Cyanide BBTactics in OCC Season 26

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I had a fun game against Aki in division 1. The Pro's came out ahead thanks to some great dice 1st half.
4 snake eyes and a failed pick up 2nd half nearly handed Aki the draw but his dice also let him down at a couple of key moments.

I moved your post to the correct season thread.

Which places it right ahead of aki's post mentioning that he apparently didn't have very much fun. :p

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Unsurprising really as the 1st half was completely 1 sided.

That foul on the catcher to free up space might also turn out to be a problem for him. That was my best shot at beating Gusya next week and is now MNG.
I am not too unhappy about it though as I have no chance of finishing top 2 and a superstar wrestle catcher would have been the prime target for his jugs killer.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Unsurprising really as the 1st half was completely 1 sided.

That foul on the catcher to free up space might also turn out to be a problem for him. That was my best shot at beating Gusya next week and is now MNG.
I am not too unhappy about it though as I have no chance of finishing top 2 and a superstar wrestle catcher would have been the prime target for his jugs killer.

I can't count on anyone beating Gusya for me - I just have to try winning my games and see how everything else plays out. I fouled the catcher to free up movement room - would have been perfectly happy not to foul him if he didn't leap after the ball every turn :) . I didn't have any desire to hurt your team, I was playing for a result. Won't lie - I am disappointed that I couldn't get a draw out of it.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
First win of a miserable season for Dazed and Contused came against svrbb's ogres No Goblins Allowed - 1-0 because I lost track of time and forgot to run the second in at the end of the game, and the most spectacularly bloody game I've ever played. Contused suffered 4 deaths in 5 injury rolls with one saved by the apo, while No Goblins Allowed took 9 casualties including 2 deaths (one saved by the apo again - good match for the sawbones at least).

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah, I thought the game was looking good for ogres at the start, but then you just started depitching all of the actual ogres.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
The wizard turned it. It wasn't too bad before then, but having the ball bounce into my hands while simultaneously badly hurting that strength 6 monster was everything you could hope for. Didn't hurt that those two ogres failed their KO at half time either.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Went into MD7 with 2 vamps MNG (Joe and Rene) and playing Smoked's Nurgle which ended in a frustrating 1-0 loss. Broke the nurgle drive first half with a lightning bolt and a punt upfield by Sir Loin. Started second with only three vamps as Jerry took a nap and then a shitstorm of crappy dice followed. Rolled a load of red dice and a few 1's to put me straight under pressure and the team rapidly got tied down. Had a couple of chances to relieve the pressure with a long bomb but failed both. The second cost me a -ST on Sir Loin despite the apo changing it to BH. I know I clicked the bottom option but the game had been laggy and when Sir Loin got the MVP at the end of the game I discovered the -ST had stuck. Not a happy man. Rest of the half was me lying down while Smoked pests largely failed to pass.

BBM is a sorry story. 27% knockdown on a non blodge side is funny enough - 1 pow and 11 skulls in 44 block dice is even funnier and 1 armour break all game which came from my last action of the game when Prudence both downed herself on a rotter after initially skulling and getting herself KO'd as well.

Not much you can do with that :(

Boffa

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
that apo sucks 20p... I had a beastman catch a scatter launch t16 to win game.. mino single handedly cleared my player's of the pitch including a ball sack - cas - catch play. atleast I managed pushes on my 1 turner.

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My dwarves lost to Horlas's equivalents. But, a Blocker finally got the MVP and levelled, and I'd take all the losses I could if it means that happens.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Well done St Cloud.
I am faring a little less well, but it seems I am slightly improving.

ImageMatchReport.aspx

This match didn't start well as I repeatedly failed to down rats even with superior strength and was forced by a very aggressive game to concede a 1d blitz on my BC wich not only downed him but also BH him.
Luckily I had protected the area well and managed to recover the ball but couldn't advance it and contented myself with hitting rats.
Couldn't CAS them though, and the four KO all returned for the second half.
You know skaven, it's very difficult to stop them when they are full force, and a rock hurled by some fan opening a hole in my defence didn't help for sure.
They could also stall a bit, but then decided to score when my orcs begun converging on them.
Obviously the 2 KO came back and my last try for the draw begun,
Still I had some chance at drawing, but a very well placed kick forced me to cage deep in my half and with the skaven still at full force it was simply impossible for me to score.
At least in the last turns I racked up a couple of casualties.

BBM said that I placed 153 block dice, so my positioning wasn't so bad after all, and with that amount of dices, and 2 MB in the lot I consider a slight nuffling to have managed just a bunch of KOs and no Cas until the very last lucky turns.
The KOs would have done if they stayed out but they didn't and that's it.

