Nuln Shall Survive (S17 Fluff)

doohickey

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Hey everyone, welcome to Nuln! I'll be your admin for the season so keep your boots shined and your coats straight!

Our members are:

@Ravers
@gdaynick
@Stinker
@James Rye (Sengil89)
@Francach
@FemurMuertez
@Mureahko
@Noctifer (Durteef Basha)
@jrpeart
@Nuttyfessor

We are waiting on James, Nutty, and Jrpeart to accept their tickets and then we can kick off. Make sure to take a refresher on the rules (https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/ ) if you need it. Most of you have quite a few seasons under your belt here and the rest I had last season and were great so I don't foresee any issues on that front.

Feel free to talk some smack and build your rivalries here just keep it friendly!

doohickey

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Here have my Ultimately Correct Predictions

1. The Noble Orcs - Orcs - @James Rye

The TV leaders of this division, these orcs are looking mean and ready to return to Tier 2. Only one team currently has claw and only two have access, which means they can throw their weight around and win most bash battles. The blitzers are the main drivers on this team as they have a lot of skills at their disposal, but it is balanced out by underdeveloped Black Orcs with one rookie and the other three only having block. They also have an AG4 thrower and a beastly MV7, AG4, Blodge blitzer to round out their scoring threats. Overall it is a solid team that I think can challenge for the title.

2. The Killing Moons - Necromantic - @Ravers

Necromantic are always a solid choice and the Moons’ record reflects that. With only a single loss last season, Ravers coached them to a solid 5-3-1 record. While there are no real standout players yet, the development is fairly well spread out and they will only get better. I expect another good season out of these boys and although they may not be ready for Tier two just yet, they may find their way there anyways.

3. The Snapping Tendons – Human - @FemurMuertez

A team returning from a season off, but it turns out time does not heal all wounds as they enter the season a little banged up. At full strength they look to be a well-rounded human team that can both bash and play the ball. These gents are going to cause most of the teams in the division some trouble but humans being humans, they could end up pretty much anywhere in the standings.

4. Sherwood Forest United – Ogre - @gdaynick

Here is my dark horse for the division. These ogres also had a fair amount of success in their inaugural season, with a 5-2-2 record. They are quite lean on TV (granted they are missing an Ogre and a gnoblar for MD1) and don’t have too many levels on the big boys just yet, though at least one has block. It may be a challenge to reach this promotion position but I think gdaynick is up to the task.

5. Cluster Suckers – Vampire - @Noctifer

These Vamps had great success last season with an undefeated 8-1-0 record, taking the title in Indus. They are a bit light on Vampires with only four as of yet, and still could use more skills but they make up for it with a deep bench of 15 rostered players so they should never be behind in that respect. Unfortunately, they haven’t managed any stat-ups (the other Vamp teams in BC2 must be hogging them all…), but Noctifer has shown he can get the job done regardless.

6. Infernal Milky Way - Dark Elves - @Nuttyfessor

This elf team is a bit of a mixed bag. They have some great players with stat ups but have also suffered a couple busts and are just light on the rostered players in general. Lucky for them if you have AG4 on every player you always have a shot at the win. Their season is going to be decided by how well they can keep their important players protected and on the pitch.

7. Chatioc Good – Chaos - @Mureahko

Here we have a chaos team that is still in its infancy and looking to round out the development. They have spread the levels around but are carrying a few rookies still as well. Overall, they are not particularly scary but have enough of the basic skills to compete in most games but will struggle to place higher than midtable.

8. Takametsän Röllit – Amazon - @Stinker

These Amazons take their punching seriously as they already have mighty blow on all their blitzers and two with piling on. With two +AG and one +ST this team has the beginnings of a monster team, they just need to grow into their shoes. With the amount of rookies they still have they would probably benefit from stewing here in Tier 3 before moving up the ladder.

9. Rural Brettonia – Brettonians - @jrpeart

This team has all the levels right where they want them, on the blockers and blitzers. They are a bit bloaty with four +MV players but their mobility may surprise a lot of teams both on offence and defence. They have al the tools to place much higher in the table but their past tendencies to draw matches dropped them down the table.

10. For Frogs Sake – Kislev - @Francach

Another team that could do with some more time in Tier 3 to develop. They have a fair number of stat ups, but not much in the way of basic skills like block. Kislev desperately need them and are slow to develop so I don’t see them placing to highly this season, but the potential ceiling for them is still sky high in future seasons.

These are just my opinions (but clearly they are all 100% correct *cough*), so feel free to prove me wrong on the pitch! :D

Last edited:

FemurMuertez

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
FemurMuertez
Cyanide Username
FemurMuertez
Country Flag
Ah, this should be fun. Few old rivalries, a couple fellow finns and a few new opponents. Great mixture of races and skillful coaches. Will be exiting to see who of you I shall meet at t2 next season. ;)

And I apologize in advance. I have been waiting a whole season to get the Snapping Tendons back to killing and fouling.:D

Last edited:

James Rye

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
James Rye
Country Flag
Ah, this should be fun. Few old rivalries, a couple fellow finns and a few new opponents. Great mixture of races and skillful coaches. Will be exiting to see who of you I shall meet at t2 next season. ;)

And I apologize in advance. I have been waiting a whole season to get the Snapping Tendons back to killing and fouling.:D

Well, it seems you can try that with my Noble Orcs first.^^

FemurMuertez

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
FemurMuertez
Cyanide Username
FemurMuertez
Country Flag
Well, it seems you can try that with my Noble Orcs first.^^
Oh, I wouldn't have it any other way.:D More than suitable start for our comeback season.:D

I'm still angry about Edwin Fentleberry. You shall know my wrath! :D

gdaynick

Veteran
Steam Username
gdaynick
Country Flag
am i right in thinking i can claim best in race for ogres this season? not that it will be an easy feat with the lineup of teams in this division!

doohickey

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
am i right in thinking i can claim best in race for ogres this season? not that it will be an easy feat with the lineup of teams in this division!
Yes, if you place 4th or better you will take the best in race. And since that is a promo position it will set another mark next season as well

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Hello, old friends, new enemies. First up I have the Vamps of @Noctifer , our only loss last season was to these guys so revenge would be sweeter than a Thralls blood. Look forward to meeting the rest of you on the pitch.

Last edited:

James Rye

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
James Rye
Country Flag
1st time I am put in first place by predictions and first match already was a draw and my 2nd killer blitzer got mov perm. XD

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
With your team you should be 1st tbh! Only Vamps can realistically challenge you. 2nd is a bit optimistic for my team perhaps.

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
It's not an easy feat with ANY line up of teams.
Also that's my title, I won't let you take it.

gdaynick

Veteran
Steam Username
gdaynick
Country Flag
Hello, old friends, new enemies. First up I have the Vamps of @gdaynick , our only loss last season was to these guys so revenge would be sweeter than a Thralls blood. Look forward to meeting the rest of you on the pitch.

pretty sure my lads are ogres haaha

It's not an easy feat with ANY line up of teams.
Also that's my title, I won't let you take it.

ah well you get to help defend your title!

I will hope my ogres but on a good show this season 4th is quite high on the prediction table @doohickey