The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Rotters come with pre-failed regen.

But keep him until you get cash or 13 players. And give him Dirty Player and get full use of him despite reduced AV.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Pest with +str +mv tackle block and surehands smashed her ankle. Heavily inclined to fire.

Depends on the rest of the team. Is this in the OCC? I wouldn't fire it personally, as that's still a Str 5 blitz with Tackle that can be put to good use. It's also a tough target for elves to get the ball off.

Sure it's 30k of bloat, but a rookie pest is weak at high tv and can take a long time to skill up. Maybe try to groom a replacement ball carrier in the meantime...

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It's certainly a very annoying injury, but I think Danton is right - it's still a Str 4, MA 6 Pest with skills. Beyond the 30K of bloat, it still seems much better than a rookie pestigor you would get out of the box. Not to mention it would take two seasons (? - maybe longer) to get a new pest to level 5. I would keep, personally. If it was STR- to cancel the STR+, or AGI- to mess up Sure Hands, I'd fire in an instant.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Yeah while highly frustrating I agree with the comments above, while the 30k bloat is annoying at the end of the day the strength of a str4 ball carrier is one of the places its worth putting up with, as when combined with your Guard support getting the ball lose with a leaping wrackle elf or such player becomes 3die you choose very swiftly which is not something I would try..

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
Okay, so season's over and I'm sitting around looking at the Lemmingz as they prepare to go into BC6. I have a whole bunch of niggles on the team, 110K to spend, and I have zero idea of my first opponent next season so I don't know what might happen in terms of potential injuries.

Team Set-up:
1x Troll
2x Linerat
2x Thrower
2x Blitzer
5x Goblin
3 RR
Apoth

Leveled players without injuries:
1) Thrower; Lvl 2; Block; 10 SPP
2) Warp Troll; Lvl 2; Claw; 11 SPP

Following players have injuries:
1) Linerat; Lvl 2; Wrestle; 10 SPP; Niggle
2) Blitzer; Lvl 2; MB; 14 SPP; Niggle
3) Thrower; Lvl 2; +AG; 7 SPP; Niggle
4) Goblin; Lvl 2; Wrestle; 6 SPP; Niggle

I'm personally inclined to ignore my Goblin as, you know, he's a Goblin and Wrestle is doubles, so it's unlikely that I'll be getting a replacement for him anytime soon. I'm not 100% about the others, though in a similar vein I don't feel that my Thrower needs replacing.

My Blitzer & Linerat are both MNG for my first game of BC6, so I don't know whether it would be worth replacing one of them now and one after the game, provided I can afford to, or to just leave it and hope that the Niggles don't come into play too often. Obviously eventually I'll need to replace them, but I'm stumped on whether that should be now or later.

Thanks for the advice in advance, guys.

~Val

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Personally I'd probably replace the Blitzer now, let the Linerat die on the pitch unless you get a sudden cash influx and can replace him too before too long.

The Thrower and Goblin I'd say should be fine unless you don't protect them well. Agi4 is priceless on Underworld rats.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'd replace the cheap linerat today, then the others once a fair amount of spare cash is available. (Blitzer first, thrower possibly never / when he gets more injuries.)

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'd probably end up firing and replacing blitzer before the next game (thrower stays at least until another injury cos AG is gold, goblin and linerat stay for a while to die in battle and the problems will likely take care of themselves quickly). Keeping the blitzer is problematic because you're down a blitzer for a game and when he comes back he's going to steal blitzes with his MB for what is close to dead development. I'd just trust in the troll for now.

I strongly recommend taking fewer niggles however.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
Thanks for the advice guys - I'll be retiring my Blitzer before the first game of the next season as suggested. I think I'll need to write some sort of actually decent fluff to coincide with that, due to his unofficial history on the team. Maybe some Toadbrew can help him regenerate? I dunno...

As for my Linerat, he'll be retired by the opposition, with the obvious exception of me being able to afford to replace him without needing to worry about the cost of doing so. The Thrower meanwhile is gonna be developed into a passing threat, in order to make better use of his +AG and to protect him a bit better.

And yeah Dio - I'll try to avoid taking fewer niggles. :D

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Ok So I have a host of Injuries that I have kept around that I normally would not so I thought I would get a second opinion.
Skeletons 9 & 2 both now have Av6, but I've kept them due to having useful skills.
Guardian no6 carries a Niggle this would be an auto fire normally but I've lost 2 Guardians (Star and Superstar) so doubt I can afford another one
Both my Throw Ra's have now picked up niggles, again with their armour that would be a firing offence, but one has the teams only ever strength increase and the other has Blodge which should enhance his survivability...
The only injuries I can live with happily are the Ag decreases....

Also its worth bearing in mind that at the start of the season the teams only injuries Ag decreased Blitzer and the Armour Decreased Skeleton number 9 (I also had two block guard skeletons).

