Lets hit that life goal now in 2020 (with your aid)

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
It is time to cut that shit, and for me to tackle the challenge that I gave myself all the way back in 2014. That is, living healthier and getting back to the shape I was at in 2012. Now I do understand I won't achieve that, because it was that good back in the day...
  • in 2012 my body weight peaked at 94 kilograms, at 20% body fat
  • now in 2020 it is 70 kilograms at 17% body fat
The difference is massive, and I do feel like a whole different person. Getting sick in the military for good, and then going through bad sickness cycles clearly took its toll on the body (most recent being that infected jawbone in Spring 2019).

I am doing this thread to increase my motivation, and stay engaged in this change. My previous efforts (all four of them) have died in couple of weeks, best lasting 6 weeks... Now the goal is to finally breakthrough, because lets face it - still being young 26-year-old helps me out a lot and in few years it will start to get harder purely because of physical age.

I have two different strength training programs that have always worked for me, and I will begin with conditioning based workout program that I keep doing at home. Mostly body weight movements, but they are killers.

Could use some suggestions from you guys. I am looking for some websites or apps that would help with management side of things. Anything that helps with scheduling or logging of workouts, even stuff that help with nutrition. I found out about https://www.eatthismuch.com/ and that website helped me to nail down how I am supposed to be eating:

kalorit-jne.JPG

It is in the ballpark that I did back in the day, to be fair it is less in calories but it checks out as I am not as big. datlogicilgoth.jpg

But yeah, all suggestions with tools to help me out with this lifestyle change is greatly appreciated. I am old-fashioned excel guy and there must be better options to go with.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
My schedule for this and next week, decided I would also include some sort of traffic light system to evaluate eating. Hoping to calculate calories in some grim dark future, where is only... protein.

BBT.JPG

Hoping to start following a diet from Friday and onward (visiting store tomorrow). Friday's foodies seem somewhat blah. God I will become mad in couple of days. Totals 2968 calories (237 carbs / 139 fats / 204 prot)...

BBT.JPG

Last edited:

FemurMuertez

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
FemurMuertez
Cyanide Username
FemurMuertez
Country Flag
I started using Method Makia as an overall solution. Mostly bodyweight training and I'm yet to try the nutritions part but I'm going to look into that next week. You can access it through their website or app. But as usual, it's not free... Damn. Just checked and it costs 49€ for the next 10hours and it seems you get eternal membership with that price. I've liked it but if you don't need anything more than something to collect your data, then that might not be your thing.:D

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
last time i did a big cut ( which is last time i tracked any nutrition beside protein) i used https://cronometer.com/ which works fine in the free version as far as i remember. it tracks micro-nutrients as well but most calorie trackers are basically the same.

26 is no age, i first started lifting in my thirties and its still pretty easy to make serious gains at my age 38 and its still possible to switch from pure getting big and strong to being more lean and healthy when needed.

i hit the big 100 kg Christmas morning :D and will probably just say fuck it and continue eating until the end of january since lifting just feels so god at that size.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I don't know if this website will help you as much with management but I always found out a great informational resource: https://ss.fitness/

Always good read, skimmed through and lot of stuff I already knew, but it is good to go back and memorize things! Loved the diet side, as it is my weakness in terms of knowledge.

I started using Method Makia as an overall solution. Mostly bodyweight training and I'm yet to try the nutritions part but I'm going to look into that next week. You can access it through their website or app. But as usual, it's not free... Damn. Just checked and it costs 49€ for the next 10hours and it seems you get eternal membership with that price. I've liked it but if you don't need anything more than something to collect your data, then that might not be your thing.:D

Yes I don't really need their coaching or programs since I got my tailored 5x5 programs and then Rushfit programs (I have never successfully completed the mid-level course). What sort of workouts they are?

Just returned from the grocery store, and was a tad bit more expensive than my usual groceries BUT there were lot of long-lasting packages so seems good. About do todays practice, have a shower and then start preparing tomorrow's food. Not supersold that my lunch is big enough, but we shall see! The Peanut Butter protein shake seems somewhat filling though.

last time i did a big cut ( which is last time i tracked any nutrition beside protein) i used https://cronometer.com/ which works fine in the free version as far as i remember. it tracks micro-nutrients as well but most calorie trackers are basically the same.

