Skill allocation advice II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
If things are going well, no reason to mess with them.

For me, I really like having a bull centaur as a dedicated blitzer, and since you're aiming to develop the current one into a ball carrier, he won't be available to blitz on offense. But that can wait, especially if you're already giving up inducements.

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
High Elf Blitzer with +1 Agility. Any reason not to go Strip Ball/Tackle/Leap?

hungrygnome

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
AGI 5 + Dodge means you can perform riskier actions alot safer. Such as cage crashing with a blitz. 4+ with built in RR to hit the ball carrier is much safer than just a 4+ with team RR. Also mean you can fail a dodge roll, have the dodge RR save you, then still use a team RR later if a bad streak of luck happens. Reliability is key with elves, because so often you HAVE to make those dodges.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
He is so valuable, dodge keeps him alive and makes thos champagne plays much more likely.

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I guess, if I actually bother to calculate the odds, that a dodge into three tackle zones (such as a typical cage would have) with the dodge skill, is a 4+ with reroll, so it works 75%? That's almost as good as a 2+ Leap without reroll, except it has defensive uses as well. Alright, I'm sold.

Boffa

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
The only real decision is if he rolls a double whether to build as dodge leap guard or dodge leap tackle mb. ;)

Last edited:

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
Assassin Tartarus rolls 6+4... he has Block.

I'm very tempted by the movement, but Dodge is the go-to round out normal.

am I over thinking this?

I have 5 games left this season, and they are almost all against very flashy sides. 2x woodies, 1 skaven, 1 chaos, 1 goblin. (granted the goblin aren't flashy), but 2 woodies and a skaven is speed city.

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
based on the poor amount of tackle I have, maybe I should consider that instead? next opponent is wood elves with 10 dodge players.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Most of those teams you'll want to stab so tackle is maybe not as useful, MA probably won't help you that much either against that lineup, I'd go dodge.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Against an av 7 blodge player stab is nearly as good as tackle at taking them down.
I would take the move.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
The extra Ma makes an assassin worth having in my book. It makes Shadowing much more viable and also makes it easier to score with him.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would take the strength.
Claw is good but it is not better than ST 4.
You need someone who can stand toe to toe with chaos warriors and Bobs and while a bull can do that he is far more as a mobile blitzer.

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
Chaos Dwarf Blocker moving to Level 2, roll a double six. Should I go for Guard or +1 Strength or a mutation?

For most doubles, I'd go for claw. For double six, take the +ST :)

What skill does the level 2 hobgoblin have? I'd keep a smashed ankle dirty player probably, but if I had the funds, would drop most others.

Status
Not open for further replies.