I am mildly satisfied by my game. Could have been better, but could have been worse also.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Disciples stumble again MD7, drawing against the last-place UWD Cracktown Cretins. Having not enough players (9 for the game) and being unable to knock any of his out (only a single cas despite multiple tackle and MB blitzes) spelled our doom once he handed Morg the ball to carry on his drive in the second half. I got 3 hits on him but couldn't get the ball out despite needing anything but a skull.

Bright side is that we are still in first place, 2 points clear of second, and have a huge lead on TD differential. Our 2 remaining games are both against stat freak Lizards, who both have two st5 Saurii. If anyone's prepared to deal with them, I suppose it's my Disciples. Hudd, up MD8, has no tackle and one saurus out, though he does have 700k to play with. I suppose we'll see how it goes. He has a few options. I need to be able to get his skinks out though or it's going to be a tough game.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Disciples stumbled again, drawing the last place UWD Cracktown Cretins.

First half he never really threatened the ball and I scored on turn 8. Animosity stopped the 1ttd.
Second half he handed the ball to Morg, and despite not having any Guard, I only really got 2 shots at him, which both ended up with a skull. My inability to depitch him at all despite a full game of tackle and MB blitzes was my undoing. He scored turn 16 to equalize. I got a 1ttd attempt (with an 8mv/5agi blitzer) but the first push, 3d block on a gobbo, knocked him down, leaving me one square short of the run to the end zone.

I'm still in first place with a 2 point lead despite a loss and draw my last 2 matches, and have two Lizard teams to finish up. This week's has no tackle and hardly any Guard or MB, but I'm giving up 700 in inducements. The other should be more difficult but his record does not match up with the team, so who knows what's going on there.

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In a deeply stupid game, my dwarves drew 1-1 with Midievil's division-leading Chaos (he was +120k TV to me, an awkward amount, and I went with 2 Babes who did nothing, because I've had a bad string with Bribes).

He kicked to me first, and I went with the desperate plan of needing to remove SOME of his bodies from the pitch, before the superior Strength and more skills kicked me in the teeth. Well, I did not manage to remove anyone the whole first half, and my 1d blocks came up skulls, and... nothing worked, he got the ball, he scored with ease.

Second half, I thought was a slam dunk case for him, but the game was like 'nuh-uh, bro'. Seriously, it was like six double-skulls, 3 CASed-off Beastmen, lucky throw-in from the audience and two Blocker catches later, that one of my Blockers walked in the equalizer on turn 16. It was so unfair.

Ah well, at least this draw makes the top of the division still theoretically open for multiple participants.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Disciples stumble again MD7, drawing against the last-place UWD Cracktown Cretins. Having not enough players (9 for the game) and being unable to knock any of his out (only a single cas despite multiple tackle and MB blitzes) spelled our doom once he handed Morg the ball to carry on his drive in the second half. I got 3 hits on him but couldn't get the ball out despite needing anything but a skull.

Bright side is that we are still in first place, 2 points clear of second, and have a huge lead on TD differential. Our 2 remaining games are both against stat freak Lizards, who both have two st5 Saurii. If anyone's prepared to deal with them, I suppose it's my Disciples. Hudd, up MD8, has no tackle and one saurus out, though he does have 700k to play with. I suppose we'll see how it goes. He has a few options. I need to be able to get his skinks out though or it's going to be a tough game.

Disciples stumbled again, drawing the last place UWD Cracktown Cretins.

First half he never really threatened the ball and I scored on turn 8. Animosity stopped the 1ttd.
Second half he handed the ball to Morg, and despite not having any Guard, I only really got 2 shots at him, which both ended up with a skull. My inability to depitch him at all despite a full game of tackle and MB blitzes was my undoing. He scored turn 16 to equalize. I got a 1ttd attempt (with an 8mv/5agi blitzer) but the first push, 3d block on a gobbo, knocked him down, leaving me one square short of the run to the end zone.

I'm still in first place with a 2 point lead despite a loss and draw my last 2 matches, and have two Lizard teams to finish up. This week's has no tackle and hardly any Guard or MB, but I'm giving up 700 in inducements. The other should be more difficult but his record does not match up with the team, so who knows what's going on there.

One of these posts was in the wrong thread. Now both are in this one, but different enough that I don't know which one I should delete. :eek:

-

Juriel, sounds like playing dwarves is giving you something...

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
A third horrible nuffling in a row saw my chaos team lose again. 1-0 to Jakerbeef's nurgle. I rolled I think 4 pows in the second half. I lost a 48SPP chaos warrior to a random block dead-apo-dead. Rolled a third consecutive 1 on the lightning bolt. Second apo remained unused.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
One of these posts was in the wrong thread. Now both are in this one, but different enough that I don't know which one I should delete. :eek:

Bah. I could have sworn I posted but couldn't find it in the thread so I posted again, haha. I blame being tired. Delete the first one then?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Yea, you posted in the season 23 thread. :p

(I've had to move several posts from that thread to this one, so you ain't alone)