Mico's teams' chronicles

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Wait.. she's got JU, and for some reason you decided to delay her move towards POMB-Tackle by... lotz'n'lotz?

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I never planned on making her a killer. I have Killer Price for the job and she's probably getting Piling On on the nearest level up. Although I'm also cosidering Pro (to reroll double pushes) and Dauntless.

Duty Free is supposed to be able to blitz (push) away everything, she's getting Juggernaut and Dauntless next. She got Jump Up only because I want to give this skill to every Blitzer rolling a double (not a fan of Side Step when I have Stand Firm available).

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I agree that Sidestep was somewhat overrated on blitzer double - however one diving tackle on a blodge standfirmer (possibly with tackle as well) is something you really should look into..

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Another win today against Flanks it seems, pushing you up to 14 and ahead of the pack - only Blackmist stands to overtake, if he beats Netsmurf.

I'm disappointed though, that the Dwarves didn't do any serious damage since I still have to face you in MD9.

That's assuming I survive Blackmist's Chaos in MD8...

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I agree that Sidestep was somewhat overrated on blitzer double - however one diving tackle on a blodge standfirmer (possibly with tackle as well) is something you really should look into..
Yes, I'm also considering Diving Tackle, but only on my two Guard/Stand Firm Blitzers, who are... in training. Of course both Catchers are getting Side Step and Diving Tackle too, if they live long enough.

@Gallows Bait
I'm hoping to ensure my promotion in the MD #8 match so I can get an 'accidental' disconnection in our match and avoid getting destroyed by all Your Mighty Blow and Tackle. ;)

I'll post the MD #7 update soon.

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
How do Amazon beat Dwarfs? Seriously? How?

A combination of luck and skill.

Bear in mind with all positionals playing the Dwarves only have 5 Tackle on the pitch. Prodigious use of chainpushing girls away from Blockers allows them to dodge more easily and go provide assists elsewhere. At least that's how I did it with my Amazon of a Gun team back in CC4 (not that I won, but a 0-0 draw with an 8/9 dodge available to win shows the possibility)

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
And here's the update for MD #7 (1-0 victory over Flanks' Elfs In Spirit Dwarves). Bargain made a casualty (Zara The Slayer got what she deserved for betraying her sisters :D) and got the MVP.I will probably give her Wrestle on the level-up. High On Estrogen scored the TD.

She Loves Unwashed Trolls was very near a TD of her own, but she failed a catch (despite the re-roll) in one TZ on turn #16. If she caught the ball, there would still be a dodge to make, though (no Tackle) before scoring.

cheapgirls4.jpg

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Who do you use as the main ball carrier. Also, do you think its worth having a leader considering your rr's only cost 50k? Or was that part of the "cheap girls" theme?

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I don't have a dedicated ball carrier (yet?), usually I give the ball to the girl with fewest SPPs, but they rarely score. Most of my touchdowns are scored on defence (at least this season), so it's usually pretty random who gets them.

Getting Leader is indeed part of the theme and also the reason orignally I got a Thrower on the team. If she dies I will probably get a 4th re-roll and make the replacement Thrower a dedicated ball carrier.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I like to have a dedicated thrower/ball carrier. Makes it easier to spread out the SPP. You just send ahead who needs the SPP.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Only a 1-1 draw against High Elves of Ivan's Phoenix Brigade. I was leading 1-0 since my turn #8 and all was looking well, but then I mislicked on my turn #15 which allowed him to equalize and left me no time to try anything.

I am disappointed. Even my consolation T16 foul did not do anything (except getting my girl ejected from the pitch). :(

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Sorry to see you lose the win with a misclick. :(

On the plus side, I beat Blackmist, so you go joint top right now.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Only until You destroy me in matchday #9. :D

You're the one doing so well in the brutality stakes, admittedly not without cost, but your girls are pretty vicious.

If I read correctly, your roster is back up to strength as well, so I need to have a good look at what kind of inducements there will be for you. :)

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Just a quick update for Cheap Girls (MD #3 of OCC S14 [Group 4A]), so I can access my roster from anywhere, as I need to think of some tactics for tomorrow's match. ;)

cheapgirls5.jpg

And while I'm at it, current roster for Terrible Thirteen (after four matchdays of UEI CC IX [Group #4]). Any hints on what to give the Black Orc (except the obvious Block)?

TerrThir_01.jpg

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Any hints on what to give the Black Orc (except the obvious Block)?
Other than Block, the equally obvious alternatives Mighty Blow or Guard. Not very original I know but Black Orcs don't scream out for originality IMO.

I'd take Block though as it makes him more reliable.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
From watching your replays this season (div 4 is my courier report division) I could really see a Guard being very useful the way you use your Black Orcs, but yeah, it is hard to see past block.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Isn't it time to demand a refund on Refund?

With only 2 spp she's not that much better than a rookie that it excuses a niggle, imo..