Slann Player Guides on bbtactics?

Ranudar

Rookie
Country Flag
Hi everybody, hi Coach

I was wondering when there would be an update of the Slann section on the bbtactics main page since I'm missing your well founded thoughts on the different builds there probably are. Is there going to be such thing in a nearer future?
I'd enjoy that a lot :D

Besides, I'm looking for play reports on the Slann. If someone knows any besides the two I found in this forum, I'd be glad to have a link posted here :D

Greets Ranudar

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Chaos Edition is not getting Slann (unless the Slann in question call themselves Khorne - but that would be a better call for a Tzeenetch team, I think)

Or are there any new news?

-

Ranudar - I know a couple of good slann teams in our local TT, but I don't think any of them wrote any reports about their games..

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I suppose I could squeeze them in at some point before Chaos Edition is out, along with the other teams too.

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I suppose I could squeeze them in at some point before Chaos Edition is out, along with the other teams too.

Personally, I'd love to see some guides on the Underworld team. :) I struggled quite a lot on the skill choices on especially the Throwers since they are multi-role, they can take mutations and they play all drives, and on the Blitzers since their role on the team is not clearly defined - are they killers with CMBPO or are they support players with Guard, Two Heads, Stand Firm, leaving the blitzing to be done with the Linerats?

For assistance in my case, I looked at other Underworld teams online, I read the Plasmoid playbook and I listened to the Three-Die-Block podcast about the team, but I'd much prefer to have the guides written up here, since they helped me out a lot when I first started playing Wood Elves.

They are part of Chaos Edition as well, now is the time I think :)

Ranudar

Rookie
Country Flag
I'm going to play Slann in a local league if we manage to set it up and already read and listened everything on Slann, that i could find. But as a reference I like this page a lot, so that I will really appreciate it, when you manage to squeeze them in.
Greetings

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
Animosity is already listed in the CRP.

This reminds me of a good set of lines from 'V for Vendetta':

Evey Hammond: Who...who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what. And what I am, is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

In this case though the paradox is revealed by the following question...

What's the CRP?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
This reminds me of a good set of lines from 'V for Vendetta':

Evey Hammond: Who...who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what. And what I am, is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

In this case though the paradox is revealed by the following question...

What's the CRP?

Competition Rules Pack - the official title for Living Rule Book 6 (since they never had time to finish adding all the fluff and pictures it didn't ever quite become LRB).

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
How terribly confusing. These are the official rules, they're just not official.

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
Competition Rules Pack - the official title for Living Rule Book 6 (since they never had time to finish adding all the fluff and pictures it didn't ever quite become LRB).
Not quite correct.

The BBRC signed off on a LRB6, which included all the fluff and pics that were in LRB5 (and also included the "produced by GW" box which included the BBRC etc).
When the CRP file was uploaded, all the pics and fluff had been removed (in a very basic hatchet job, from the look of some pages), supposedly as there was a potential IP issue.

Anyone that is in procession of a "Icepelt" rulebook has it in the form the BBRC and Jervis intended.

As for Slann, Underworld and Pact, they were always intended for inclusion in LRB6, but someone higher up the chain than Jervis said that only teams that GW had figures for could be added (hence why Norse lost "Snow Trolls" and gained "Yhetees"), and the BBRC (with Jervis) decided to hold all 3 back to release as once, as they were given the impression that GW would make Slann "sooner rather than later". Since then the landscape has changed, and it's unlikely that Slann will get models, so all 3 teams are in the limbo of being "official" as far as Jervis and the BBRC are concerned, but not for GW as a company. I will note that all 3 were allowed at the NAF Championship held at Warhammer World.

Last edited:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Thanks for the correction Darkson, I had the impression it was more complicated than my understanding of it. Explains a few references I've seen to Icepelt also. :)

My understanding of the NAF tournament this year was the GW models were required though. If so that would make Slann a little more of a challenge without some clever proxy miniatures.

Certainly all other GW events I've attended or been away of required GW, GW based conversions or scratch built models only. I think the NAF had managed to get around this one in the past, but I understood it was required this time around.

Hobnail

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Hobnail
Country Flag
It was the case, but it was all b*ll*cks.

Everyone turned a blind eye - I played 2 teams with non GW BB figures myself.

There was a Slann team being represented by goblin squig hoppers and doomdivers btw.

They put two sly fingers up at GW by handing greebo teams out to all the trophy winners as additional prizes too. :D

My understanding is that WW won't be used next year.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Warhammer World is getting prohibitively expensive for hosting events, I know when I was part of Ammobunker they were starting to baulk at the cost of their annual trip, which used to be bookable for free.

Hobnail

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Hobnail
Country Flag
The expense wasn't the issue, I understand that GW have decide to not to lease out the hall for events any more. Possibly.

faulpyr

Rookie
Country Flag
It's disappointing that GW have held up the Slann team. I was really hoping for them to be in the Cyanide Chaos Edition, as I think a team where all positionals have leap could be very interesting to play.

Although, I'm not even entirely sure what they'd look like.

Ranudar

Rookie
Country Flag
Since the GW Slann look like big, fat toads, it seems reasonable to me to imagine the more dynamic and younger Slann as frogs.

So I like the greebo miniatures the best.