Play of the day

mardaed

Star Player
Country Flag
Down 2-0 and completely surrounded, Street's HRE Lineman ran through a 2 by 2 defense with 3 3+ dodges and 1 2+ dodge and a GFI to score.

They turned the tables when on the subsequent drive, the Ballers suffered an errant throw, the HRE team was able to recover the ball and run it in for the score.

With two turns left, Skip's Ballers were able to score the game winning TD.

Final score Skip's Ballers 3 - The HRE 2 in a game the Ballers felt they were walking away with.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Quite happy with this one turner - it felt like a Skip Tasteless Challenge so I was pleased to be able to solve it in game. I was lucky though because I got two cracks at it. Magfa's anti-1ttd defense looks like this (or at least it used to).

In the first half I realised the skink on the right side was a weak point, since I have 2 sidesteppers, but didn't set up correctly to exploit it. At the end of the second half when magfa used the same formation again (though he was down 3 players) I set up like this

When the kick came in I was then able to swarm around the skink and while placing the sidesteppers next to each other and giving the ball to my MA 10 ss gutter before he was in any tackle zones like so:

(I've left some arrows out, you get the idea)

Then it was a simple matter of blitzing the sking from 12 o'clock with the SV, into the sidestepper who was completely surrounded by players and could therefore choose to step onto the 2nd side stepper

& voila no dodges, no hand-offs in TZs, just 1 pickup, 1 handoff, 1 3d blitz needing anything but any kind of skull and 2 GFIs, 79.1% with a rr, I believe that's the best answer Skip.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
not entirely necessary, but could you turn grid on the next time you post one of these TS?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
True that would have worked too, or using any other rat so that his MA 10 could have been put to use elsewhere, not sure why his ss seemed important when I was setting up. ANyway worth bearing in mind if you needed to do it with less players, as it was moving that linerat was totally risk free.

Last edited:

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
lastly, the handoff (that i assume that) you made with the bottommost gutter.

IF you had been able to make that handoff from the side, and had 1 more rat to move (you had 9 on the screen, so there might have been 2 more lurking somewhere? CAS box maybe? :D) you could have set up ANOTHER push to eliminate a GFI, since the 2d block (probably 3d at that point) is safer than a GFI.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Ohh very nice TS and next time you will have to submit stuff like this to the Blahville Gazette or have a chat with our main solicitor. Big Bubba Bash is our representant in such matters of copyright infringement. Remember that our most esteemed editor Gunnar Longtounge hold all rights now, how is this you ask? Best not to know if you know what I mean?

S. Crutiny, famed ogre handler and consultant, also writer of How to survive near Goblins of power, without appearing like a threat.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
lastly, the handoff (that i assume that) you made with the bottommost gutter.

IF you had been able to make that handoff from the side, and had 1 more rat to move (you had 9 on the screen, so there might have been 2 more lurking somewhere? CAS box maybe? :D) you could have set up ANOTHER push to eliminate a GFI, since the 2d block (probably 3d at that point) is safer than a GFI.

Good point Lim!, the handoff was made with the bottommost gutter though, and right at the end of his range but that would have been very cool

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Okay, just a kind of funny moment from MD7 that isn't technically a 'POD' but really more of an excuse to record something and upload my first video to YouTube.:) I need to adjust the mic, I mumble a whole lot and my voice is goofier than usual because I've got a sinus infection but damnit I'm just excited to FINALLY record and put up a video. Looks better at 720p. Kinda nervous...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjfaykjStk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjfaykjStk[/ame]