Cyanide Blood Bowl II - Logo and Info

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
That settles that then, does make sense otherwise a new dev would likely have to start from scratch.

Hopefully they redo some of the teams (like the High Elves) so they look like Blood Bowl players and not Warhammer soldiers.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That settles that then, does make sense otherwise a new dev would likely have to start from scratch.

Hopefully they redo some of the teams (like the High Elves) so they look like Blood Bowl players and not Warhammer soldiers.

Aye, and so they don't all look identical at a distance once they've put on their capes.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though. Assuming the Bull Centaur fiasco is anything to go by, 3D asset generation seems to be a huge problem for veteran 3D game developers Cyanide. :confused:

Not holding my breath about any of this, actually. But they'll have me on the line if they at least manage to implement all the star players. You'd assume that surely, for a full 'second' version release, they'd have no excuse not to. But history shows this to also have been a huge problem for veteran salami slicers Cyanide.

kvasilad

Star Player
Country Flag
Ah, imagine if they allowed matches to be resumed after a disconnect from saved replay data, like Starcraft II: HotS is promising these days. Or if they made sure that clients report status to the server and not just do peer-to-peer exclusively. Or, you know, in general just fix/rewrite the entire network code. One can dream.

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
Ah, imagine if they allowed matches to be resumed after a disconnect from saved replay data, like Starcraft II: HotS is promising these days. Or if they made sure that clients report status to the server and not just do peer-to-peer exclusively. Or, you know, in general just fix/rewrite the entire network code. One can dream.
+1000

and stuff.

Panda with issues

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well, although I'll forever be pleased that cyanide bothered to make an easily accessible online version of blood bowl, they already know what we all want.

They know the problems (net code, bugs, wrong implementations of rules, terribly unergonomic interface, both in game and in menu). Just fix them.

And do it without messing us about by releasing half the teams in one release, and dribble drabbling them out, and releasing multiple versions trying to milk (and having the side effect of dividing) the playerbase. If they want to do it that way, it needs to be with very minimally priced DLC, not different games.

More customisation of players would be nice ( I mean, homeworld was doing it in the 1990s, and relic continued that with DoW) but not essential.

They know what we want, they know what they need to do. So they need to step in the ring and deliver this time.

Web Cole

Veteran
Country Flag
Ah, imagine if they allowed matches to be resumed after a disconnect from saved replay data, like Starcraft II: HotS is promising these days.

That's actually implemented in HoTS already. The technology exists :p But yeah, that would be a very desirable feature, especially if the multiplayer stability remains the same.

Burius81

Rookie
Country Flag
And do it without messing us about by releasing half the teams in one release, and dribble drabbling them out, and releasing multiple versions trying to milk (and having the side effect of dividing) the playerbase. If they want to do it that way, it needs to be with very minimally priced DLC, not different games.

More customization of players would be nice ( I mean, homeworld was doing it in the 1990s, and relic continued that with DoW) but not essential...

+1 Here. If they put some thought into it they could make a good bit of change. Release BB2 with at least all of the current CE teams and the ability to customize your players a bit. Then release customization bits as $2 to $5 dlc chunks. The art department always runs out of shit to do somewhere along the line of developing a game and I would think that more than a few people would enjoy having more bits and bobs to customize their players with.

I would like to see Slann and Chaos Pact included as well but I could wait on them in the above situation.

I didn't mind the release we had already. LE added 9 teams (9 right?) and I got the discounted price for CE. It was still a little pricey for what was included but I have gotten so many hours of enjoyment out of the games that I was fine with throwing them a bone on that one.

DrHealex

Star Player
Cyanide Username
DrHealex
Country Flag
I would not be opposed to a free2play approach providing two free teams like humans and orcs with the other teams being purchasable.

SurgeonUFO

Star Player
Country Flag
I would not be opposed to a free2play approach providing two free teams like humans and orcs with the other teams being purchasable.

My only problem with that would be 90% of the games you would play would be versus humans or orcs.

Mordachai

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mordachai
Country Flag
All or nothing is my opinion on the matter. Full support of the rules, all the current LRB teams, better customisation, the works! If they want to do micro transactions let it be skins or extra customisation options, not something like team access!

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I dont know. All these wishes are just that... wishes.

