Ogres!! how to beat them (if possible)

Country Flag
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and my first question is how to win against an Ogre team..
I have a human team and my next game is against and Ogre team. it has 5 of the big guys in it.

Shadow

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
shadow runner
Country Flag
Usually focus on the gnoblars av5 with stunty so are likely to be sent off, tackle helps with this. Depending of the skills of the ogres if enough gnoblars are removed the ogres can be teamed up on and contain. Also if the ogres team is unlucky a bad couple of bone heads would let you either run through if you have the ball or access to their ball carrier.

Country Flag
So if the Ogre team is kicking to me, and sets up the Ogres on the LoS shall i just dodge away from them as my linemen have MV6 so if i am lucky i could have all 3 linemen out of range from them.

Shadow

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
shadow runner
Country Flag
So if the Ogre team is kicking to me, and sets up the Ogres on the LoS shall i just dodge away from them as my linemen have MV6 so if i am lucky i could have all 3 linemen out of range from them.
I wouldn't run that far back as if you do that the ogres would be able to go right up field and make it your last move. Depending on what the ogres could blitz it many be worth leaving linesmen marking an ogre. Another thing to watch out for is gnoblars have an extra +1 to dodge so dodge on a 2 up and ignore tackle zone when they dodge but they can cause a dodge roll if you where to run away from one but their tackle zones don't applied the -1 to your dodge it's always an to dodge into a gnoblar cage.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Yeah let them take 1 blitz a turn ideally on a lino, leave your pieces 2 spaces apart so one ogre can't mark 2 at once, if an ogre boneheads, try to screen him off from the cage, generally make them chase you.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The biggest mistake coaches make against Ogres is over attacking the back field to hunt snotlings. Ogres work best once they fracture the opposite team so present a wall just in front of them (not next to them) and only send a couple of block (&tackle if available) players hunting snots.

Alternatively once Ogres get separated don’t be afraid to one die them with your block players. If they don’t have Guard and you do then this is a massive advantage use it to get a number of blocks. You don’t need to hurt the Ogres just pushing them away or down is enough to slow them down. A fractured Ogre team is a beaten Ogre team. Late in the half use linemen to mark Ogres if needed. Do it too early and you could lose too many players but late on keeping the Ogres apart is worth it.

If the ball is on a Snot wait till he is only protected by 2 other snots then mark them up and 3+ dodge a Blitzer in to 3Die blitz his ball carrier. It will happen sooner or later.

If they have a one turn drive set up a 3 by 9 grid of your players to provide a tackle zone where they want to land (middle of your backfield) not at the back. Throwing (or kicking) snots can work alright but most of the time it just creates a dead snot. With humans you should beat any support to a thrown player so just hold the line and deal with anything going over your head when it happens.

Country Flag
Hi all,
I managed to get a 3-0 win!!
I had a player with KICK skill and got the ball very deep into their half so the Ogre team used up time just moving the ball towards the line of scrummage. I managed to form a small "Ogre Hunter" pack and isolated an ogre and KO'd it.
the Gnoblars were easy to block away and i got myself some good passing channels for my Catchers to run across the endzone.
I even on one kick off restart just put 3 linemen on the scrummage and the rest of my team over 7 squares away. too far for any Gnoblar/Ogre to go for it and blitz.
Thanks all for the advice.. I will highly likely come back and ask for advice against my next opponents.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Well done. I think the lesson is that don't stress about it vs ogres. They look scary, but have quite a few of their own problems to take care of. :)