Modelling Sculpting new teams

atomico

Rookie
Country Flag
Hello I'm a sculptor and I'm currently launching a Dwarf "Fantasy Football" Team. This is the first of many teams that I have planned to sculpt in the near future. As everyone knows to do a project like this takes dedication, hard work and support of the gaming community. Plans are to expand more models beyond the core team, such support staff, veteran star players, and up the rabid fans cheering the team on. With the support of the bb community, I'll be able to better serve needs of the community. Please let me know which race you wish to see sculpted next. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/dwarf-fantasy-football-team-miniatures

Last edited:

atomico

Rookie
Country Flag
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/dwarf-fantasy-football-team-miniatures

cba4585f369c926166aa4f0414be317b_large.jpg

aa169e1b6ac4f1ca0842df8300a6b442_large.JPG

04f002e2e28e28fe17b9248456f2051a_large.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Good Luck, though you've picked the single race that probably has the most alternative options out there on the market already!

You may also want to consider an option for a full team of 16 players. I know when I buy teams if I can't fill out a 16 player team sheet I'm not interested. Games Workshop have a lot to answer for just putting 12 players in their box sets so you'd have to get a booster!

atomico

Rookie
Country Flag
Thank for the great info.

Thanks for the great suggestion. I'll open up more options. I'm also finishing sculpts for a few more players with a battle hardened look, and a few stars.

Exavia

Veteran
Country Flag
While im not one to criticize someone hard work...dwarf teams do have a lot of love from a great deal of miniature companies. Female Dwarfs would be something different.

Other teams like Slann (gaspez make nice ones), Lizardmen, Necro (most flesh golems and wolfs are terrible), Khemri, Vampire (models are mostly boring), Undead, Underworld dont get a lot of love...or the models suck. I custom made my Underworld Team from a variety of suppliers and am happy with the results, but all the parts came from about 8 different sources and took a lot of hours to make right.

Additionally...some leagues still allow the old Experimental teams like Albion, Border Princes, Bretonnian, Forest Folk, Valkyrie (female norse team) Slaanesh Cultist Team (dark elf + slave). Etc etc.
I remember Blighted Treeman for Dark Elves were always cool.

Exavia

Veteran
Country Flag
The other thing you should be looking at is Special Players, Random Event accessories and models - like "Da Freight Train". Some of these models can be very hard to source, old models (are old, boring) some of the special characters are no longer around (...poor Zug) and some just dont exist. Put people buy them in droves when they can find them.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Classic. Which production method are we looking at here? It seems not that expensive.

atomico

Rookie
Country Flag
Thanks for the great suggestions.

I'm really excited about going through and sculpting every possible team and race. Also would love to sculpt my take on more obscure elements of the game. These figures are cast in pewter. I'll do resins in the future, but I haven't really found a resin that I like for casting miniatures that small.

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
You need to add a deathroller there. There are already lots of dwarven teams on the market, but in fact many of them lack this player. This could become of of the strong points of your team.

If the models are not finalized yet, I'd also prefer them to have more detailed beards. On some of the models it's already ok (in your last attached image white and brown beards in the left), but some look too flat (red and yellow in the right).

Also having extra stuff, like the second bloodwiser babe, coach. medic, turn counter and markers might help.

atomico

Rookie
Country Flag
Dwarf Roller

Thank you for the great suggestions. I'm sculpting the roller at the moment along with some star players. I'll also be working on some extras. My painting skills are modest at best, so the red and blonde haired models came out somewhat flat.