Delete post function!

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
We really really need to have that implemented. I have lost the count of double posts made by mistake that I can't delete. It s just clutter in those threads.

Plenty other forums allow to delete posts so I can only asume this is Coach´s strategic decision here, so no worries.

But I would think that allowing a delete function that lasts only for, say, a couple hours on any posts or until someone quotes it, wouldnt be too amiss to precisely prevent this double post error, or quick right after the fact deletion if the poster realizes immediately a serious flaw in something just posted. This shouldnt interfere too much with the original intention, methinks.

Many forums have similar functionality (temporary deletion control and block of deletion function once quoted) so I know it can be done, no?

Last edited:

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
There is a delete post function. I've posted a demonstration of how it works in the post above this one.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
More than happy to delete double posts reported to the moderators. :)

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Please just report them and let the moderators or myself remove them. Click the report post button at the top right of the post
report.gif

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Please just report them and let the moderators or myself remove them. Click the report post button at the top right of the post
report.gif

No worries, but... please what is the reason why a scheme as I proposed above, or similar, where each of us can do it on our own is not possible?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You don't even have to report the post. I read all posts, and so far I've removed your (very few) double posts when I've gotten to them.

If you want to be really sure to get rid of a post, just edit obe of them to say "double post" (since else I might possibly miss one in the matchmaking threads for other divisions than my own)

There will be no possibility to delete forever, this is a deliberate choice.

There was a time when it was tested to temporarily allow deleting - the problem with that was that it also removed the opportunity to edit posts after that grace period was over. And so many team blogs live by the method of editing their OP to show an updated team that this solution was untenable at best.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You don't even have to report the post. I read all posts, and so far I've removed your (very few) double posts when I've gotten to them.

If you want to be really sure to get rid of a post, just edit obe of them to say "double post" (since else I might possibly miss one in the matchmaking threads for other divisions than my own)

There will be no possibility to delete forever, this is a deliberate choice.

There was a time when it was tested to temporarily allow deleting - the problem with that was that it also removed the opportunity to edit posts after that grace period was over. And so many team blogs live by the method of editing their OP to show an updated team that this solution was untenable at best.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
Why not have the same delete function that other boards use, in that a poster can delete there own post as long as no-one else has replied?

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I think that was asked before and I don't think vbulletin had an option to do that. I'm not adverse to enabling such a thing if anyone knows where it is, I may have just overlooked it.

Not like it is has been a problem on here up to this point anyway as far as I'm aware. Sounds like Nikolai is doing a bang up job anyway!

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
These are the tamest boards i've ever seen. Either everyone is deathly afraid of Dreamy, or the community just really attracts the best sort of folk. I'm inclined to believe the former. ;)

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
These are the tamest boards i've ever seen. Either everyone is deathly afraid of Dreamy, or the community just really attracts the best sort of folk. I'm inclined to believe the former. ;)

No one is afraid of me though. :(