Domain Change

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Seems games workshop have contacted TalkBloodBowl owner regarding having Blood Bowl in the domain name and asked them to change it.

As a result the site is shutting down as that is the easiest option.

Due to this I think it best I move over to a different domain which will be a pain (should have seen it coming).

Apologies for any disruptions in advance.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
OK decided to move over to BBTactics.com

short and easy to remember, bit hard to get a nice domain that doesn't include blood bowl in it

from my understanding it shouldn't be too much disruption and just keep using the current domain and I'll have redirects set up when the transfer is done

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Might be some slight disruption while I get this done...

Khail

Rookie
Country Flag
Good call Coach, best to get it out of the way. Blood Bowl Digital is probably in the same boat, unfortunately.

altf4

Rookie
Country Flag
Nice move, Coach !

Vicious inducements may never disrupt a well-coached team :D

voyagersuk

Veteran
They have ridiculously gone after blood-bowl.net as well.... Tom is all over the rulebook and expressly thanked on the final page.. yet they C&D'd him today as well.

MadBanker

Rookie
They have ridiculously gone after blood-bowl.net as well.... Tom is all over the rulebook and expressly thanked on the final page.. yet they C&D'd him today as well.

He was quite sure it would happen...
The problem is that they not only ask him to change the name (that is normal), they also ask him to remove his archive of articles :(

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
OK, touch wood I think I've managed to iron out all the bugs and the new domain is all raring to go and the old pages should all be redirecting to the new versions properly.

If you do find anything that needs sorting out please do let me know. Cheers all.