Halfling The Blazin´ Munchies

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Ah, we´ll see what nuffle offers. I´ve had a pretty good run on skills with him, he therefore gives me a few games every season where I question his kindness for a while..so yeah, let´s see what the dice might hold for the team.

Although your suggestion of SH and KOR does sound great...

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
As the Emperors Cup will finally come to a close next week, S25 is also really close.

My goals? 1. Getting promoted.
2. Getting someone to reliably pick up the ball, sh fling for example.
3. Getting a DP fling too.
4. Getting a ball extractor.

Notice something?

3 of those require a double on a fling, the last one needs 2 to be really effective. That means I'll have to either hope for enough doubles to get my TV up to more than I'm comfortable with, OR having to prioritise.

You'll hear more when the season starts.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Okay, we´ve got the divisions. I´ve been relegated, as I thought, although if only 1 more team had been rerolled in the upper divisions I wouldn´t. Shame. The problem will be the damn inducements. Probably won´t get any, I´ll end up giving up babes most of the season.

Here´s the teams:
The Blazin´ Munchies (Halflings, Blassc_end) [relegation]
Badzags Bad Lads (Goblin, matts373)
Painful Itch (Undead, mphase)
Frozen Arundel (Norse, nobby)

What does this mean? Well, first off, it means I won´t have that many problems with winning. It sounds like a asshole thing to say, but that´s just it. The goblins will be easy pickings once I get them reduced enough and a block fling, tackle block tree and a lot of experience against them does that. The undead...well, they won´t be fast enough to outscore me too much if Gerald stays reliable as always.

Norse will be harder, but I think I´ll manage. Plus I get to pay back Nobby for ruining last seasons end for me and getting me relegated only to reroll. Ugh.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
The game against the norse with 3 skills, 3 loners for next game and enough for a chef if I kick the staff will be around 3 pm gmt tomorrow.

I feel kinda cheating having a block, tackle tree in that game, seems...unfair.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
And obviously, Nuffle leveled the playing field by being a utter dick to me.
ImageMatchReport.aspx

Lost 2-1, in the end.
The game was weird from the start, Nobby had 3 ff less but won all the stuff connected with it..basically deciding the game, by itself.
Both halves at the start, not only did the chef take only 1 rr, but Nobby ALSO got that reroll back immediately, BOTH. TIMES.

First half went okay, with me KO´ing 4 guys and him getting a sent off lino trying to foul Travis (didn´t work, he´s a tough bit of wood). Lost 2 flings to bh, not too much. THEN shit happened and went weirder...his T8, he scored.

Not a prob, I thought. I have a agi 5 fling, 3 more ff, what could happen?

A pitch invasion that he wins. Great. Although it could´ve worked easily as always....if not the one guy I really needed to make the TTM reliable would have been stunned. I tried it with another fling, but it didn´t work, he got 3 spaces distance from the throw.

So, second half. What happened? Well, I couldn´t hurt shit, stalled the throw out a bit, scored on t16.

Aaaand then a riot happened, giving nobbs just enough time to score with me having lacked resources to stop him.

Ugh...

It just feels...disgusting. Flings are all about being kinda shite, but the team is up to the point where the main core is SO reliable that they can win or at least draws pretty damn easy.

If nuffle doesn´t fuck em.

Also, Nobbs said towards the end he thought he should have won less close. And while yes, both armor rolls were pretty bad, I got in more hits, more fouls and all. AV7 isn´t that much higher than Av6 to justify that thinking. Plus, with our dice being all weird, you´d think if only he wouldn´t have been this dramatically favoured by the KO-events and the damn KO rolls, I could´ve actually done this.

But well, there´s always next game..I guess.

A very saddened Blassc, signing out.

Last edited:

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Bad luck Blasscend, those last turn riots turning a hard fought draw into a lost are a real kick in the stomach, especially for flings. :(

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Rewatched the game now, for good measure. And looking at it, the dice were bad for both of us, but Nobby got the better of them just enough.

Also, the hilarious thing. The events. They were worse than I thought. If not for the pitch invasion and the riot, it would´ve been a surefire draw at least, if not a 2-1 win.

Well, what can you do?

Play the next game, of course! Next up are the undead, not much to say, except with my tv loss I can get the chef again. Yay. We´re still scheduling it, hoping to get something better out of this, I really NEED the promotion.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
And just so I can oversaturate the thread yet again, MD 2 is actually gonna be on tonight, at 8 PM GMT, so if you can, go watch me trying to get revenge.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
ImageMatchReport.aspx

This was actually too close for comfort, and ultimately was decided by a stratigically placed kick by me, a lot of luck and me seeing that one play to save the game.

Well, the beginning was...slow. Decided to recieve, and the chef took both his rerolls, but that didn´t do much except 1 pair of dub skulls not being rerolled.
He pressured enough, accompanied by weird dice, that I had to throw in t7, while I kinda wanted to leave him no 2 turn option. Well, gerald could´ve scored, if he hadn´t landed on a ghoul-and killed him! :D

So, first half, no score, a few bh flings, 1 ko´d, and a bh and the dead ghoul, accompanied by one of his mummies for him.

