The Snotballz' Revenge Foundation

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
On that subject - lets look at what's left of the Snotballz after their Tier 1 adventure.

First up, the casualty list. There were plenty of gumby goblins who've been and gone, but the important losses are below:

Untouchaball (Ag4) - Dead
Deflectababall (Wrestle/JU) - Dead
Forgetababall (Dirty Player/SG) - Niggled (again :rolleyes:)

Not a pretty picture at all. :( But all is not lost.....

k2fxpdO.png

Introducing the Snotballz' latest Ag4 champion - Inediball. I had originally levelled him up in the vague hope of getting some Diving Tackle, but Nuffle conspired to deny me. :D

The only other development is Bumble the Troll getting to Level 4 and picking up Guard, which comes in handy sometimes.

The net result of all that is that Snotballz retain most of their capability, while dropping the TV back down to an efficient 1400 with 14 players. Now all I need is a HMP bomber!

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
What a lovely Goblin squad that is! Go Snotballz! :D

How has your experience with the Pogoer been? Have you had him many games?

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

I think I picked him up in the 3rd-last game or so. Certainly well after Untouchaball had been killed. I had plenty of TV to spend at that stage so I thought why the hell not.

As you can see, he's accumulated a grand total of zero SPPs since then, and hasn't had a particularly significant impact. I think I use him mostly as just another screening goblin with slightly more movement. And I may have used his Leap on one occasion to try and get away from a Diving Tackler or something.

I'm relatively happy to keep him around for the time being. He'll pick up some SPPs eventually and either get something good or get fired. ;)

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
First up opponents are some Lizards. All 2330TV of them.

I'd give you a roster shot but they've got some weirdo character in their name and I can't be assed to work out how to reproduce it. So lets just say that they've got some very well-developed Saurus and Krox, a number of Skinks with DT and/or SS, and TWO +Ma +Ag Skinks.

It's going to be a tough match-up, particularly given I'm missing my fouler which will really limit my options. I do have up to 990TV to spend, giving me some options back, but as always it's never enough. ;)

With so much to spend, I was tossing up taking Scrappa to perform the fouling role, but I can't quite see a way to make it work effectively: Ripper + Bribes + Wizard is 570. Add another 150 for Scrappa and another 70 for a 16th player totals 790, which still leaves 200 left over, but nothing worthwhile to spend it on. :(

I'm also not sure that a 3-Troll frontline is going to be sufficient against this lot. Scrappa might be able to foul a few out and even up the numbers, but equally he could get smashed on the second turn and leave me outgunned for the rest of the game.

So realistically I don't think I've got any option but to go for Ripper + Morg. That only leaves a decision of which I want out of a Wizard, Bribes or a 16th player (pick 2).

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Personally I would take wizard and bribes for best chance of winning, if you won't be DP fouling anyway then the extra player is unlikely to help much.

Either dice will favour you or they won't, I don't think one extra goblin will help in the numbers game as much as keeping weapons on the pitch more / saving a fouling attempt ejection.

Mind you I have never beaten a lizard team with any race, let alone Goblins so I am not really sure what would be best, but I know the looney will be a great skink hunter if they are left open for it.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Agreeing that bribes and wizard is better than what a loner gob would bring.

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
Ha, well. I just realised that I can get all three if I take another rostered goblin. :D

Wizard (150) + 2 Bribes (100) + gumby goblin (40) = 290!

3 Bribes would probably be better, but I could only make that work by firing the pogo. And that just seems unfair to the poor little guy. :p

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You'd not be firing him. You'd just be removing his 30k stilt. :p

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
Game is set for Thursday 19:00GMT. So about 9 hours time if you're counting....

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'll miss the first half hour but should be able to watch after that. :)

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I should be able to watch the whole thing as long as I remember it is on.

Looking forward to it, best of luck!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I could, even if I got further delayed and came in an hour and a half after it started, but got to chat with Barm et al. and observe weapons and trolls letting the Snotballs down when it really counted.

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
Yes, it was a disappointing result in the end.

I had good chances to score in both halves, but was denied in the 1st by a double-GFI-blitz-past-my-DT-goblin, that saw the ball end up in the hands of the Looney. In hindsight I could/should have used the Wizard at that point to remove the offending Saurus, but at 6am in the morning my brain wasn't working fast enough.

The 2nd half showed me how much I need a viable fouling option. The Snotballz were controlling the pitch with relative ease, even with one of the goblins sitting forgotten in the backfield for most of the half (I blame 6am again :eek:). But while I was knocking players down regularly, I couldn't get them off the pitch. So when Ripper lucked out on a :bothdown::bothdown: early in the 5th turn, he had the resources on-hand to take full advantage and steal the ball.

The final score was 2-0, which I don't think was a fair representation of the game. Aside from the scoreline, it was a good first outing.

Certainly not the worst start to the season I've ever had. :D

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
It was either Scrappa or a Wizard. I chose Wizard.

Actually, that's not true - taking Scrappa meant I wouldn't have been able to take Morg and Ripper (cause you can only have 2 stars).

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I wouldn't have thought Scrappa was worth it anyway.
You don't want him carrying the ball as you have an AG4 gobbo to do that.
That means you are paying 150K for a dirty player that is a bit faster than normal.

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Never been a fan of Scrappa Sorehead's skill set for I have two Sneaky Git Goblins already for maiming fallen opponents and Artemis Biletooth is a Dodge, Sidestep, Block Goblin who is quickly becoming my main ball carrier instead of the Pogoer.

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
I wouldn't have thought Scrappa was worth it anyway.

Generally, he's not. As you say 150k for a Dirty Player is pretty damn expensive.

But sometimes... if it's a choice between having a Dirty Player or no Dirty Player... sometimes it's something I'll consider.

Dalryk

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Dalryk
Cyanide Username
Dalryk
Country Flag
The Snotballz have not been showering themselves in glory this season, but they managed to pull off a victory in the last game for the year against Chaos to give them some respectability at 1-1-4.

Nuffle must have been pleased with the victory as well - the pogo levelled up with a TD and the MVP, and then rolled 6+6!

So now I have to decide whether to take the +St, or go for Sure Hands with the double. He's already got Sure Feet, so getting him to St3 would mean he costs 140k....