are worth taking and when?

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
You cannot buy wizards anymore, unless you are playing an ancient version of this game. You cannot buy a second apoth.

I would do both of those things mentioned, though perhaps in the reverse order. It would be a pity for that trollslayer to get an MVP in your next game considering he is to be replaced.

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
4 rerolls is typically enough unless you are playing your dwarves like drunken monkies. The correct number of cheerleaders and assistant coaches is +2 more than the average in your league, if you want to play a reroll denial strategy at the cost of your opponent having +1 Bloodweiser babe. Personally, I don't think it's worth giving that babe for a chance to get a reroll you may have earned anyway.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
So as I understand so I should do as follows:
1. Buy second runner immediately.
2. As soon as I collect enough money for the second slayer, throw out the injured one.

Yes, though the exact order is up to you. I'd personally get the Runner and start skilling him up (while trying not to get spp on your soon to be replaced Slayer) but getting the Slayer first (both to give him time to skill up, since he takes longer, and to avoid the problem of wasted spp entirely) is fine too.

How about second Apo / Wizard / Rerolls / cheerleeders / assistants?
Who of them are worth taking and when?

As has been mentioned you cannot buy a second Apoth nor can you buy Wizards (you can only hire them for a single game via Inductments). 4 Rerolls is generally enough and I don't consider Cheerleaders or Assistants to be worth buying so once you get your Runner and replacement Slayer saving money for future Injuries or to buy key Inductments when you need them is generally my recommendation.

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
Ok, here I'm back again with a need for some help.

I have played several matches, and now my team looks like following:
48775786.jpg

My Slayer No 1 got a level-up on a double.
And my deathroller got a second normal level-up.

What would you advice?

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
I can't see past Dodge or Side Step for the Troll Slayer with doubles. Dodge if you want to keep him on his feet or Sidestep to control the sidelines better.

For the Deathroller I'd say Grab as you already have an abundance of Guard. Grab would allow you to keep players tied up or feed them to a poassible crowd surf.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
I'm not much of a fan of Side Step since you can get Stand Firm on a normal roll and they are roughly as good as each other (except if you need to take Side Step as a double it eats more Team Value). Dodge is fine for keeping him on his feet. Diving Tackle is also an interesting pick.

Another option (which isn't one people often pick but is still a valid one) is to just take a normal skill. Guard, Stand Firm, Tackle, ect... are all fine picks and not necessarily any worse then a double.

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
Hello again.
After some games and some deaths and injuries my team have recovered and is ready to kick some asses.
It looks now the following:
Skinheads.jpg

I'm not sure what (ordinary) skill to give for my superstar runner.
I'm thinking about making him passer, so to give him Pass or Accurate.
Which would be better?
Or do you think he could take a better role?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Anybody any suggestions?

Can't view the image myself, so not sure what skills he has right now.

I think the choice of pass or accurate will depend a lot on what your intentions are and how regularly you use up your re-rolls.

If you're short of re-rolls pass is good, but its not so good for longer passing as you don't modify the chances of a fumble.

Accurate gives you more resistance to the fumble, since it gives you the +1, but if you're only using a quick or short pass, then that may be less important than having a re-roll for it.

For longer distance reliability & less fumbles - accurate.

For short passing reliability & re-roll conservation - pass.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Its an option for helping with picking up the ball more than passing, since I personally see more use of it on a receiver, but with +1AG he could offer you a receiving option and maybe skill another runner as passing threat.

With MV6 at most, Dwarves are never the greatest passing threat due to the need to get the receiver in place. But AG4 and dodge would work with NoS to help him do that.

Just not sure its a reliable or frequent option.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Its an option for helping with picking up the ball more than passing, since I personally see more use of it on a receiver, but with +1AG he could offer you a receiving option and maybe skill another runner as passing threat.

Nerves of Steel is not needed on a passer that has AG4 with dodge. As GB says it can be useful on a catcher, though, but in that case your other runner needs to be the one with the ball and passing skills.

Nerves of Steel are also only useful for catch, pass or intercept. Not for picking up from the ground.

Of the two skills suggested (Pass/Accurate) pass is better if the intention is that the recipient get the ball, while accurate is better if it is more important to get the ball clear to someplace further away. The AG bonus helps with the first, but not the second.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Nerves of Steel are also only useful for catch, pass or intercept. Not for picking up from the ground.

Whoops, my bad, yes, entirely correct - I am forgetting (and posting from work where I don't have the rules to hand...)

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
Hello again.

Our league is restarting from 1000K TV and now we'll play according to 6ed ruleset.

I'll start with:
2 slayers
2 blitzers
2 runners
5 blockers
3 RR
= 1000K

And I'm thinking this time to start with as many MB as I can get (except runners). Only for the second skill to give Guard.

What do you think? Will it work?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Mighty Blow can be a good skill to pick early, especially for those with Block already, both in earning SPP faster and also in reducing numbers on the opposing side.

But I would probably suggest some Guard on a first skill too, because otherwise if you play against teams such as Orcs or Chaos, even Lizardmen, you may find that they are able to mark you strongly, even if they lack the Block to be as effective, without Guard you can struggle to position your assists with such a slow paced team.

Ragnaras

Rookie
Country Flag
I have played 1 unofficial match with my friend before starting league.

My friend saw BloodBowl for the second time in his life, but he beat me 3:1.
He was playing lizardmen with 6 saurus, 5 skinks and 3 RR. It was horrible day for my runners - I have failed to pick up the ball (with sure hands) for 5 times during the match. + He got some lucky Kick-off rolls.

And the first official match was against Norse. 2 wolfs, 1 berserker, 10 lineman and 3 RR.
I thought it will be a good matchup for me, as AV7 is rather easily penetrated. But I lost 3:1. And lost casualty also 3:1. But using bombardier card I killed his wolf. And because of that he is reseting his team. I wouldn't do that, as he managed to get 22 or more spp.

No level up's for me, just a missing Troll slayer and next game vs High elves...