Too funny

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Man, i just had to capture this screen at the Cyanide lobby chat. I had just joined to do some admin and... what are the odds?

Thor.jpg

Last edited:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Hijacking the thread... just saw RayXXX describing a funny move:

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index...chmaking-abuse/page__view__findpost__p__69747

Basically he has a DElf Runner with the ball right next to his End Zone. Game is 1-1. 16th turn of the woodies. Woodies put a lineman next to him to give assist. When the wardancer comes to blitz him he chooses "dump-off". Its too risky to send it to the midfield. So he "passes" to the woodie lineman who can't move anymore ! Lineman with his good Agi catches it... game over ! :D

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Lol, that was really sneaky! Another use for DO that I had not realized. You could actually consider it not only for a turn 16 issue but for any situation for which you have no players nearby. At least you know the ball would not be moving at all before your next turn.

illLich

Star Player
Country Flag
hmm
and could u pass to guy that bliz u? if he catch he can't pass it anymore.

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
Nice. Something to keep in mind, especially if you have Nerves of Steel.

It'll be rare to have such a perfect use come up, but often I find myself with a vulnerable Runner holding the ball when I extract it from a scrum. Typically opponents will mark potential receivers so it can be risky to throw to them, but throwing to an opposing AG 4 player who's already moved could be pretty sneaky!

Then again, you can use a reroll on the catch, so generally it'll be better to pass to a receiver in single coverage.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You can't use rerolls to fail rolls in Cyanide, only to succeed, so the plan works better there.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
You can't use rerolls to fail rolls in Cyanide, only to succeed, so the plan works better there.

Though its worth noting that even with the tabletop, it would only work if you burned a team re-roll.

Catch only allows a re-roll of a failed roll.

Interesting that its worded so that a team re-roll can re-roll any roll.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
'Any' probably means 'any kind' of roll (not 'any result'), including block rolls and other not covered by skills. Still, the way it is worded, You can reroll any result too. ;)