Crunched Cup for UEI:CC XI (Second Best Crunch Cup Playoff)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I am willing to throw some sacrificial lambs into the mix in the form of Nice Guys (tm) Chaos - CTA team, if you need to bump the numbers. Hopefully you don't get that far.

No, sorry, no coaches can be in CC Playoff and CrC at the same time. Too high risks for oddball shenanigans. (Like winning CC and CrC at the same time ;))

If you need an extra team let me know I have 3 or 4 that could play...

If you had played in this seasons CC you'd only get to play that team in CrC, but since you haven't, any team that has not previously played in CC (but would be CC-legal) is allowed in the CrC. Just throw one of them in, you'll be needed. :)

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
No, sorry, no coaches can be in CC Playoff and CrC at the same time. Too high risks for oddball shenanigans. (Like winning CC and CrC at the same time ;)

No need to worry about that I think, hopefully you get your 32. Cheers

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Status update for Crunched Cup for Crunch Cup:

Accepted teams in first draw:
Street : Propo Gobbos
20phoenix: Tottenham Gobspur MkIII
Fallowheart : Masters of the Pooniverse
Madjesty: Nur Leila ist Geila
Dionysian: Caerdydd Crunchers
Tfc Silence: Skavenblight 13's
Cerlin: Kanto Elitists
Raikaria: Scattering Skinks
bjj Hero(coachman): Pimpin aint easy
Mikko : Werehere
jbob5590 : J&B Mining
Mordachai: Elfbowlers Inc.
Kaos001: Anvil and Hammer
Limdood: Ragnarok-N-Roll

Missing teams of the first draw: (Get in there and apply - password crunched)
Gyasi: Where is the Spoon!
Usinh: Oakshields

Reserves that have applied (if sixteen here then a second draw will be added)
.marXman.(Tjorne): Targaryen
Altashheth: Orphans Tears
Rama Set: The Deathseers
Gremzilla: The Breastest Team Ever
dodger: All my Exes
Stobelius: Blast Beat Lock Up
Deluge: Anonymous Anorexics
akirilus: They Only Lived Twice
Kjelstad: Pro Snots
crimsonsun: Daemons of Corn!

Reserves that have not applied
willpower68: Yellow Army
Juriel: Engine of Elfhate
John McGuirck: (Some kind of inducements)

So we need three more volunteers (and five players who have applied or volunteered to actually sign up, or five other volunteers)

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Update: Still missing eight players to reach 32. Five who should have signed up in game, and three further volunteers. Not looking that good. :(

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
When is the deadline to try and get to 32 players?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The deadline for getting 32 people saying they are willing to play is pretty much today, tomorrow at the latest. Then signing up could possibly be delayed a couple of days longer.

Two of the missing reserves have signed up, still six missing, of which three need to be new names. (And then Willpower, Gyasi and Usinh)

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I will apply with an elf team. right away...

Think the name is Apocalyptic Survivors II. three matches in CTA.

/SorroW

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Brilliant!

Five missing, only two new names wanted, and the weekend isn't over yet.

(And if there's only one name missing I have a possible solution for that too, so just keep signing up.)

Also, given the late date - if I get more signups that available places (3+) then there are coaches who are late in signing up that can be shifted out of the way, so go go go!

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
wouldn't it make more sense to give byes for however many CC teams want to play than to include teams that weren't in the CC? - even if its like 17 teams?

After all, isn't the Cruched Cup supposed to be about "second best" for those teams that played in the CC but fell short of the playoffs?

I realize that a 2-0 win with double MVP and winnings is a little steep of a reward, but there might be workarounds to that in the Cyanide interface? maybe being able to advance someone to round 2 without playing at all (no win or loss or MVP or winnings, just a 1-game advancement towards the spoon...you could even slot in the teams that get the free pass by stunty first, then last place finishers second, just like first access to the Crunched cup itself)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
No byes. The Crunched Cup is about playing games that make players go Crunch. There's been CrC:s with almost half the teams being roped in from the sidelines (3/8) just to make the Cup bigger. In this case 16 is a good cup. The reason why I'm hunting for 32 is because it was halfway there from 24. If it doesn't work, then I'll just kick the remainder and say "Sorry 'bout that, gov'nor"

