Which race would you most like to try?

Which race would you most like to try?

• Total voters

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Which race that you haven't played before would you most like to try?

Wanderer

Rookie
Undead. It's one of the few races I've never tried, even briefly, but from what I've heard they're one of the more balanced teams, actually. I was disappointed that they weren't included in Cyanides game, but I've heard they will probably be one of the first teams added.

BoBliness

Veteran
I've had a shot at least once with all of the above bar slann, so I guess slann?
I have no real desire to try them though to tell the truth lol I already find leap a frustrating enough skill!!

Agamon

Rookie
Like BoB, I've tried most, so I'd have to say Underworld. I thought they'd suck narly as much as the Gobo team, but a guy playing the team in our league has shown me the error in my thinking (the sucky team of the three new ones is Chaos Pact. Played them for 35 games and the more I played, the more they made me want to cry).

There are a few unofficial teams I'd like to try, too. Bretonnian, Tilean, Daemon, Kizlev, Gnome.

Last edited:

Hasdrubal

Veteran
Any of the 3 rosters added by LRB6, probably Chaos Pact of Underworld. I am more convinced by the short to mid-term potential of the Underworld roster, so I'll probably go for this one even if I expect my league to be quite bashy :(

Ancre

Veteran
Lizardmen.

I am a fairly new player so I haven't tried them yet :) they seem interesting, being a fast team with very different players. And I like lizardmen miniatures, warseer have very nice conversion from the warhammer temple guards and skinks boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm good enough to have fun with them - I'll just see my saurus marked and unable to dodge, and my poor little skinks beaten to death, which lead to a frustrating game. But I will try one day !

altf4

Rookie
Country Flag
Underworld too, for the Creepers' sake !

The Chaos Pact is appealing too. I'm not quite fan of Big Guys (having 3 is far too many for me), but the versatility of Marauders (GMPS as normal SPP rolls) allows unusual long-term skill combinations.

Khail

Rookie
Country Flag
Undead or Necro - haven't tried either. Undead there's always been another player that wanted to play them in my Leagues, and Necro is new to me after a few years out of the game.

There's a fair number of Necro teams in Thunderbowl, but no Undead teams currently. I may try Undead after a few seasons with my Dark Elves.

voyagersuk

Veteran
I have played most races over the years. I would like to play Slaan, but as I have no local league that I can make it to, I will just have to wait for Cyanide to whack them into the game.

Patchwork

Rookie
I went for Dark Elf because I'm going to try them out when Cyanide releases them but I'm happy with the two teams I'm playing in a persistant ladder at the moment. I'm sure I'll get an itch to start another team sooner or later though, espicaly consider nearly all of the rosters looks fun to me.

Last edited:

Fnord

Rookie
I'm going to try Slann. Both in an online Botocs league and in TT. I've recently found some cool Slann figs that I really liked, and I bought the team without hesitation.

Something tells me that they are better than they seem at first glance...

Agamon

Rookie
Something tells me that they are better than they seem at first glance...

Yep. Build them right and they're pretty unstopable. KOR and Catch on 2 catchers, and there are few spots on the feild that the ball can land without a chance to catch it, which helps for the speedy TDs. Dodge, PB and NOS on the other two completely shuts down the other team's passing game (or give you lots of interceptions). Stand Firm on the blitzers makes them very annoying.

A very good offensive and defensive team, easily the best of the new 3 teams.

Thumper

Rookie
The Cyanide game has given me the opportunity to try teams I'd never shell out for in real life. As a "classic" Undead man who moved to Chaos back when GW split the Undead up into separate teams, I've always been all about the pounding and considered things like picking up the ball to be risky and frankly not very fun.

I've got two new teams on the go, and the luck I've had with each rather confirms that karma wants me to play a certain way. My Goblins are doing swimmingly; one secret weapon per drive, two trolls, and a cute little cage of ST2 guys. I love the combination of Dodge and Stunty (except when I forget that Dwarfs get Tackle) and in general my luck has been such that I've gotten away with wins I'd never have thought possible with a team of cannon fodder.

My other new team are wood elves. The passing game, and things like not putting everyone on the line of scrimmage, are alien to me. The dice seem to think so as well. It took me five attempts to complete my first ever Leap (although I can see the point of the skill now; were my Wardancers not tragically unlucky they'd be amazing) and on one attempt at a last-turn equaliser against an Orc side my catcher successfully got the ball, got out of the tackle zone he was in, passed his first GFI... and then flat-out died on the second GFI, presumably tripping on the boundary line and snapping his neck in the fall. Quite how one is supposed to do this kind of thing without re-rolls coming out of one's eyes is beyond me.

- Chris

Snap Wilson

Star Player
I'm trying it now with my new Norse team. I'd also like to give Chaos Pact and Slann a whirl to see how they play, just haven't gotten the opportunity. I played Chaos Dwarf briefly, but not nearly long enough. Would love to give them a lengthier try.

The only teams I've tried and really disliked were Vampire (LRB5 version, a giant pain in the ass) and Khemri, where there were a couple times I couldn't pick up the ball on a near-empty pitch to score. Incredibly frustrating.

Marlow

Veteran
I have just started a Nurgle team to try them out. I have wanted to have a go with some more Mutations. My Chaos team has done rather well but it is quite regimented with lots of Block and Guard so having players start with FA/DP seems like a nice change.

I also have a lot of the old 2nd named Chaos Players (Bilerot, Hammerslash, ect) so plan on painting them up as my Nurgle team. I am going to use spare Human/Orc Linemen as my Rotters.

Poa

Rookie
I've recently returned to playing BB, and love it! I've always played Dwarf, Human, and Lizardmen teams (and tried my luck with Chaos, Skaven, and High Elf a few times too), but for some reason I've always felt a little love for the Goblins as well. Now, I know I'd probably not win many games, but they just seem so darn fun, and the minis are cool.

sunnyside

Veteran
I went with Pact, because I'm becoming disenchanted with Norse as the TRs get higher.

My Norse players are actually Mauraders, and so I'm only a couple big guys away from having a ready to go pact team.

They also seem intriguing for having access to all those mutations and having so much potential for guard (which, I think, might make the big guys viable as they could be throwing mostly 3D blocks. )

What held me back was that, having been left out of the competition rules, I don't know if there is a future in that team. And I wouldn't want to be the first person to introduce a "made up" team to a local game store.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
The three new teams are included on the NAF site and are BBRC approved so I wouldn't worry about them not having a future. As far as I'm aware every table top NAF tournament allows them now apart from the Blood Bowl itself.

Gio

Veteran
Country Flag
I usually go for the underdogs when I want to try something new, but somehow I've been avoiding Halflings for ever. It might be time I summon the Chef and give them a try. Two treemen may cause the opposition some trouble in the middle of the pitch, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the team will get smashed. Hold on Frodo, you are not alone in this quest, I'll give you my everything!!!:D