As far as I know there is no indication Cyanide will "consult" the "community" in order to decide final game design features.

For all I know they are planning to pull BB2 out of their arses, same as last time. At least I hope they ve learned the Real Time lesson!

Pollution

Veteran
Country Flag
What I'd like to see in BB2 would be something nifty like a 1v1 league.

Each player picks 4 teams, and plays each of his teams vs. each of the other guy's teams. Set it up for either 1 or 2 games that you play each team. Then a Cup where the top 2 of yours faces off the top 2 of his, then the championship.

Just something I'd like to see. I'm doing it now, but the record keeping is a bitch, not to mention that we have to do it though Auld World, and that the schedule was a nightmare to do up.

I had to set up an excel sheet to say:

A1 vs B1
A1 vs B2
A1 vs B3
A1 vs B4
A2 vs B1
Etc....

Then manually drag and drop each face off to a schedule so that there weren't any games were A1 played B1 then A2 played B1 in the same week.

I would love it if I could automate all that and have Home/Away games better managed (I'm still not sure how that works, does the challenger always become the home team?)

I mentioned the idea on Reddit/r/bloodbowl and got a ton of PMs about how cool that would be to have.

Yes, the point is to have mid-big sized leagues out there available, but man a 1v1 would be great. Especially for us noobs.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
My only problem with that would be 90% of the games you would play would be versus humans or orcs.

Yea. Free to play teams should be halflings, goblins and maybe pro elves. ;)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
What I'd like to see in BB2 would be something nifty like a 1v1 league.

Each player picks 4 teams, and plays each of his teams vs. each of the other guy's teams. Set it up for either 1 or 2 games that you play each team. Then a Cup where the top 2 of yours faces off the top 2 of his, then the championship.

Just something I'd like to see. I'm doing it now, but the record keeping is a bitch, not to mention that we have to do it though Auld World, and that the schedule was a nightmare to do up.

I had to set up an excel sheet to say:

A1 vs B1
A1 vs B2
A1 vs B3
A1 vs B4
A2 vs B1
Etc....

Then manually drag and drop each face off to a schedule so that there weren't any games were A1 played B1 then A2 played B1 in the same week.

I would love it if I could automate all that and have Home/Away games better managed (I'm still not sure how that works, does the challenger always become the home team?)

I mentioned the idea on Reddit/r/bloodbowl and got a ton of PMs about how cool that would be to have.

Yes, the point is to have mid-big sized leagues out there available, but man a 1v1 would be great. Especially for us noobs.

Make a private league where you enter the 8 teams and then play all you want, you can then see in the calender section of the league, what games have been played and your teams will get ranked:powdodge:

DrHealex

Star Player
Cyanide Username
DrHealex
Country Flag
I went with humans and orcs since those are the two teams that come in the blood bowl board game, probably because they have access to numerous styles of play.
Obviously all the special customization options would be their cash cow. those systems always have an alternate method in which you can grind your way for in game currancy for different factions. You also gotta figure all those orc and human teams are probably people that wouldnt have normally bought/played the game in thefirst place

Ixnatifual

Rookie
Country Flag
If they go the F2P route I think they should instead start the player off with enough money to buy one team from a decent variety of teams. Perhaps the original Blood Bowl teams (Orcs, Skaven, Dark Elf, Human, Dwarf and High Elf) would be in the cheaper category so a new player could buy one of these.

In addition I think there should be a "tryout mode" where anyone can play a one-off match with any team and play against another player doing the same, without any record of the team being kept afterwards. That way a new player doesn't accidently spend all his hard-earned points on buying Halflings thinking they're amazing.

Players would be able to spend points (earned by playing) or real cash on buying
- New teams
- Extra customization options for players
- More team slots

I personally prefer buying a game and then having everything, but I can live with a system like the above if it means a bigger player base for the game.

Last edited:

DrHealex

Star Player
Cyanide Username
DrHealex
Country Flag
I like your ideas more than mine.

I find that is why F2P structures are so successful. You can drop a large amount of cash and buy all the relevant content(non superficial) at a retail game price, pick and choose where your cash goes, or simply grinding the content and in turn being a very active member of the community.

At the end if the day, this is a very niche game and needs all the help it can get at mantaining an active community.

Perhaps this F2P discussion warrents its own thread...