Even if giving Stunties a crap load of money could be amusing. :p

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Even if giving Stunties a crap load of money could be amusing. :p

I want lods of emone!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8]Harry Enfield: loadsamoney - YouTube[/ame]

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag

Accepted teams in first draw:
Street : Propo Gobbos
20phoenix: Tottenham Gobspur MkIII
Fallowheart : Masters of the Pooniverse
Madjesty: Nur Leila ist Geila
Dionysian: Caerdydd Crunchers
Tfc Silence: Skavenblight 13's
Cerlin: Kanto Elitists
Raikaria: Scattering Skinks
bjj Hero(coachman): Pimpin aint easy
Mikko : Werehere
jbob5590 : J&B Mining
Mordachai: Elfbowlers Inc.
Kaos001: Anvil and Hammer
Limdood: Ragnarok-N-Roll

Missing teams of the first draw: (Get in there and apply - password crunched)
Gyasi: Where is the Spoon!
Usinh: Oakshields

Reserves that have applied (if sixteen here then a second draw will be added)
.marXman.(Tjorne): Targaryen
Altashheth: Orphans Tears
Rama Set: The Deathseers
Gremzilla: The Breastest Team Ever
dodger: All my Exes
Stobelius: Blast Beat Lock Up
Deluge: Anonymous Anorexics
akirilus: They Only Lived Twice
Kjelstad: Pro Snots
crimsonsun: Daemons of Corn!
Juriel: Engine of Elfhate
John McGuirk: Let's Get Smashed
SorroW: Apocalyptic Survivors II

Reserves that have not applied
willpower68: Yellow Army

So currently needing two more volunteers (and three players who have applied or volunteered to actually sign up, or five other volunteers)

Make your mamas proud time - apply. :D

(The possible alternative to a leave is to accept teams who are not allowed to score leading goals. They are only allowed to foul, bash, surf and score equalizing goals. They are also not allowed to hurt the last player on the pitch. Playoff rules will then assure the "right" team goes on, with a suitable amount of "Crunch")

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag

(The possible alternative to a leave is to accept teams who are not allowed to score leading goals. They are only allowed to foul, bash, surf and score equalizing goals. They are also not allowed to hurt the last player on the pitch. Playoff rules will then assure the "right" team goes on, with a suitable amount of "Crunch")

Sounds to me like a loophole for Nice Guys (tm) (chaos-cta) to make an appearance that or Roccoco BullS hit (goblin-cta)

Eruletho

Veteran
Country Flag
I'm in with the Stone Cold Killers from group 9, if there is a spot for me to bash stuff up and attempt to score still :D

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag

I thought of that when i was constructing my previous post, but it feels so contrived and...well...fake.

As this is my first CC, i was unaware that the CrC had a tradition of pulling less developed or fresh teams in to fill out the ranks. From explanations, it felt like more of a "losers arena" where all the failed and beaten up (keywords being beaten up) teams from the CC slugged it out and tried to destroy each other's team so they wouldn't have the indignity of facing them again next season!

I'd rather see the fresh or less developed teams given a chance to try for something...

...besides, if the "no go-ahead" TDs rule were implemented, you can be sure Nuffle would make that team the Golden Spoon Champion via enemy TD pushes (valid team pushes invalid team's ballcarrier into appropriate endzone when score is tied....every game!), although at that point it'd feel like a properly earned win...

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The "Bash 'em 'til they bleed" admission is pretty contrived, yes. But I think it could work under the CrC rules.

Much prefer real teams applying though, like Eruletho. Or complete rookies applying as real teams just to be punched in the face. (Even if Etheric managed to take a "punch me in the face" team to be runners-up in a previous CrC)

Eruletho, just apply to the Crunched Cup for Crunch Cup with password crunched

Willpower, Gyasi, Usinh - just apply at all, or the Cup will probably collapse to 16 teams and all the discussions about fill-in murder-teams will be void. Due to overlap with the main Crunch Cup playoffs the application period for the CrC is extended to Monday.