Cyanide Attention Australians/New Zealanders

lamaros

Star Player
Country Flag
Juggernaught or Break Tackle as first skill for a RO. Guard is ok, stand firm is poor.

Trust me on this!

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
guard or juggs for me on the RO.

Dirk when are u free to play? hopefully narlys put a few woodies in hospital already for me :)

Pottsy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Unfortunately it was a normal skill, so i will likely go with guard or stand firm.

Another question - is it worth keeping a niggled Linerat with 0spp or should i sack him? If i sack him it will mean i have to field 2 loners. If i keep him, then i only field the 1 loner. I played with him last match and his niggle meant a stun turned into a KO and a KO turned into a badly hurt. So im thinking i should probably just get a Loner Lineman, who can hang around longer.

@ Pottsy - what days/times are good for you to play? Best start time for me is between 13 and 13:30gmt, any day. But if thats no good then shoot me your availability and we can work something out.
1300 Should be fine for most days. Friday I can't play and Saturday is a maybe.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'd have to agree with Lamaros, Juggernaut or Break Tackle on the Rat Ogre! There's only the Rat Ogre and possibly the Yhetee that I wouldn't make into roadblocks, I think they're better off as blitzers/cage breakers.

Speaking of Lamaros, when do you want to play? I'm away for most of the weekend but I think I can do Sunday evening as well as Thursday evening and probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Would you agree to play on the Week End, as my workload stacked, waiting gently I came back from vacation ?

I hope during my days off someone killed that dual blocking assassin :p

Cheers,

Dirk

weekend should be fine mate. i am playing 10pm saturday sydney time in another league, but other than that i am pretty free.

how does 3pm sydney time saturday or sunday sound? will get to watch the cricket while i am playing then :) and the multiblock assassin is still kicking, though my other assassin got his head cracked open

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Had a really fun match vs Pottsy's Chaos. The dice started off bad and went worse for me. It seems this match i was big on :skull: and :bothdown:. I scored on receiving around turn 6 and it was just dumb luck (or rather Pottsy's bad luck) that stopped him from scoring in the 1st half.

2nd half was great fun as i sacked the ball multiple times, but the casualty count was piling up. I think i suffered 5 or 6 injuries during the match and only managed to cause 1 in return. Pottsy scored on turn 15, giving me 2 turns to reply. But with no rr left and my penchant for rolling :skull: it was quickly concluded as a 1-1 draw.

I had so many turnovers that match. More than i've had in a long time. But also some cool hero moves that almost stole me the win. Casualties were pretty nuts though. At least Pottsy got a lot of SPP out of me, getting 3 skilled players, so will hopefully be able to seriously challenge whoever he plays in the quarters.

D6 had me at 6.7 and Pottsy at 18.5. The killer there was the 4/8 gfi which ate my rr (and caused turnovers)
2D6 was me at 13.6 and Pottsy at 17.9. Me at 12/27 and him at 13/24. However he caused 5 injuries vs my 1.

Oh and my Rat Ogre died... again. But luckily the apoth saved him. Thats the 2nd game in a row that it has happened! And the loner got mvp... again. 3rd time that has happened this season. And no, i didnt buy him. But i now for the first time ever, have 3 GR's!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Another question - is it worth keeping a niggled Linerat with 0spp or should i sack him? If i sack him it will mean i have to field 2 loners. If i keep him, then i only field the 1 loner. I played with him last match and his niggle meant a stun turned into a KO and a KO turned into a badly hurt. So im thinking i should probably just get a Loner Lineman, who can hang around longer.

Sack. You don't want him to soak up MVP:s, and the loner is for the LOS anyway.

When having multiple loners - do try to keep enough cash at hand to buy one if they MVP, though.

Dirk Kouglas

Veteran
Country Flag
weekend should be fine mate. i am playing 10pm saturday sydney time in another league, but other than that i am pretty free.

how does 3pm sydney time saturday or sunday sound? will get to watch the cricket while i am playing then :) and the multiblock assassin is still kicking, though my other assassin got his head cracked open

OK for 3PM saturday, I hope that you will be confused by this strange cricket game as much as me when I've watched some. :D

Oh and my Rat Ogre died... again. But luckily the apoth saved him. Thats the 2nd game in a row that it has happened!

This guy is going to win the survivor trophy in this league if there is one.

Last edited:

lamaros

Star Player
Country Flag
I'd have to agree with Lamaros, Juggernaut or Break Tackle on the Rat Ogre! There's only the Rat Ogre and possibly the Yhetee that I wouldn't make into roadblocks, I think they're better off as blitzers/cage breakers.

Speaking of Lamaros, when do you want to play? I'm away for most of the weekend but I think I can do Sunday evening as well as Thursday evening and probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

I might be busy sunday, but I'll be around next week.

Dirk Kouglas

Veteran
Country Flag
I played a pleaseant match against NuffleHatesMe.

The woodies were pressed and finally lost 3-1.
The Assassin were a real plague, but at least no Elves or animals were wounded during the game.

Good Job mate.

Cheers,

Dirk

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
another good game played.
darkies kick and an early ko and cas (+ a rooted tree) sees the darkies really press the woodie offence. t5 the woodies go for the td (with no rerolls) needing a dodge (with dodge skill) and a long pass to the endzone. que snake eyes on the dodge, which sees the darkies recover an put it in t6 after a couple of gfi's without rerolls :).

going into the second half 1-0 up and receiving, the game turns into elf ball with 3 quick scores put up to make it 3-1. woodies had 2 turns to get a consolation score but :skull::skull: puts an end to that.
gg mate!

so the shankers march into the playoffs with an undefeated recorded and 1st place in the regular league sewn up, readying the boys (and girl/witch) for a catastrophic fail game one of the playoffs:D

bring on the semis!