Crunch Cup - Race Selection

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
One more thing about the CC. Fast fragile teams can do better in the CC because they only have to play somewhere in the region of 11-12 games to win the whole thing, which means there's loss opportunities for the team to get destroyed. Unlike in the OCC where these teams have to battle their way through multiple gruelling 9 match seasons, facing plenty of high tv bash along the way. Last season Netsmurf came in with 6 CTA game skaven and got all the way to the final, the burn fast and bright teams do better in that kind of environment. This makes them more viable and gives a lot of coaches who shun them in OCC-like environments encouragement to try them. Actually I think the CC could do with some more vicious bash so if you want to try that its not a bad place for it :).

Im so brilliant:p

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Well I am likely to roll in with a Goblin team again next CC if that has any impact.

Hopefully with all the experience I have had since my first run with them, maybe I will avoid losing one of my games this time.

I'll be back with the Gobspurs too my stunty brother

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
This is kind of off topic, but it's my thread.:p

The Flailers, I'm interested in this team. That's quite the body count for just one game. I can respect that. is there a team record somewhere. To what race do i owe the pleasure?

Ogres I believe. 4 kills IS impressive, I got 3 on two occasions but never 4.

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
The title of this thread is race selection so talking about my Ogre team that I'm currently thinking of bringing seems on topic to me. :p

If you add me to your friends list by name "phunbaba" in game you should be able to double click my name and see all my teams and such. Scroll through and double click on it.

Another thing you could do, now that I think of it, is check out my profile here check through my threads that I've started and check out the teams blog. Has not been updated in a while as I haven't played them in a while but it's there.

Also they lose a lot. Like that game where I flat out killed 4 players for instance. Think that was one of my better showing at 1-2. Ogres are fun but best at low tv I think. Don't think I won a game in CCXI

Jbecks

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jbecks
Country Flag
Dwarfs are boring to play against as every game against them plays out the same way. I hate coaching dwarfs because they are slow, mostly agi2 and str3 across the board.

I would rather coach norse/amazon any day of the week...load up with lots of linemen and foul foul foul! :D

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
Elves are boring to play against as every game against them plays out the same way. I hate coaching Elves because they are lightly armored, have no ST access, and are ST3 across the board.

I would rather coach norse/amazon any day of the week...load up with lots of linemen and foul foul foul! :D

:p

Also hate you too!

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Dwarfs are [interesting] to play against as [your mistakes will get punished. However, if you play well it's hard to lose to dwarfs]. I [love] coaching dwarfs because they are slow, mostly agi2 and str3 across the board [which means that against a good coach you need to be creative to get a win].

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Dwarfs are [drunk] to play against as [I jumped over the fjord on my way to a pimps house]. I [mostly hate] coaching dwarfs because they are slow, mostly agi2 and str3 across the board [because two souffles are worth more than dwarven armour]

I don't like these MadLibs

almost as much as I don't like dwarves

Altashheth

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Elves are boring to play against as every game against them plays out the same way. I hate coaching Elves because they are lightly armored, have no ST access, and are ST3 across the board.

:p

Also hate you too!

I've only just noticed your sig.... And I stand by that statement :)

Breidr

Star Player
Steam Username
Breidr
Cyanide Username
Breidr
Country Flag
Let the hate flow through you!

This thread is feeding my desire to play Dwarfs.

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
Let the hate flow through you!

This thread is feeding my desire to play Dwarfs.

t1c7767_mr-burns-excellent-mfgs0e.jpg

Need I say more?

Basilisk9466

Star Player
Country Flag
I actually like playing dwarves, as there's an odd feeling of playing chess with them. Everything you do has a predictable result, but your trash speed means that you need to be highly strategic with them to maximise results. As for playing against dwarves... well, I still hate Khemri more. Khemri are the only team I genuinely hate playing against.

Breidr

Star Player
Steam Username
Breidr
Cyanide Username
Breidr
Country Flag
I actually like playing dwarves, as there's an odd feeling of playing chess with them. Everything you do has a predictable result, but your trash speed means that you need to be highly strategic with them to maximise results. As for playing against dwarves... well, I still hate Khemri more. Khemri are the only team I genuinely hate playing against.

I have to play Khemri with my Norse in MD2 of the DemoBowl. Not looking forward to it, even if I do have the block advantage and his team lacks Sure Hands.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Did he start without Thro-Ras? In that case he's either a complete rookie, or he knows very well what he is doing ;)

hungrygnome

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
LRB 6 Khemri are better than facing LRB 5 khemri, even though I think it was a major nerfbat to the team. LRB 5 Khemri didnt have tomb guardians, they had 4 mummies instead...

Jbecks

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jbecks
Country Flag
Phunbabas dwarfs play differently to 99% of the other the teams though!

my best win percentage for a team is on Nurgle of all teams, the only issue I have with nurgle is that you have very limited options!

Breidr

Star Player
Steam Username
Breidr
Cyanide Username
Breidr
Country Flag
The more I look into it, the more Chaos Dwarfs are growing on me. I'm finding myself a bit more torn than I was initially. The added mobility plus the possibility of mutations is tempting. I do have to put up with a bit of AV 7, but damn...

They're both still Dwarf teams. Thematically I like the Dwarfs, but on paper I'm leaning towards Chaos Dwarfs.