Dwarf What Would Gimli Do?

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My experienced Dwarf team in OCC, Visionaries (who are having a shit season by the way), have just had their Rookie Troll Slayer level up.

He rolled 5 + 5

Just assume that everyone else on the team is very experienced with Guard, MB, Tackle etc

Also know that my other Slayer has: Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Guard, Tackle, Piling On, Jump Up

His Jump Up is the only Double roll in the whole team

What would you give the newbie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rama Set

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Rama Set
Country Flag
I like dodge. He can frenzy his way in to the middle of a scrum and then be hard to deal with once there. Then your other Slayer can be more surgical in his blitzes.

The other option might be DT, but that is not as useful I think.

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I like dodge. He can frenzy his way in to the middle of a scrum and then be hard to deal with once there. Then your other Slayer can be more surgical in his blitzes.

The other option might be DT, but that is not as useful I think.

I'll be damned if I put Dodge on one of my Dwarves. WE ARE NOT ELVES.

I think I'm 85% made up on what I'm taking, but I was curious to see what the community at large felt.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Going by the movies, Gimli would surely take Right Stuff?

Edit: I would probably take Jump Up and develop him as a replacement killer. Even before he gets Piling On, slow teams are going to get use out of the extra mobility, and because he falls into that shallow tranch of 'likely to get targeted, but not all that likely of being successfully removed from the pitch', he'll get more opportunity to use the skill than, say, a Witch Elf. Only thing I don't like is the 3+ for the free block, but you can roll with it.

Last edited:

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
sneaky git

but for reals, +ma, the doubles for jump up are more likely to occur again

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I think I might take diving tackle.

- I wouldn't take dodge given that you don't have it on any other players

- DT plus stand firm is pretty nice

- Side step is a bit crap without dodge

- Jump up is only 3+ with AG2

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
I would think it's got to be +MA or diving tackle. SS is fun/annoying, but stand firm is just about as good

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Interesting thoughts fellas

It's probably going to be +MA. Dwarves biggest weakness is speed so making them faster is incredibly useful. Also good synergy with Frenzy

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Interesting thoughts fellas

It's probably going to be +MA. Dwarves biggest weakness is speed so making them faster is incredibly useful. Also good synergy with Frenzy

i suppose sure feet could be useful too, but ma is still my vote

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Given what you are willing to pay in inducements and lost skills to keep a single point of +move on the team, I should probably not be surprised,,

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
i'd say JU

i would have said +MA, but you're an experienced dwarf coach, and utilizing placement and positioning to minimize the drawbacks of your team's lack of speed are probably second nature to you at this point.

assuming you routinely keep your other troll slayer covered after his blitz/PO to shield him from enemy killers and dirty players, it means the rookie troll slayer is a much higher candidate for getting targeted by hits, meaning his +3 movement after he gets floored will come up often. Being one of the key skills for a killer (replacement killer in your case) is a bonus here, but i really think the biggest benefit is keeping one of your more mobile players mobile, even on a knock down.

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Ah but you see, now he's perfect for a safety with Frenzy then Tackle as he can cover the backfield much better. Has Dauntless for +STR ballcarriers too