26 is no age, i first started lifting in my thirties and its still pretty easy to make serious gains at my age 38 and its still possible to switch from pure getting big and strong to being more lean and healthy when needed.

i hit the big 100 kg Christmas morning :D and will probably just say fuck it and continue eating until the end of january since lifting just feels so god at that size.

Thanks for the link! I shall check it out. My personal goal for now is just to get that body weight going up in a healthy manner, I am slightly shy to even dream getting back to 95kg. :rolleyes: Congratz on 100!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
forBBT.JPG

That's the first bit of new way of life finished! Had good days, and some awful days. on Saturday, I was way too torn with my leg muscles to even think about working out so just stretched a bit, and then on Sunday redeemed myself and did workout that was due. So not the best way to go about it, but I didn't give up! I have noticed a good pattern in my not-so-good behaviours; on day off from work, I sleep longer and that makes me decrease the quality of breakfast (lunch gets close and all that). Maybe I get that fixed with time, don't wanna beat myself over with details.

I have noticed a clear change in my energy levels though. I feel like I got more will to do stuff, and chores dont feel as bad as they used to be (I have eaten under what I should for quite some time I believe). So quite happy that I started doing this, even though it does take almost an hour out of my day for workouts alone, and then the foodie planning and what not.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
More than three weeks of my new way of living, and rocking it so far. Energy levels are clearly higher than before, although I do need more sleep or otherwise I become dead tired.

Had shoulder pain last weekend, and struggled to workout for two days. Felt the pain even when going to the bed. Granted it is gone, and no pain whatsoever now. Bit odd, go figure what was the problem.

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Regarding shoulderpain it’s often just a rotator cuff issue where something is getting pinched 90 % of the time it can be fixed by just doing face pull regularly.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Regarding shoulderpain it’s often just a rotator cuff issue where something is getting pinched 90 % of the time it can be fixed by just doing face pull regularly.

Thanks for the tip. I've tried some supporting moves and more focused warmups for shoulder but I keep getting minor pains everynow and then (I would say the pain isn't normal to strength training post-workout pain). Most likely will consult doctor about this, to be safe.

At the end of January I had weigh-in time! And look what we see.

forBBT.png

The weight is going up! Granted it is in both muscle and fat, but this is okay. As long as I am going up with it, it is completely fine. Most likely I keep this diet plan for February and March, then tone it down a bit. I did some math, and I believe my body fat is somewhere around 15-17%. I prefer to keep it 20 or below during the process of gaining. Lets see if I can make it happen!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Just had the 'Strength and Endurance' workout, which is one of the most painful ones due to lots of isometrics (I suck at these). Was glad to notice the amount of improvement I have achieved! Iso-squat especially, when I started I dropped real fast but now I was able to hold it for a decent time! These workouts are usually 5 rounds where a round lasts bit over 5 minutes, and in most of them I have been able to increase the intensity and amount of reps I get in. One and half a week remaining of my first set of 8 weeks.

In couple of days I get to see if the bodyweight has still been going upwards. :D

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I have a friend pointed me to this free workout website https://darebee.com/. They really have a lot of workouts and programs and tons of usual information and it is all completely free. I love their programs too.

Took time this morning to look into the site more carefully. Good stuff in there. :D

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
March was a slight setback in terms of bulking and gaining, but I did go through Corona for about 6 days with symptoms. That is where the dip happens (2nd newest data entry is a bug). Still, I am on-track with planned schedule to reach desired bodyweight.

I got no gym in use, so planned change in program won't be happening. More Rushfit for me, which is bit of a bummer because was excited to hit the gym properly.

forBBT.JPG

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Update on this project. Halfpoint of June was a happy day for me...

forBBT-weight.JPG

... I broke the 80kg's mark! Been decent amount of years since been at this number. Corona effect is in April, but luckily body rebounces back fairly well after sudden bodymass loss (most fluids I thinks?). Workouts been going fine, and weights been feeling rather light as of late. Good rolling!

Updated my goal to 90kg, which based on the eatthismuch.com - I would reach in December. I think that might happen a bit earlier, if I keep the same rate of eating which gives me some fat as well. Might tone down on calories.