Second half kicks off and I get no rerolls, but a Blitz! Which I promptly used to try and pressure by blitzing with gerald, putting him further up (and bh´ing some zomb while he was at it, sadly he regenned). It kinda was dominated by mphase from that on, as I was slowly running out of bodies to cover up the fact most flings are bad. So he scored.

And then crazyiness ensued. The kick landed faaaar back, and without the ball in geralds hands from the start, I tried to risk a throw in-didn´t work. Luckily, the scattered pass landed only 1 square away from Charlie Cheese Chocolate, who then actually MADE the pass to Gerald the next turn. From then on, pressure on my lowly cage, which again forced me to throw early, running in with Gerald this time.
I place the kick a bit more back than what´s safe to try and stop his attempt, and well, it worked, the ball being in the endzone :D He failed to pick up as he had to reroll a block earlier the turn, so I though "huh, why not block that wight with gerald?" In hindsight, he should´ve been up by travis. But as that guy was rooted, and the loose ball was there, with my opponent only having agi 3 and no rerolls..I realized just early enough to take that chance that I had it. Random fling next to Travis.

Mphase blocks on his t16, tries a vanity pass...

That scattered just close enough to make it viable. My T16, I throw the fling, he lands 1 square after the ball, so I had to make 2 gfi´s after picking it up..and I did.

My opponent sure was slightly insulted by this, but he realized that I had thought of there being a chance seconds before I threw the fling, and I quote:
Is that why you put that fling there?

Well, that´s MD2 being taken care of.

MD3 will be the norse again, and I´m not particularly hyped, but I think I´ll pull through, as this time I can actually afford a 13th, maybe a 14th body alongside the chef. And I can pay back nobby.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Have you watched the replay?

Should have mentioned, this seasons replays are in Royalists Season Clubs&Quads 25, I don't think you need a pw to see it. At least I hope so, else I'll find a way.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Just thought I´d update the team roster picture and give some of my thoughts about where the team is at the moment:

ImageRoster.aspx

If you look on the spp count, you can notice 3 things: first of, fucking Trevor´s been on 15 spp for a season now. Sheesh. But hey, he keeps tossing Gerald for a living and I can´t argue with that. Secondly, you see that Travis is actually not that far from another skill. He´s getting expensive. I´ll keep him though, you just can´t argue against keeping a 2 double and +mv tree. And thirdly: Gerald is also not that far from one. He needs only 1 td per game this season and 1 mvp. And I think we all know he´s getting more than that. Travis needs 4 cas and a mvp or something like that.

And another thing: Charlie Cheese Chocolate, that low spp fling there? He´s been around 10 games. Hard to imagine he hasn´t got any skills.

To close this analysis, there´s 2 more things: First, look at how many flings are close to a skill! I might actually get another good one! And for good measure, some bragging:

Most of the all time fling records in the RMBBL, Royalists or not, are going to be replaced by this team at the end of the season. Period.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
ImageMatchReport.aspx

Week 3 FINALLY happened! And well, I spoiled a bit with that picture, but I´ll let you in on a secret: I don´t want to spoil the game for those who haven´t watched it with a report.

Problem is, I don´t know if it´s generally accessable, so I´d need someone to check that out.

League name on BBM is: RMBBL Royalists Season XXV Clubs.

If it´s not accessable, I´ll either post a report or search for a way to upload the replay.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
League name on BBM is: RMBBL Royalists Season XXV Clubs.

If it´s not accessable, I´ll either post a report or search for a way to upload the replay.

I thought all BBM leagues were accessible?

This one was at least, but a pain to find in the long list. :p

So to simplify it for people who know how zip compression works, here's the file in question. Everyone else gets to go to BBM. :cool:

Attachments

• The Blazin´ Munchies_VS_Painful itch 5-24-2014 10-01-07 PM.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 200

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
I thank you nik, borke looked into it and it worked.

Funnily, you kinda made the same mistake and got MD2 instead :D I'll try to get the right file even though I've no idea where replays are saved, but I REALLY appreciate the effort.

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
So I finally got around to do this. This here zip file contains the replay of the MD3 game, for all of you wondering, yes, I was too lazy to even rename the file accordingly^^

Attachments

• Replay_2014-06-22_20-14-33.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 186

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Having watched that I'd say the MD 2 (the one I uploaded) was funnier. :p

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
Having watched that I'd say the MD 2 (the one I uploaded) was funnier. :p

Funnier? Yes.

But this one was WAY more tense, at least from my and Nobbys perspectives.

Imagine me going "Oh shit why didn´t I wait with the throw?" when he knocks down Gerald and the rest of the turns was me either abusing my mouse by repeatedly slamming it on the desk, pulling my hair, laughing maniacally or screaming nonsense.

Should´ve filmed my reactions, basically. :D

Blasscend

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Blassc_end
Country Flag
So, let´s take a look at the standings for now. I lead with 6 pts, sharing that place with mphase atm. 3rd is nobby with 4, last is matts with 1. So, that means, for the last 3 match days: I need to win the next 2 MD´s and I´m safe. 2 draws and a win? Less safe. 3 wins? Now we´re talking domination...

But seeing as the Necro are MD4, and I´ve beaten them before, now with more inducements available (I think) and then the last 2 MD´s are the goblins twice, I think I might be able to win it.

I at least hope so.