CCXII - speculation thread

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I recall in one of the earlier CC's we had Curt Cobain die on the 1st block of the game of the season. I think it was Barninho's Goblin team. And then the Courier named an award after him. Or am i getting a bit mixed up here...? Can't remember...

It was the Kurt Cobain Award for Most Fitting Death and it was named in honour of Kurt Cobain of Har Ganethornication, who died on a failed dodge (which was widely interpreted as suicide).

Funnily enough, he didn't actually win the award named after him that season, as Barninho's King Gorgus the Great was killed on the LOS on first block of the season, having predicted his own death in this exact manner in the William Kill Bookmakers season preview article of CCC #1.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
I always thought of a dodge as slipping or stumbling..though I don´t know what would be more fitting for it. Leaping maybe..

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It was the Kurt Cobain Award for Most Fitting Death and it was named in honour of Kurt Cobain of Har Ganethornication, who died on a failed dodge (which was widely interpreted as suicide).

Funnily enough, he didn't actually win the award named after him that season, as Barninho's King Gorgus the Great was killed on the LOS on first block of the season, having predicted his own death in this exact manner in the William Kill Bookmakers season preview article of CCC #1.
Ah, that explains why i was getting mixed up with Barn's Gobbo team. Yeah, that was a funny one that one. Especially with him predicting the death! And i think Kurt Cobain of Har Ganethornication may have died against my Gobbo team. I remember killing 3 of his players that game (including Dave Groll)!

Ah the memories... :)