Rules Hypnotic Gaze in Cyanide is bugged ?

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
Hi all,

I've just finished a game vs a vamp coach. The guy made an hypno at every blitzing action and before blocking. That was the fisrt time i see it. I said to him it might be a bug, against the rules (i doesn't have bbtactics.com open in a webpage every time i play ;) so i was gentle with him ). So i checked the rules :

"The player may use hypnotic gaze at the end of his Move Action on one opposing player who is in an adjacent square"

From (another great) Coach's article on Hypnotic Gaze

" You can now only use Hypnotic Gaze at the end of a move action (it used to be even more powerful to the point of being broken, where you could use it at any point during any action)"

So the rule are uber clear no ?

A player cannot move and block ( the exeption is the Blitz). And you can make an hypno only at the end of a moving action.
So hypno while blitzing and before blocking isn't authorized.

That really surprized me, again it was the very first time i did see that, and i made some games vs vamps before.

So another bug or i'm definitly crazy and i misunderstood the rules ?
Or maybe it's a known bug and it was my first experimentation of it ... :D

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
I have the replay here. I use bbmanager so i've got the log (awesome :D), but how can i export it ? The export option just do shit.

Attachments

• Replay_2012-10-03_20-14-42.zip
    79.2 KB · Views: 176

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Easiest way if you use BBmanager is to just say which league you have uploaded it to (and team names and which day it was loaded to) and we can find the logs ourselves ;)

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
It was a game in No Bash but i uploaded it in Open League (There's no No bash in bbm).

Bite your Own Damn Neck ( mslarse1) Vampires
vs
The phoenix Slashers (Spartakus) Dark Elves

03/10/2012 8:14:42

@ Lebe, first example in his very first turn :mad:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Made a quick exhibition match... and I managed to do the same thing... blitz and hypno !! Its a cyanide problem

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah... scary isn't it ? ;) He did it seven times in that game...

I was like.... wtf man ?? He said i can do it only on blitz, and that the game allowed it.
It's against the rules nah ? If it is , i could'nt say if he was cheating on purpose or not. But i tell him i'll keep him informed of the rules.
If this is cheating, this is a banning reason for No Bash and FOL no ?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, if it was in No Bash you can at least report him for cheating..but damn if that isn't bad :(

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Wow, a bug that actually benefits Vamps. As opposed to all the bugs that screw them. I suppose it would be a bit much for me to use this in my SSC Vamp team... although it sure is tempting. :D

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Whoa.

Everything about Vamps is SO broken...

At least this helps them out, for once. :p

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Made a quick exhibition match... and I managed to do the same thing... blitz and hypno !! Its a cyanide problem

Do you think it can be done in any order when you blitz?

1- move, block then hypno
2- move, hypno then block
3- block, move then hypno
4- block, hypno then move
5- Hypno, move and block
6- Hypno block and move

Or is any of the above not possible by Cyanide? Hopefully at least those where hypno happens before the move (4, 5 and 6) do not work...

Last edited:

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
Do you think it can be done in any order when you blitz?

1- move, block then hypno
2- move, hypno then block
3- block, move then hypno
4- block, hypno then move
5- Hypno, move and block
6- Hypno block and move

2 and 5 are possible, my opponent did it. For the others, i wasn't sure. So i ran some tests :
- 1,3 and 4 are not possible.
- 2, 5 and 6 are possible.

@ Narly Bird and Juriel : can you be more specific on other vamps bugs ?

So i have this idea : make a thread to register all cyanide's game lapses from the rules (and/or bugs). Maybe someone already did that, but if it exists, i don't know where... :eek:

This can be useful to coachs and admins of leagues who wants to play "by the book".
And many coachs doesn't know these bugs. For example, i've heard of a leap bug, but i don't know what this bug authorize.

Any thoughs on that ?

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So i have this idea : make a thread to register all cyanide's game lapses from the rules (and/or bugs). Maybe someone already did that, but if it exists, i don't know where... :eek:

This can be useful to coachs and admins of leagues who wants to play "by the book".
And many coachs doesn't know these bugs. For example, i've heard of a leap bug, but i don't know what this bug authorize.

Any thoughs on that ?

Been done already! Although I am not sure if Armaviva keeps updating it:

Blood Bowl - Official Forum • View topic - Blood Bowl LE Confirmed Bugs List

See last page. I just posted with yours :p

Spartakus

Star Player
Country Flag
Thanx Viajero !

I should have read threads on the official forum more carefully...
Sometimes i'm lazy and i'm more a bbtactics.com reader kind of guy ! :D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Might be he doesn't know he is abusing the rules...

Reporting him doesn't have to lead to him being banned - but not reporting him means he'll never be it, even if he knows he's cheating.