Vampocalypse in Altdwarf (S17 Fluff)

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
The Vampocalypse is here! Started by @Regor who just took the title a second time with his Carnival of Dirty Counts!

We already got rid of the 2 other higher tier vamp teams (although more are coming up). But do you guys have what it takes to dethrone the master vamp?

This seasons contenders are:
@JJape
@stephB
@Frankolino
@Wrekd
@Crowdog09
@BallztotheWalla
@Geryon
@Mynimo1
@Zombane

You have all made all the way up here, so I trust you know how things work.
I shall still remind you about http://bc2standings.eu would be great if you would mark you matches in the calendar there (thanks @Nooobody !)

Good luck with the season everyone, may you all get torn to pieces!

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
Predictions
1. Carnival of Dirty Counts - Regor
Sadly, I have to place my bet on the vampocalypse going on and on and on. With two titles behind them, these vamps are not showing any signs of attrition. The one vamp we got to retire was replace by a +AG after 1 game!
With an extremely impressive record too, Regor is undoubtedly a top level coach too, and with the people's champ gone I just don't see anyone stopping these bloodsuckers.

2. Von Blitzers - StephB
Another veteran and winner team of BC2. Althouhg these greenskins do show the sign of attrition with everyone of their BoBs having some perm on them. But the blitzer are stellar, with even Rommel coming back stronger than ever.
StephB and his guard wall seems like en immovable object, and I highly think that's what it's going to be most of the season. Only once it is hypnoed will it be broken.

3. CCL Elves - Geryon

The black sheep of the division: A elf team that looks like it should still be in T3. But still, they're here. I take that as a testament of the coaches ability to do well even here amids the toughest the BC2 has to offer.
Also to be fair he does have 3 AG5 elves, there's no stopping those.

4. Fitlers - BallztotheWalla
Veteran chorfs having their 3rd go at altdwarf. Last time they dropped, which is mainly the reason I'm not placing them higher. But he has the claw, the DP, and the god damn St4 ballcarriers (not bulls, hobgoblins!).
And to top that a really stellar record to back those players up. Certainly a contender to place higher but can't place everyone second.

5. Claw & Order - Crowdog09

The other Murder chaos. The guys are lacking the PO in their ClawPOMB, but have really nice tools for sacking and ballretrieval. With a better record that the other chaos I'm confident to place these guys higher up.

6. Eat Sleep Bash Repeat - Zombane
The dorfs are back in Altdorf. Second visit for these stunties and Fred is as hard as ever, pls someone kill him already! They have guard. But the claws will hurt, and the vamps will just laugh when all the tackle zones disappear.
Atleast there is elfs and zons. But even then dorfs aren't nearly fast to win enough games to rise for a new best in race.

7. Horn Starz - Mynimo1
Murder chaos. They have their ClawPOMBs and a really nice sacker and a ballcarrier, will that be enough? Previous showing in T1 indicate that the answer would be no. So I'm placing my bet on history repeating itself.
Time for Mynimo to show what his chaos monsters are made of.

8. Carnavikings - Frankolino
Norse. A norse that has suffered a lot (as usual). They have a killer and decent ulfs. That could be enough to bully the elfs and zons around a bit but the team is likely to fall short in the bash matchups.
That being said, I have faith that Franko will get the win or two to make this prediction happen ;)

9. Phantom Girls - Jjape
Veteran amazons who have stuck around for ages, and had their cinderalle season last season and placed 2nd here. Sadly I don't think they can repeat that.
With the division now having dorfs and (almost) everyone having nice killers with tackle, the days of these ladies looks numbered.

10. Chaqua Greenies - Wrekd
The only team that has not accepted their ticker, shame, shame, shame!
These greenskins have fared better in the keeping their BoBs healthy, but have paid for that in not having any stat ups on blitzer like the other orcs in the division.
With the murder chaos teams running around, orcs might have hard time here, let's see if Wrekd can show us what he's made of.

Have a good season everyone!

Last edited:

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
Mid season check up:

1. Von Blitzer - @stephB
The orcs are doing it again! This old bunch is looking really good for championship. The team is basically the same as at the start of the season, with only 2 lvl ups and no losses (yet).
And so far it has been working, so I'll just presume it continues to work. The tiny problem is that StephB has both of chaos teams left to face. But thankfully this isn't his first rodeo, and I'm sure he'll get through the matches well enough to stay in the first spot till the end of the season.

2. CCL Elves - @Geryon
So, the black sheep of the division is doing what I predicted they would do, winning games with some sort of black magic or something. Now if the unexpected happens and StephB actually get killed by claw (not jinxing it or anything), Geryon is the one to get the championship most likely.
Also the elves are... fine, they have not lost any of their stars and actually even have a bench nowdays (what have you guys been doing!? This is not the way to treat an elf team!!). So they're only looking even better as we're taking a part of the CJ's playbook and rebuilding in altdorf.

3. Fitler - @BallztotheWalla
Now here's what should happen to a team in altdorf! 3 dead blocker in the first half of the season, and 2 of the bastards were clawed ones! Surprisingly this has not slowed them down that much, must be the 2 super hobgoblins.
Ballz has couple of easier matches left but ends the season facing crowdog and StephB, those are some tough matches and Ballz has to be on his best game to keep himself out of demotion spots.

