If you were to 'level the playing field'....

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
...how would you go about doing it?

Goblins:

Another Troll

Another Pogoer

No Loner on the Trolls

Halflings

Another Treeman

0-2 Agi 4 Super Flings

Ogres

Ogres Start with Pro

Khemri

0-2 Catch Ra's

7 2 2 7 Catch, Diving Catch

Vampire

Vamps Start with Pro

Chaos

All start with Block, Mighty Blow, Claw, Piling On

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Pro Elfs

Getting to buy an Super Apothecary, that can't fail for 100k.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Humans:

Catcher +1 AG
Blitzer -10k cost

Orcs:

Blitzer +10k cost

Dwarf:

Blocker -Tackle

Chaos Dwarf:

Blocker -Tackle

Skaven & Underworld
0-4 Blitzers

I like the Sure Hands High Elves idea.

:D

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Human, Fend on linemen and Catchers at no cost.

Khemri, lose Decay, everyone has Thick Skull.

All elves, linemen lose A access and rerolls cost 60k.

Orcs, lose Goblins and 2 Blitzers.

Chaos, Beastmen lose S access and become positionals with a relevant starting mutation instead.

Vamps, rerolls cost 50k, get two 8337 No Hands Wolf units.

Off the top of my head.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Oh, now I like the Elves and Chaos changes there, quite dramatic, yet I think fair - though maybe some of the 70k linemen look a little pricy then.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Khemri: Throw Ra's lose Pass and have sure hands thick skull instead. Blitz Ras - Gain Thick Skull, TG + 10 lose Decay

Halflings: can field an extra player but he will count as having secret weapon when drive ends ( can still use sneak git as below) Can have 18 player roster.
trees 0-3
Flings 0-16
Catchers 0-4 70k 6246 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Fend

Goblins: Lose loner on trolls, Sneaky git providing a 4+ Sv against being sent off with all secret weapons having it, 3rd troll, 18 player roster
0-3 70k Secret weapons - choose loony, fanatic, bomba
0-2 20k Snotlings,
0-2 70k Goblin Stabber - Stab & Shadowing, Dauntless- G/As or Po-goers
0-2 60K Squigs 3418 Wild Animal, frenzy, Claw, MB, Random Ma, No Hands, Thick Skull (like Fanatic) S/G or A/M/P on doubles
0-3 Trolls
0-1 90k Snotling Pump Wagon - 4618 random Ma (like fanatic) No Hands, Decay, MB, DP, Loner, Secret Weapon, Stand firm. S

Chaos: make beastmen 0-6 warriors 0-4 1 min, 0-12 Maruaders 6338- G/M S/P/A 50K

Human: Catchers +10k str3, 0-2 halflings

Orcs: Blitzers +10k

Nurgle: Beasts gain M access

Chaos Dwarfs: lose Minotaur. Gain 0-2 120,000 K'daai Fireborn 4419 Disturbing Presence, Regenerate, MB. S/G A/P, Gain 0-2 Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits 60,000gp - 6337 dodge G/A P/S.

Dwarfs/Chaos Dwarfs/Underworld/ Khemri/ Undead/ Necromantic/humans/ Chaos/ Nurgle/ Orcs / being able to choose between a 0-1 special weapon - Chain saw/Bomber/Launcher

Skaven / Lizardmen / Amazon/Dark Elves Can take a Stab player

High Elves/Pro Elves can roll a D6 when ever the opposing coach fouls 5+ they are sent off.

Raise Dead/Nurgles Rot - works on any non regenerate/wild animal/loner/really stupid/bone head/stunty/midget player who dies loses stats - Zombies -1Ma 1ag, + regen Skeletons 1ag 1av+ Thick Skull. Regenerate rotters -1ma and gain decay, mutation access but retain all skills and skill access, spp total and cost.

Zons:
0-2throwers 80 K Sure hands G/P
0-2Bliters 120k +1Ma, +SS replace block with wrestle G/S
0-2Catchers 90k +1Ma G/A
Line as are
0-2 140kl Jaguar Warrors 8437 Claw. G/A
0-1 150k Totem Guard 65110 Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Regenerate. Take Root, Loner. G

Wood Elves gain
0-2 Dryads 120k 6428 thick Skull, Grab S/G
Wardancers replace dodge with fend.

Ogres become 0-8,. snotlings removed replace with
0-12 gnoblars 30k: 5236 stunty, right stuff, dodge. Ag
0-2 stikkas 50k 5236 stunty, right stuff, dodge, Stab. Ag/G

Vampires gain
1 Vampire Lord 200k 6549 Regenerate, Pro, Mighty Blow, Hypnotic gaze G/A/S.

Well thats all I can think of for the moment I am sure I will add to/ modify this! This seems like some fun changes, I would also change a lot of the rules, add in rules for different types of wizards, teams could have +1apoth at 1800k and another at 2500k, those teams that cannot have apothacary can have igors instead. Cards can be purchased (random still)....

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
Goblins:

0-4 Goblin Nobs 6-2-3-7 Dodge Stunty Right Stuff GA-SP

And/or Sure Feet allows a reroll of GFIs and TTM landings.

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
Not the way I play them. ;)

Elfs, of any description, have never won any of our leagues, and only once in our 6 NAF tournament (Dark Elf).
I just don't find them an issue overall.

I'd have more concerns with playing a BB game where all the roster's were balanced, as it's unnecessary and against the fluff.

Stryke

Star Player
Country Flag
I think 'more interesting' is a better aim than 'more balanced' as far as Blood Bowl goes.

Couple of comments on ideas before.

0-4 Blitzers on Underworld is an idea that has me practically salivating at the carnage they'd inflict but you just wouldn't have enough goblins left on the field with 8 rats and a Troll to keep the team concept.

I like the one secret weapon player out of a choice of three on teams like Underworld (oddly enough) and Chaos Dwarves, but at the moment that's way too many teams imo.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I think 'more interesting' is a better aim than 'more balanced' as far as Blood Bowl goes.

Couple of comments on ideas before.

0-4 Blitzers on Underworld is an idea that has me practically salivating at the carnage they'd inflict but you just wouldn't have enough goblins left on the field with 8 rats and a Troll to keep the team concept.

I'd happily drop the Linerats to keep the balance. :D

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I agree on the concept of the Khemrian squads getting Catch-Ras, but the Khemri are ancient and somewhat weakened through age, so decay should remain an issue.

What the Hell is a Snotling Pump Wagon ???

I'd vote no on adding mutation access on Beasts of Nurgle.

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
I'd happily drop the Linerats to keep the balance. :D
I'd prefer dropping the linerats for two gutters instead. That'd make the team a real contender to the skaven. :D
Which both miss the point of the team - they were meant to be bad (though not as bad as the "pure" stunty teams).
Also, the 2 Blitzer/2 Thrower/2 Lineman limits are also a fluff consideration, as that was the make up of the original Underworld Creepers team. The roster already got a "fluff buff" by the addition of a troll (mainly because there are no goblin catchers any more).

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Which both miss the point of the team - they were meant to be bad (though not as bad as the "pure" stunty teams).
Also, the 2 Blitzer/2 Thrower/2 Lineman limits are also a fluff consideration, as that was the make up of the original Underworld Creepers team. The roster already got a "fluff buff" by the addition of a troll (mainly because there are no goblin catchers any more).

I'm not trying to miss the point of the team, but this is a "what if" kind of thread.

I get that they are a challenge, I love the fluff (though there's precious little of it if you are like me and never got the add on books for 2nd edition).