Dreamy's Deads [OCC]

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
Frenzy might be good for surfing and it gives you Juggernaut as a nice follow up skill. Yes, Frenzy + Tackle tend to be labeled as overkill but IMHO you need those 2 extra block dice more often than people want to admit.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
I like dauntless on necro wolves and wights, I think the same argument would apply for undead. Stand firm and grab are always nice too, but dauntless potentially frees one of your own players to be doing something else that turn.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Pro is an interesting option for a 2 RR team build.

Frenzy isn't for the wights IMO - they get caught up in scrums and risk frenzy traps. I did get frenzy on a wrackle ghoul, but he kind of died soon after. :rolleyes:

Dauntless - I don't like it because it's more dicerolling, as opposed to juggernaut - but on the other hand I do have Nurgle, Khemri and double Orcs to go, and maybe I do need to take some risks to reach top three. :eek:

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
The odds of a 2 dice block turning over (with block) are 1/36. The odds of a dauntless block (2 dice on a 2+ roll, otherwise 1 dice) turning over are 11/216. That's 2.8% compared to 5.1%, not counting team re-rolls - I figure that out of 100 blocks against ST4 having a free player is going to help me more over 95 times than turning over is going to hurt me over the 2 additional times it'll happen.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, I agonized a lot about it and even considered PO a while, but dauntless it is.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Might as well wake this thread up again, now that the team has played 22 seasons.

But even so, I'll post here mostly to look at the future. After season 33, the team will have played 23 seasons - and be on shared third place as "team that has spent most time in the top tier". (And solitary first place of "team that has spent most time in the top tier without winning it all". :()

Anyway, still a nice list of people for those who know their OCC history:
Bear Hunters - Telorast - 8 seasons
Decayed Renegade's - smoked_g60 - 8 seasons
Saviours of Athel Loren - Enarion - 7 seasons
The Neomarxism - GUSYA! - 7 seasons
Repeated Offenders - Dreamy - 7 seasons (at the end of season 33)

(At least I think Bear Hunters won it as well, it's all so far in the past)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Season 33 coming up, Championship tier looking like this:

• chaos.png
    BallztotheWalla - The Love Goat - Chaos -
  • chaosdwarf.png
    magfa - Cuddlebears United - Chaos Dwarf -
  • chaosdwarf.png
    JJape - Entropy Stomp - Chaos Dwarf -
  • necro.png
    DakaMan - DakaMancers V.III - Necromantic -
  • necro.png
    Razon - Mordheim Biters - Necromantic -
  • orc.png
    PaloLV - Gutspillers - Orc -
  • skaven.png
    Javelin - Rat Taqueria - Skaven -
  • skaven.png
    Bobsol - Not Cat People - Skaven -
  • undead.png
    Dreamy - Repeated Offenders - Undead -
  • welf.png
    Chora-Cra - Swan Song - Wood Elf -
I have no idea about what to think about this. :rolleyes:

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I think I'm going to have a wizard a lot this season :bothdown:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Indeed, if you stick to 12 players you'll even get a wizard against me.

Speaking of 12.. when I went in to BB1 there were 18 coaches online, no more. It's getting down to Dungeonbowl figures.. :eek:

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Indeed, if you stick to 12 players you'll even get a wizard against me.

Speaking of 12.. when I went in to BB1 there were 18 coaches online, no more. It's getting down to Dungeonbowl figures.. :eek:

Ya, I don't even try to play MM games there anymore. You'll find like a few coaches that have a team in Auld and rarely any in FOL. I bought the Cyanide dungeonbowl game but I've never played it :-(

There's no way I'll go into a match with 12 players. But I'll induce linerats when it makes sense, I don't want to just buy them yet.

I just took a look at your ghouls, wow! I'm not sure I've ever had that many good ghouls at once even in matchmaking, let alone in the OCC! My big problem in tier 2 with Undead is I couldn't keep the ghouls alive, and I think you need good ghouls to win. Nice job playing well and keeping them alive!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I just took a look at your ghouls, wow! I'm not sure I've ever had that many good ghouls at once even in matchmaking, let alone in the OCC! My big problem in tier 2 with Undead is I couldn't keep the ghouls alive, and I think you need good ghouls to win. Nice job playing well and keeping them alive!

Yea, might be that my ghoul losses were what sent me down to two seasons in T3 before coming back up (two divisions ahead of the shrinking league, so at least I had to work myself up instead of those who promote to T3 today just because it's the lowest there is :p)

Anyway, might as well mention the team of today so people of the future (and those who don't want to log into the game) can see what you were talking about.

2 Mummies with guard - Juanita Ampato and Xin Zhui

2 Wights, one with Tackle, Guard and Mighty Blow (Charlie Horse, and the rookie Freddie the Bun)

7 Zombies (due to having had a MNG player last game and not intending to sack anyone before next opponent is visible)
Mush with Wrestle, Richie the Boot with Guard, Dutch and Frankie Bomp with some SPP and Joe Bananas, Fat Dom and Bobbie Darrow as complete expendables.

4 Ghouls
Hurray - Block, Agility, Sure Hands, Side Step
Daisy - Block, Sure Hands, Movement, Side Step, Fend
Lupu - Wrestle, Tackle, Movement, Mighty Blow, Grab
Charlie - Wrestle, Tackle, Guard, Strip Ball, Armor

2 RR, 1840 TV, 790 K bank (bought a wizard for cash for MD9 last season, as well as sacking zombie ex-legend Shanez X'teria for having wrestle and fend when I needed an extra zombie and also keep the TV low enough that the wizard wouldn't give my opponent an apo or bribe)

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Nice team! When I retired the Undead Quiet from tier 2 I had one ghoul with block and three rookie ghouls. Then a superstar mummy and a superstar wight (with +MA and -MA). And a few zombies with block. That team was not the right mix of skills at the moment!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Yeah, once a ghoul dies it's time to skill up a replacement asap. Luckily they are fast and not very busy (as opposed to rookie wights) so they usually skill up in three or four (or five) games when you focus on that. Getting the second equally important skill (tackle or sure hands) is more of a chore.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I don't think I protect rookie ghouls enough. Since they don't have SPP I'm probably a bit too reckless with them. But when they are all rookies if you don't expose one you end up with four hiding behind the rest of your team and that's not an effective way to score!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
All undead players are meat for the grinder, except the ballcarrier. But putting ghouls first in harms way is twice as dangerous since they don't have regen. But if you have three rookies, two of them are completely expendable, but the third one is your scorer-to-be (or even ballcarrier, with another rookie as handoff receiver for when things are going south)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
First match of the season is against magfa. And I won't get a wizard to help me this time. Possibly one to harm me though.

His TV is 1400 for 11 players, one bull, three chorves and four rostered hobgoblins and three loner hobgoblins. Depending upon whether I sack my spare zombie, he gets 400 or 440 TV inducements. (Unless he playes around with it)
He can also sack a 0 SPP blocker and a 0 SPP hobo to get fewer loners (and a TV of 1430) Then he might also add three hobos more to get a natural bench of two players, and 1510 TV, meaning 290 or 330 inducements. I'll have to think long and hard to whether I should sack that zombie or not..

Bright side is, he's only got one clawtard instead of his usual three, and only one surehander (since it's the AG3 bull that's napping)