4. Horn Starz - @Mynimo1
First real surprise of the division, predicted 7th these guys have fared much better than expected. After a nice early season there was a little upset when the lower placed orc team manage to take their first win of the season against these monster, will that kill their momentum or just enrage them?
Despite being 4th these guys actually have a decent shot at the title, as they are facing both of the top 2 in the next 2 matches. Really make or break situation for Mynimo, interesting to see how it turns out.
They did also take a setback in development after losing their incredible ballcarrier, other than that the team looks just as monstrous as at the start of the season (so no lvl ups)

5. Carnival of Dirty Counts - @Regor
So it was not the season of the vampocalypse, as Regor is almost certainly out of the championship race unless people above him start losing points heavily.
But! The team team is as healthy as ever(god damn!), so there is always next season. I'm positive that these guys will once again manage to stay up here and stay as immortal and bloodlustless as ever.
Soon they will have yet another star vamp as the newest addition of Helgn is coming along nicely, no other development to be seen.

6. Claw & Order - @Crowdog09
The other chaos team, contrary to their counterpart, these guys have underperformed slightly. Most be because they still lack the allmighty clawPOMB, still 25 SPP for that so maybe next season.
Atleast they've stayed healthy. Crowdog still has tough coaches to face, although one of them doesn't have a team, so expect that he has to spent next season in T2 getting the clawPOMB and then take a new shot at altdorf.

7. Phantom Girls - @JJape
These gals have faired better than expected. Although they've taken losses (and heavy one at that), they've managed to snag few points for themselves here and there. Although it's nowhere enough for staying here, atleast they can say they put up a fight.
They also still have their star in Ann Takemaki, but she is the only player worth mentioning in the team so it's not looking good. Maybe she'll make legends. Hope to see couple of nice fouls from this team but that's pretty much it.

8. Chaqua Greenies - @Wrekd
It was starting to look like that accepting their ticket late would really condemn these greenskins to the last place. But then they got angry and beat the living hell out of some goats, nice going! Sadly even if the same continues it's a little too late for anything but demotion.
Although they've lost one nice blitzer, the team is still looking good as they've managed to get new blitzer developed. I'm sure we'll see them again soon enough.

9. Eat Sleep Bash Repeat - @Zombane
So, altdorf has not worked for the dorfs this season. They've been causing mayhem but the scoring side has been left little lacking. Would need to step up really good in order to have a chance at the BiR. And that's pretty much all they have left to shoot for.
Sadly Fred is still alive, and even the rest of the team has developed a little bit, so they're as scary as ever. If the rumours are true and Zombane is rerolling I must say I'm happy to see these guys go, as the team is scary!

10. Carnavikings - @Frankolino
RIP Carnavikings. You had a good run but it has ended.
This team is dead and buried, that happens once in a while. Atleast now they can try out some inducements. :D Only thing left to see if whether they'll have any rostered players at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Geryon

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Geryon
Country Flag
I hear this is where all the cool kids hang out.

Zombane

Super Star Player
Steam Username
"Humble" Rob
Cyanide Username
Zombane
Country Flag
Well here I am again! I'm making a run on best in race for Dorfs. Beware anyone in my way, or really, in Fred's way!

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Regor managed to beat me last season, this must be rectified at once!! :)

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
I plan on being in everyone's way and I won't mind killing a few legends along the way (either thru blocking or fouling) in the process.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
I don't mind being placed so high in the predictions and the schedule has been kind to me, all the claw later in the season, so hopefully they have bashed each other to bits first :)

However, there are some very good looking teams, with even more guard than me, which could ruin my plans!!

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
@Geryon it seems u will be my opponent for MD3.

I will be in vacations from 14th to 19th (wednesday to monday). If MD3 roll at 11th or 12 th we could play before my vacations at 13th, if not we need schedule for 20th (Tuesday).

I'm UTC+1 so we have like 5 hours dif, its tricky but we need to do it!

@EvilSmoothie maybe we will need your help with a extension :)

Geryon

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Geryon
Country Flag
@Geryon it seems u will be my opponent for MD3.

I will be in vacations from 14th to 19th (wednesday to monday). If MD3 roll at 11th or 12 th we could play before my vacations at 13th, if not we need schedule for 20th (Tuesday).

I'm UTC+1 so we have like 5 hours dif, its tricky but we need to do it!

@EvilSmoothie maybe we will need your help with a extension :)

Do you want to try 22:00 UTC for Tuesday the 13th? It's the latest and safest time to schedule due to my commute but if I'm home early I can message that I'll be free.

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Do you want to try 22:00 UTC for Tuesday the 13th? It's the latest and safest time to schedule due to my commute but if I'm home early I can message that I'll be free.
sounds good! Thks!

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
Did a little mid season check up.(up in 3rd post)
The end result: NONE of you guys have placed correctly in your predicted spot! You better fix that in the last few matches, or else...!

Last edited:

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Great summary @EvilSmoothie ! I couldn't be happier at this stage of the season, after losing my opening epic game to @Regor to win 5 in a row has been perfect! Last season was a disappointment as I didn't win games against teams I expected too (Zons and Norse, for example) which would have kept me in the hunt for another title. The team is still hanging together and I just got a dirty player, which should trigger you even more when I don't ever use him! ;)

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
With the top 4 now confirmed (@Regor and @Crowdog09 hopefully massacre each other in the last game ;) ), I would just like to thank everyone for a great season! Especially @EvilSmoothie for being a great admin, with lots of predication posts and streaming many of the games, top man!

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
Indeed the season is pretty much over, only the friendly left between Regor and Crowdog.
Congrats again @stephB for winning the title, and congrats to @Regor @Crowdog09 and @Geryon getting to top 4 and keeping your place here.(Presuming none of you reroll)
Thanks for the season everyone, was easy being an admin for you :)
Only problem is that none of you followed my predictions! Well, Geryon still has a chance, and for that he'll get a gold star for atleast trying! Atleast 3 of the predicted top 4 is in the top 4, that's something I guess...

Also: @Wrekd , Regor, and Crowdog we still need you decision for next season https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/decisions-for-season-18.14276/