Other games I play

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Will do:D Over at gog.com they have a weekend sale of good old games and THIS ONE is one that I would like to recommend. I even think that it is possible to play it by email - though Im not sure on that one:powdodge:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Oh my it is possible to preorder the new Thief on Steam and get an extra mission to the game. I loved the first two and really look forward to this one:D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Will do:D Over at gog.com they have a weekend sale of good old games and THIS ONE is one that I would like to recommend. I even think that it is possible to play it by email - though Im not sure on that one:powdodge:

I bought and played Space Empires V a couple of years ago, and didn't keep playing very long.

What did I do wrong, or in which ways is SEIV better?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I bought and played Space Empires V a couple of years ago, and didn't keep playing very long.

What did I do wrong, or in which ways is SEIV better?

They tried to do to many new things in SEV, and it was poorly designed. The combat was a nightmare. Avoid SEV at all costs:powdodge:

SEIV just works so much better, but it is flawed with poor graphics (not important for me in a game like this - I still play assendancy) and the AI is not so good, mainly the deplomacy is rubbish. How ever there were many mods to fix the AI, should still be able to find some.

This is a nice review of the game, posted in 2012 - so 12 years after the game was published.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Hmm, Space Hulk on hard is not so hard - only diff is that you can have a max of 4 Command Points instead of 6 and you only have 2 mins to do a turn. Not so hard so I dont bother replaying it:powdodge:

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Feedback re. Space Hulk pc game over at OCC was quite critical of the game, which put me off buying it. But some of the feedback i've heard here and on other forums makes it sound not so bad. Maybe i will get it, as the other GW pc game i was hanging out for (Armageddon) has been pushed back until later this year.

Any recommendation on where the best place is to pick up Space Hulk? Usually i just buy on steam, but green man gaming and humble bundle sometimes have stuff really cheap.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
SEIV just works so much better, but it is flawed with poor graphics (not important for me in a game like this - I still play assendancy) and the AI is not so good, mainly the deplomacy is rubbish. How ever there were many mods to fix the AI, should still be able to find some.

OMG - I thought I was the only person in the world who still had that game, or even knew what it was :p I still boot it up every once in a blue moon - the AI on it is, what's the word, atrocious, but the game itself was actually quite fun. I often wonder why they didn't re-make it - the 3d star system combat, and the fact that you had things that could affect THE STAR was really cool. Of course, the general lack of planetary bombardment and horrendous design choices by the AI somewhat dampened the effect :) .

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Feedback re. Space Hulk pc game over at OCC was quite critical of the game, which put me off buying it. But some of the feedback i've heard here and on other forums makes it sound not so bad. Maybe i will get it, as the other GW pc game i was hanging out for (Armageddon) has been pushed back until later this year.

Any recommendation on where the best place is to pick up Space Hulk? Usually i just buy on steam, but green man gaming and humble bundle sometimes have stuff really cheap.

I got Space Hulk as a birthday present from a friend, and after sitting on it, decided to run through the campaign. Here's what I will say - it is almost exactly like the tabletop version, which I have played a couple of times.

Positives: The missions are pretty well designed, do require some thought, and the UI is adequate. The graphics are also adequate, and seeing gene stealers pulverized by the assault cannon is actually quite fun :) .

Negatives: A couple missions rely on you not being "Nuffled". A string of especially bad luck (like 3 jams in a row at a crucial chokepoint) can basically ruin your mission and make you start from scratch. That's normal in a dice game, just want to emphasize it so you are ready :) .
A bigger issue, for me, is no replay value. Once you beat the campaign... you've beaten the campaign. That's it. No real point to go through it again - it's exactly the same thing.

Verdict: I got ~6-7 hours of enjoyable gameplay out of Space Hulk. then i put it down and never touched it again.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Just saw this Green man gaming were a real nightmare for me with bb original as they take a month or so to update the games when new patches come out...

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, current Blood Bowl they sell steam codes, so much safer this time around.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I picked up Dominions 4 a month ago, it is a very fun little game although hard to get into. I also found a PDF manual which was around 500 pages long if I remember correctly.(And it still didn't explain what I wanted to find out.)

Sorry about the necro, but I love dominions 4, one of my favorite games ever. In fact, outside of logging into guild wars 2 to get my daily login reward, dom4 and blood bowl are about the only games I play anymore.