Help with Ogres tournament list

Steam Username
Lpenades
Country Flag
Hi. I'm going to play Ogres at a tournament in my small country, and as it's my first tournament I'd like to ask for some advice regarding the list. Before you say it, yes, I know what I'm getting into. My dream is to someday be the first Ogres team to win a tournament in my country, and I have to start somewhere. I love them, and I won't go back on my decision... So! That said, the tournament rules are as follows:

Resurrection. Tier 3 teams will have 1150k gp and access to 6 doubles skills, with no player having more than one. This could be huge, as I could really boost my ogres. 6 ogres gives me space for two rerolls and one extra gnoblar, which might be a little too tight, so I think I'll go with:

1 Runt Punter (150k)
4 Ogres (560k)
8 Gnoblars(160k)
4 Rerolls (280k)

I think that 1 extra Gnoblar AND 2 more rerolls are way more valuable than a sixth ogre with none of those.

About the skills. 6 doubles is awesome. However, as part of the tournament rules, after every match I'll have to give up one of my skills due to the players partying between matches (the thematic is Carnaval), so I have to think about that. What do you guys think? I might take Leader and Sure Hands (4+ rerollable for picking up the ball has to be great for Ogres) on two of my ogres, but what about the others? What skill should I give a Gnoblar? Maybe some fouling ability or kick? More importantly, what skills should I give up after each of the 3 matches I'll be playing? I'd love some advice as I am an inexperienced Ogreling that's in love with the team and looking for an epic challenge. Playing for casualties might be a good idea, but I don't think there's a prize for that so I'll have to play to win! Thank you all, love the community

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
You have 4 rerolls so don't really need the reroll form sure hands or a 5th reroll from leader.

I would be tempted to go for 6 ogres and only 2 rerolls. 5 with block and 1 with leader. Lose block after each match.
If you want to stick with 5 ogres then give them all block and probably block on a snot as well.
DP is an option for the snot but even with 13 players I am not sure you can afford one to be sent off.
Lose the snot skill 1st.

If you really want something other than block on an ogre then the best options are tackle , frenzy or break tackle.
Block is the safe option but tackle is better for taking down blodgers , frenzy better for taking down players but more likely to turnover and break tackle lets you reposition.

Steam Username
Lpenades
Country Flag
You have 4 rerolls so don't really need the reroll form sure hands or a 5th reroll from leader.

I would be tempted to go for 6 ogres and only 2 rerolls. 5 with block and 1 with leader. Lose block after each match.
If you want to stick with 5 ogres then give them all block and probably block on a snot as well.
DP is an option for the snot but even with 13 players I am not sure you can afford one to be sent off.
Lose the snot skill 1st.

If you really want something other than block on an ogre then the best options are tackle , frenzy or break tackle.
Block is the safe option but tackle is better for taking down blodgers , frenzy better for taking down players but more likely to turnover and break tackle lets you reposition.

Thank you for the reply!! I see what you mean, maybe I should treat Ogres like buffed Saurus and give them all Block. Yet again, maybe having one BT and one Tackle Ogre can be a good idea to make them stickier, then 3 Block and a Block Snottling to carry the ball. Not a fan of Frenzy personally. 6 Ogres is tempting, but it means having at least one Bonehead every turn, and Rerolls (and gnoblars) go by really fast with this team.
I should be able to out muscle the bashy teams, but elves will probably give me trouble. Is diving tackle not a good idea? Or some shenanigan like Strip Ball or some Wrestle instead of Block?

Steam Username
Lpenades
Country Flag
Uruguayo no? ;)

5 ogres with Block and 1 Leader is what I would take.

Si, pero al final voy a jugar a los Lizardmen creo que los ogros no los tengo pintados. Salvo que me polentee fuerte esta semana jaja

Wyzard

Rookie
Cyanide Username
Wyzard
Country Flag
When I can make it work for skills (and didn't really check the math for RRs, etc.) I prefer block x3, break tackle x2 and leader. I find you need the mobility or can get stuck in by linos.

In the end, if you are choosing to play stunties - play for fun, enjoy the mighty blow when the ogres are smart. Don't waste too many little guys for unsupported fouls - you need them and they can be more resilient than you think.

P.S. - if there is a block/tackle piece on the ground...they get booted often.

Good luck!