UK%20Chemical%20addicition%20MD6%20S18.aspx

mrt1212

Star Player
Country Flag
Rough Guide I use for all firing:

Cut all -AV and -ST

Cut AG if they are a ball carrier type or they don't have a skill or stat counter balance to losing AG4. I'd keep an AG3 ST4 elven blitzer. I wouldnt keep an AG3 elven Catcher

Cut MA if they >MA 8 and < MA 6

Cut if they haven't rolled doubles or stat by Star if they only have G access.

timdog

Veteran
Country Flag
I dunno about the -AV. In the OFL, one returning legend character took a -AV in the first game of his return (he was an epic taur) and then played another 34 games until it finally caught up with him :)
It sucks, but it's not autofire in my book.

mrt1212

Star Player
Country Flag
I dunno about the -AV. In the OFL, one returning legend character took a -AV in the first game of his return (he was an epic taur) and then played another 34 games until it finally caught up with him :)
It sucks, but it's not autofire in my book.

Maybe for players that have survivability skills in them like Blodge, Fend, +ST, Piling On (It's true, you know it, I know it, it's safer on the ground and you can judiciously use it), and serve an integral part of the team. But Stars and lower that don't fit that mold are just accidents waiting to happen.

That said, in a league with a set amount of games where the TV variance doesn't stick close to you, you might not want to sacrifice a block, tackle, mighty blow AV7 Lineman if he's all your tackle. But in a perpetual league like FOL, or Blackbox and Ranked on Fumbbl - trying to prevent the inevitable is a fools errand and most coaches worth their salt will get that player off the pitch stat.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Over in the RPS Divisions of Death my Necro are one match away from a glorious triumph in the champs. They're starting to look pretty beaten up but there's still a good core there:
ImageRoster.aspx
Our opponents, who we "just" have to not lose to, are a typically nasty Chaos side:
ImageRoster.aspx
My question is should I fire the niggled wrestle ghoul? Both ghouls have niggles now, and while I normally only field the sure hands ghoul on offence I don't fancy having to try and protect both (or alternatively not protecting them and ending up two players down). I figure I can either keep him and hope, fire him and replace him with a rookie (who is unlikely to be much help) or fire him, lose a couple of staff and pick up a zombie and a babe for the match. Any suggestions? I'm open to questioning the other ghoul and the Ag2 wight as well, though both seem a lot more useful than rookies despite their injuries.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Getting rid of the ghoul and replacing with a zombie means you only have 4 non AG2 players.
I think that reduces your mobility too much so would either keep him or replace him with a rookie ghoul.

If hit by the killer

Rookie ghoul knocked down 75% of the time , armour broken 62% if PO every time
Wrestle ghoul knocked down 55% of the time , armour broken 45% if PO every time

The injuries are more likely to be worse for the wrestle ghoul but that is balanced out by the increased survivability given by wrestle.

I think I would keep him for this match as wrestle makes him more useful on your turn.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, I'd probably keep the ghoul and not bother protecting him too much. If he dies then he's done his job admirably! :)

My own Necro team in the CC has a tonne of players close to levelling up. One of them did in md 1, a wight with Tackle who got a cas and went to 16 spp. Later on he got hit by a 1 die blitz, which went :skull: rr :pow: and then 6+6 for armour, followed by 6+6 for injury, followed by a fractured skull and 1 for regen! He then stole the mvp and also rolled a double for his skill.... :rolleyes:

So, on a 1300 tv team starved for skills, would you keep a level 3 wight with Av 7, or just cut and re-buy? I guess I could give him Dodge with the double, which would increase his survivability a bit, although really I'm inclined to fire him and start over with a rookie. Thoughts?

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
I'm happy enough leaving him hanging out to dry, but its all the times he'll get KO'd and badly hurt before he finally pops his clogs that bother me.

As for your wight Danton, I'd cut him even though it hurts. Necro wights are all about support, they often end up standing next to nasty stuff due to guard so they need to be tough. If he dies then fair enough, but as with the niggled ghoul it's all the extra times that AV7 see him stunned or KO'd that will really hurt, and at AV7 he'll probably et hit more than usual too. You can see on my roster I even took +AV on a rookie wight rather than guard (though I'm not pretending this was a brilliant move or anything, just an illustration of my commitment to wights not getting squished :D ).

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If that wight had gone guard first, then a blodge guard AV 7 could have lasted the cup, but I'm less convinced about a blodge tackle guy, unless you're mostly using wolves to carry balls (and skill up) or really need the tackle.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
My Underworld (claw troll, probably ST4 linerat, that's all) are playing halflings next and would like to win at last.

One storm vermin (0SPP) is out for the game with a smashed hand. Is it silly to consider replacing him? Otherwise I'll only have one block player to get the halflings down, and he will be a big fouling target...

I have 11 other players and 130k in the bank. Assuming I take the +ST pending on the linerat I have TV980 with the storm vermin out.

He has 1010TV and 16 players (inc. 50k of coach and cheerleaders he could drop).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.