Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
LW, read the comments. Then lecture me

"Lecture" implies an assumption of authority, which I for one reject equally for everyone in this regard. There is no need to read the filth that was described, because no one here has defended it. I'm only interested in the comments in this thread, and I don't think Via's perspective on "positive discrimination" warranted immediate condemnation or a threat to leave entirely.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Viajero, I'm not sure what to make of your response just now. I take it as combative, if it was meant to be so... well, that's not cool. If I misunderstood your tone, that'd be super, but after having discussed this with my wife over the past couple days as this has transpired, I'll let you know flat out, I am not ashamed by my actions. There are a few here that have crossed a line.

If you choose to continue with your acceptance of sexual discrimination and the defense of it, I'm out. This is obviously not the community for me.

Apologies if if that came across too combative, not my intention I swear. Was just trying to make it more clear, failing miserably apparently! :eek:

I was trying to point out that what you may think as an end of the world gender discriminatory insult to a woman is not, for some of us, much worst to an equally abusing insult of any kind (gender related or not) to a "male" Freki. Sometimes "overprotection" of perceived minorities (positive discrimination) can produce the opposite effect of being in detriment of other groups, chief among which is the overcompensation in one direction when it comes to "equal rights". This is specially sensitive when it comes to decissions based on meritocracy. I.e. the usual debate about why should we force a woman ratio here or there when that man yonder there happens to be objectively better prepared to do the job? etc etc.

In other words, would you have come out equally strongly in defense of a male Freki if similarly abusing insults (gender related or not) had been issued? If the answer is yes then kudos to you and I ll bow out! ;)

Im probably not making much sense either :eek:, but those who have followed some of the legal battles in the US (also in Europe) about positive discrimination will probably have some more insight on what I am referring to.

In any event, it d be great to have a copy of those gender related abusive comments as I cant find them any more. I personally cant remember anything specially discriminatory (abusive yes, discriminatory I am not sure) but maybe I read them after censoship? Were they really deleted as pointed out above?

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Just drop it. I don't want to see any abusive posts here, not even with the implied excuse that "someone else wrote it, I'm just copying it over because Viajero wanted to see it".

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Interestingly, today is when Cyanide's own new Community Manager posts to the BB forums for the first time.

Freki technically being Focus staff I believe.

Either way, confusing messaging. :D

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Saw that yes, and also posted welcoming him. Also suggested some homework for him as he has stated he wants to "share our requests" or some such. We ll see :D .

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I have to agree with landwalker and Viajero's comments. I really think Ken is taking it the wrong way.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Saw that yes, and also posted welcoming him. Also suggested some homework for him as he has stated he wants to "share our requests" or some such. We ll see :D .

I have posted a wishlist for him:

All Star players
All special cards
No forced journeymen
no double mvp and double winnings in DC´s
A league tool that can handle uneven number of teams
And fix the bugs instead of letting them be.

Sadly there was no picture I could comment on in my apparantly normal abusive and sexist way:p

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I have posted a wishlist for him:

All Star players
All special cards
No forced journeymen
no double mvp and double winnings in DC´s
A league tool that can handle uneven number of teams

The ones I agree upon as being important are:

All Star players

The other ones I can take or leave. (Especially the cards can wait until some looney expansion ;))

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
The all star players becomes great if they also manage to implement the journeyman rule correct. There are some cheap but usefull stars:powdodge:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Indeed, but it's not always you'll be "dropping" a journeyman to get a star player. I could see them adding the JM as an inducement option (defaulted to pick the maximum amount), but I would miss it less than I would miss the full roster of stars.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Just saw this at C Lagarrigue´s Tweeter thing, posted a couple weeks ago though:

BfzcLYKIYAAFKkh.jpg:large

Last edited:

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Lol, beggars cant be choosers!

Cyanide is clearly being incorrect politically to male Trolls though!

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I assumed it was an Orc, not a Troll.

And you are right to ask Viajero to stop with the jokes. Or next thing you know, he will create a video of Hitler ranting about how hopeless you are. But surely you wouldn't sink to that level, would you Viajero...?

Damn, i cant find the link anymore :(

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I assumed it was an Orc, not a Troll.

And you are right to ask Viajero to stop with the jokes. Or next thing you know, he will create a video of Hitler ranting about how hopeless you are. But surely you wouldn't sink to that level, would you Viajero...?

Damn, i cant find the link anymore :(

By popular demand...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxGUXcp3fww&list=PLEejfQ83153k768vuCbeEHDACKIYmwv05[/ame]

Last edited:

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3816

Oh wow. They are looking for intern testers!

Or rather "a" tester...

They need that person to be based in Nanterre which is just outside Paris and the salary would be 436 euro / month, for 3-6 months.

Not sure if they have other testers already or not out there, but it would be nice if it got to be someone who we trust doing it :p .

Asking for someone just in Nanterre to do it seems a bit restrictive in this day and age but hey.

Last edited:

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Well for 400 euros a month they are not going to get someone moving that is for sure!

Stuff like this can be a way into the games industry as well, so I guess that is why they are paying so little.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It' s an internship position, typically aimed for young students and the like. Something very common, and even required, in most college institutions in France. But yeah not too impressive either way.