Tactics Skill allocation advice III

Status
Not open for further replies.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Horns for me. A mobile ST4 blitz is gold on skaven and does mean he is capable of 75% blitzes into a standard cage

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Dark Elf Blitzer hits Superstar:

block, dodge, side step, tackle, +agi.

Super star roll is 5+5. What do I take here? I was considering diving tackle or leap on a normal, but now I'm leaning towards the Movement. I'm loathe to take Guard as I don't want this guy in contact more than he has to be.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
+ MA sounds good. Not too far off Ruin who was the Apocas' best ever player (Ma 9, Ag5, Dodge, Guard & Leap).

Guard would not be bad though, as Ag 5 and Guard are always useful together. MB could also be good considering he already has Tackle.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
Underworld Thrower rolled Singles.

Current skills: Block; Extra Arms

I'm not sure what to take, since my other Thrower is an AG5 Block Thrower, so I don't tend to "need" a second dedicated thrower. I've considered Two Heads or Nerves of Steel to be the "best" options I could think of, but any help is welcome.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I wouldn't go for NoS.

Claw , Two Heads or Tackle depending on what your team needs most.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If you want to shift the ball with him, accurate turns his quick passes from 3+ to 2+, and means he gets reasonably reliable in the long passing game too (4+, but 2+ to not fumble)

(But that is if you expect your main thrower to be able to die or MNG at any moment, else go for two heads and a running play)

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Tys pretty much nailed the viable options, I think. Personally, I love Two Heads on everyone but the Blitzers and Troll, it just opens up the pitch so much, but I can definitely see the other two being good as well.

I've got a difficult decision myself: Wight on my BC Necro team got to level 3 and rolled doubles. He's got Guard so far, and before I knew what the roll was, I was determined to take MB on a single, I need it that badly. My team only has one MB at present, on my other Wight, and while he's awesome (Guard/MB/Tackle/+ST), he's also an accident waiting to happen (-MA/-AV). On the other hand, there are good doubles choices for Wights, namely Jump Up and Dodge, maybe Side Step. I'm leaning towards ignoring the double, though. Is that stupid?

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Tys pretty much nailed the viable options, I think. Personally, I love Two Heads on everyone but the Blitzers and Troll, it just opens up the pitch so much, but I can definitely see the other two being good as well.

I've got a difficult decision myself: Wight on my BC Necro team got to level 3 and rolled doubles. He's got Guard so far, and before I knew what the roll was, I was determined to take MB on a single, I need it that badly. My team only has one MB at present, on my other Wight, and while he's awesome (Guard/MB/Tackle/+ST), he's also an accident waiting to happen (-MA/-AV). On the other hand, there are good doubles choices for Wights, namely Jump Up and Dodge, maybe Side Step. I'm leaning towards ignoring the double, though. Is that stupid?

I think I would take dodge on a necro wight there. You need him to take a punch occasionally and there isn't much else you can take on a normal to help him do that. Also dodge gets better the more of it you have on the team, so moving from 4 to 5 is really nice.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
Since my main thrower is MNG'd currently, I'll consider Accurate. Vamps aren't the most difficult to work around though, so I'll probably take Tackle or Two Heads. Claw would be useful but I have 3 ClawMB already so it's not vital, while Tackle is at 0 and 2Heads is always useful. Thanks guys~ :D

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Yeah, tackle or two heads for sure. With zero tackle I'd be inclined to go that way depending on the rest of your division and how close anyone else is to leveling who can take it.

Blodge Wight for sure. Wight with Blodge/Guard and then Stand Firm is awesome.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Ok, so, Elthanion, my leader thrower Blodger got his fourth skill.
Normal roll.
Was thinking Accurate or Safe throw, but probably accurate.
Any other possibility for my only thrower?

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
I'd say Sure Hands is something you might consider, both for stealing and for carrying the ball (against Strip Ball). If you ever get another Thrower, this current one looks like the defensive kind, with Block and Dodge, so stealing a dropped ball remains a thing.

phototropia

Star Player
Cyanide Username
phototropia
Country Flag
Would probably go with accurate

sidestep, fend or even tackle being the other options i'd consider

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I like to build a defensive thrower and an offensive thrower. The defensive thrower wants blodge, leader, tackle and kick.

kopmcginty

Star Player
Country Flag
i'm wondering what to do with my BC High Elf thrower. Already Ag5 and now level 3 and rolling normal. While Accurate is an obvious one, i'm also considering dodge and sure hands.

Thinking +ag, accurate, sure hands, dodge as the build maybe followed by NoS if he gets that far as he would be a good weapon to retrieve the ball from tight spaces? Even if I do settle on that I'm not sure what order to go.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
People often NoS to retrieve the ball and throw from a tight spot, my feeling is that if you do manage to dodge in a pick up a ball in multiple tzs its usually not too hard to dodge out again, thus clearing the tzs off for the throw and not opening up your agi 5 to a revenge block and stamp.

The rest of that is good, though I'd probably want dodge before sh for the protection and maybe before accurate too.

phototropia

Star Player
Cyanide Username
phototropia
Country Flag
NoS is a waste on a thrower

It's decent on catchers but even then there's better choices

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
i'm wondering what to do with my BC High Elf thrower. Already Ag5 and now level 3 and rolling normal. While Accurate is an obvious one, i'm also considering dodge and sure hands.

Thinking +ag, accurate, sure hands, dodge as the build maybe followed by NoS if he gets that far as he would be a good weapon to retrieve the ball from tight spaces? Even if I do settle on that I'm not sure what order to go.

High Elf Throwers already have Pass and Safe Throw. Agi 5 essentially makes him accurate, so it depends on how confident you are about keeping him out of trouble. I would either go Dodge or Sure Hands here. With SH he can pick up, even in the rain, on a 2+ with RR. So you never have to waste a RR on a pickup, and you can be THAT GUY who runs his thrower into 2 TZs, picks up on 3+ with free RR, then dodges back out.

Benefits of Dodge are pretty self-explanatory, especially in a division that's not very Tackle-heavy.

Up to you, though, grats on the statz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.