Metathread for good and useful Cyanide-related things

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Here are links to mod threads that are pretty useful for optimizing your play if you're using the Cyanide client.

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/how-not-misclick-end-turn-button.1683/

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/how-fastforward-through-replay-also-laptop.4740/

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/how-remove-snowy-pitch-norse-stadium.1663/

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/khorne-bloodthirster-smaller-wings.3081/

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/connectivity-port-issues.1232/

http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/wizard-bugs-problems-like-how-change-your-mind.4052/

Removing Stadiums
I find most the stadiums really hard to play on so I just deleted all but one so all my mates are on the same pitch (same with spectating as well)
Go to your game folder and navigate to \Data\3d\Level
Then simply delete the "Level_0x" that matches the pitches you want to remove. You might want to make a backup folder somewhere and cut and paste them in case you easily want to add them back at a later date.
If you aren't sure which number is which stadium go to \Data\3d\Textures\Stadiums and the order of the images there match the order of the stadiums. Do note that the numbers don't match up as they are from 0 while the stadiums start at 1.

Remove the Crowd Chanting when near the End Zone with the Ball
I find the crowd noises when standing with the ball by the end zone really annoying. Especially if you are there for multiple turns. You can simply rename or delete the crowd noise files and you don't have to suffer them.
Go to the \Data\Sound\Events\Public folder and look for the following three files:
PublicPreTDLoop_01 PublicPreTDLoop_02 PublicPreTDLoop_03
I simple renamed them to put "old" on the end, for example PublicPreTDLoop_01old then if you want them back you can just rename them back to the original name.

Eddeby made two good mods - one for easily kicking centrally without having to count, and one with a pretty grid in general. Coach recommends them both highly. They are spoilered because they make this post a bit big and picture heavy but it's good stuff.
Easy Kicking Centre Square Mod
Marks the centre square in each half, so you can just click straight on it for the safest kick - without having to count out the squares every time.
screenshot-280.png

Link to download page
Original Post

Coach's Recommended Custom Grid
Lined squares, Clear, Clean and Consistent Overlay.
bloodbowlchaos_2013-03-12_05-43-37_001.jpg

Link to download page
Original Post

Link to bonus download page:- An overlay using gray for the opponent (best suited for viewing replays where both players are counted as the opponent)
Plus another useful tidbit:
Identifying the pitches by their numbers
bb-pitch-numbers1.jpg

*Note: the names were just made up by me*

NoJeb posted the following graphical mod at Reddit
A few weeks ago I stumbled over BB Chaos Edition, and reminded of long gone real good times with the Tabletop, I gave it a shot. And while I like the wracked dirty old style at the Tabletop Boards I didn’t liked it on the interface. It made a cluttered and a color explosion impression on me. So since all files are accessible I gave it a shoot.
Here is an Imgur-Album to see what’s awaiting you: Link
Installation: Just depack the rar file inside your BB Directory and confirm the overwriting of files.
Note: If you want to use the Community Pack please install it first.
Note 2: To reset to the original state just validate the installation in Steam and revamp.
It should be working fine with Legendary and Chaos Edition, Versions before I don’t know.
So here is the Link to the download File: Link
I duplicated the links somewhat through the text since the Reddit thread implied some people had problems finding them..

Community

Blood Bowl Manager - How do I get it to work?(Saved for historical purposes only. BBM is dead.)

Ventrilo Server

Last edited:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I know its not a mod, but the port issues thread it worth linking for anyone trying to get the best out of Cyanide, so I added it anyway. :D

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Am I right in thinking that people have made custom grid layouts with different appearances that you can replace in the Blood Bowl folder?

Would be good to have links to those if they still exist for Chaos Edition.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Am I right in thinking that people have made custom grid layouts with different appearances that you can replace in the Blood Bowl folder?

Would be good to have links to those if they still exist for Chaos Edition.

Yes there is a pack of community content mods, linked at Cyanide forums, which includes a new more flashy grid layout:

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169

But also, for some reason I cant get my vanilla grid to look like the one they use at the TGS tourney, showing the tackle zones with "x". Which was the shortcut key for that? "G" does not seen to work for me,

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I've had some trouble with the end turn button mod on Steam. Anyway, short story is that the auto installer doesn't work so just have to go in and replace the End turn layout file in the BB data folder with the one in the mod data folder.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
The community content pack includes the end turn button repositioned below your team turn counter and banner. I have it fully installed in BBCE, no issues so far that I can tell.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Is it possible to totally remove some of the pitches as well, or only play matches on the same one of your choice every time?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Just delete the pitches you don't like, and replace them with copies of a pitch you like, should work fine.

(When trying, as always backup first and try an exhibition match in single player mode)

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I see that it is saving stuff on my c: even though my documents is on another drive on my pc. Is there an easy way to get the game to save them in my proper my docs folder?

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
After playing on many great looking custom pitches for tabletop that have the centre square marked out on the board (for ease when kicking) I got a bit fed up having to go back to counting it out every time I kicked.

A quick post on the official BB boards and a day later there is a handy little mod that marks out the centre square on the pitch now. There is one for each stadium so you can pick and choose which ones you would like it on. As I've only got one stadium left I just needed that one.

Check the thread out http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2916&p=32371#p32363

Also added to OP for reference.

kicksquare1.jpg

kicksquare2.jpg

ravage

Veteran
Country Flag
coach, the custom grid that eddebaby made is the highlight of that thread for me. VERY nice, very clean, and is it me or does BBCE actually have less visual lag using that grid somehow? thanks for that link, im stoked I stumbled upon that!

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
Yes there is a pack of community content mods, linked at Cyanide forums, which includes a new more flashy grid layout:

Blood Bowl - Official Forum • View topic - [Mod] Blood Bowl Community Content Pack: v1.6

But also, for some reason I cant get my vanilla grid to look like the one they use at the TGS tourney, showing the tackle zones with "x". Which was the shortcut key for that? "G" does not seen to work for me,

I've been playing around a bit with the visuals of the game and these are set by a file Cell.dds, many of the mods and content packs include replacement Cell.dds files.

You can view and edit these with Photoshop, paint.net, or GIMP (with a DDS plugin).

It can be worthwhile to look at the default file, and several of the alternates out there to cut/paste the elements you like from each one to make your own final file.

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
coach, the custom grid that eddebaby made is the highlight of that thread for me. VERY nice, very clean, and is it me or does BBCE actually have less visual lag using that grid somehow? thanks for that link, im stoked I stumbled upon that!

Yeah I love the grid lines from his version.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I ve also found out that clearing everything inside a Bloodbowl game folder called "Cache", and relaunching the game, tends to help in seeing the right mod whenever there are issues.

Last edited:

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
OP can you find the thread the details how to use Blood Bowl Manager and put in first post, since we don't have that info stickied?