Cyanide Hail Mary Pass not working

Flipmode

Veteran
Country Flag
Eh up.

First thread, feel free to shout at me if this is in the wrong place or if this has been covered, but I searched and got nowt.

Has anybody had troubles with HMP on the computer game? In three online games now I have only been allowed to throw a HMP if I move into throwing range. It comes up with the green arrow and ball cursor with '2+' when I hover over a more distant receiver but doesn't let me throw the pass.

Click, click, nowt. Sigh.

This is rather disappointing. Was never going to be my main tactic, but could've had Leader instead and shaved a bit off my TV.

HMP is activated. I made it optional after an incident of forgetting to turn it off whilst trying to throw a normal pass, but turned it back on in game.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
So you click on the pass button (make sure you do this as I can see that being the problem), click on a space, and it doesn't throw?

I can't say I've had any experience with it (I'd never take it on anyone except maybe a goblin bomber and I don't play goblins) but I hope someone with more experience with the skill can comment.

Last edited:

biLLy

Veteran
Country Flag
Havent really tested this skill in BB:LE, but in the older version I had HMP in my elf thrower and after failing some easy passes I always ignored that skill when I was prompted...

I think that is a very usefull skill for the fanatic bombardier (because hopefully the bomb will land near the cacther, which is nice), or even it could work with a catcher with diving catch, but in rest of situations, I wouldnt mind on getting this skill.

Still, I think it is not bugged, it is just it has very situational uses.

Cheers.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
No experience with the skill myself, but if I remember rightly you have to hold down shift to throw to an empty space in the Cyanide games. So give that a try?

Edit: Oh, that isn't what you were asking. Basic reading comprehension: surprisingly useful.

Last edited:

Flipmode

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks for your help. Shall try the pass button (was just asking for it by right click previously), pressing shift and have a play with the enable/disable ask/don't ask settings.

More likely to be me being confused, but the most logical thing didn't work!

Ted

Rookie
Country Flag
Alt button

Press the Alt button, this will switch between normal pass and HMP for some reason.

Steele

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Steele
Country Flag
Holding down the Alt button also gives you the opportunity to pass to an empty square with a normal pass (usually a desperate play when outnumbered and few turns left, to prevent teams with lousy ball handling and speed from scoring). Can also be used to throw to an opponent, though I have a hard time seeing the tactical value of that!
Passing with the mouse will only work if you actually click on a receiving friendly player.

Mephiston

Star Player
Country Flag
Clicking on the pass icon, the one with the yellow up arrow works as well for Hail Mary Pass... or atleast I am sure it does. Never had, or had to use, HMP in the game.

I tend to use that icon all the time when I pass, partly because it allowes me to throw a pass to a guy in a square next to the thrower (instead of doing a handover which would normally happend if you did not press the pass icon).