Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Tackle might be a good idea even if it's not because he should be a hitter and more to be able to take down snotlings, elf blodgers and the like.
Dodge could come next for him, or MB then JU and PO if you really do want a hitter. (Dodge maybe at Legend then, or Pro)

Thanks Dreamy. I could do with a hitter sooner rather than later I think. But now I am not sure if perhaps I should actually take Strip Ball then Tackle (then probably Dodge) – I’ll be surprised if the team lasts long enough for him to get more than four skills.

Removing players hasn’t yet been much of a strategy for me as vampires, but that could be because I haven’t had any MB etc. to do it with.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I wouldn't bother with Strip Ball at all.
Most teams usually have a Sure Hands player.
The exception being elves who keep the ballcarrier out of reach until they can score.
Also you can usually get a 2D hit against ST3 so take down the ballcarrier over 50% of the time anyway.

Tackle and MB will be relevant more often.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Surefeet and bench when not one turning.

That's a lot of TV on the bench (and he'll be showing up late-game anyway, when the linerats are waiting for the next one)

I still probably wouldn't pick AV though. Leap or Sure Feet is probably better for a dedicated guy like this, but I'd go for sidestep. Easier to push her closer, which is about as good as sure feet for getting safer GFI:s (a GFI not rolled is the safest of them all ;))

Also good for when the opponent rolls a blitz, since suddely it's not just a simple push to beat the oneturning, it needs to be a takedown. (And even those can be overcome by two chainpushes if there was no armour break)

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
Another pair of level ups on the Nuffable Newbies.

Andrew the showoff Blitz-Ra is now 4 after mugging some of Znarx's Pro Elves. Already +MV/MB. Thinking either Tackle or PO, and was leaning towards Tackle (don't have any).

A skeleton rolled doubles, so I was planning on giving him Guard, unless there are other suggestions. No other skellies have levels.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Guard on Khemri skellies is a no-brainer. Either po or tackle is good on Andy, po will definitely help him get to level 5 faster but tackle mb should get him there too and you definitely need some tackle on the team sharpish so I guess it depends on what your plans are for blitz ra number 2. With ma, mb, tackle Andy becomes a great safety and utility player while the other one can be your straight up killer mb, po, tackle.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In cases like this (Blitz-ra) I usually cheat and look at my upcoming schedule. In truth, both tackle and PO are perfectly legit. If you have 5 elves or a bunch of stunties coming up, Tackle wins. If you are going up against a bunch of bash without really annoying Blodged up carriers, PO will help rake in more SPP and create a numeric advantage. That's my general philosophy towards any player - if two skills are similarly useful, scout the upcoming slate of games and decide which skill will help you win more of those.

Skelly guard = good, imo. Not an expert on Khemri, but extra Guard on a bash team never hurts, in my experience.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
With the Ma increase then that Blitz Ra wants tackle over PO, build you other one for killing this guys going for a sweeper support build..

Skeleton guard, there shouldn't even be a discussion on this unless you have 8+ guards already.

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
I would say that's fairly strong support for tackle. So tackle it is.

As well as the guard, obviously.

@Aki - it's a CTA squad, so there's no upcoming schedule. Although I do have a Khemri squad in BC, and these are more or less my practice guys for that unit.

Last edited:

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
Back with another round, this time for my Wood Elf team (Iron Elves).

Currently, the team has 10 players (a lino got killed), with only 1 player having dodge.

I've now got a Wardancer with a double, Wardancer with a normal, and lineelf with a normal. Was thinking Mighty Blow/Strip Ball/Dodge, personally, but wasn't sure.

Also, there's enough funds in the bank to buy an 11th player, which would be either a catcher or a thrower. I'm also debating just going with the loner for the moment, since it's low TV.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
That sounds good for the dancers.
1st line elf to level can be either dodge , wrestle or kick.
I'd probably go kick but it is down to personal preference.

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
Went with MB/Strip/Kick as the three options. That'll make playing defence easier. TV's up to 1060 (plus loner) now.

Haukionkala

Star Player
Steam Username
Haukionkala
Cyanide Username
Haukionkala
Country Flag
I'm playing a Necromantic team in a rather long league. One of my ghouls rolled doubles as his first level up and I took Guard. Now I got a level up for both of my ghouls and the one with Guard got a Strength increase. Now I can't really decide which one to develop as my main ball carrier. I really want to make one of them a Wrestle+Tackle blitzer, now I'm just wondering if it should be the 4 STR or the 3 STR one. Thoughts?

Last edited:

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Carry with a Dog. The S4 Guard needs Block. The S3 one can be the Wrackler if you really want one.

Last edited:

Moncap

Veteran
Country Flag
I'm playing a Necromantic team in a rather long league. One of my ghouls rolled doubles as his first level up and I took Guard. Now I got a level up for both of my ghouls and the one with Guard got a Strength increase. Now I can't really decide which one to develop as my main ball carrier. I really want to make one of them a Wrestle+Tackle blitzer, now I'm just wondering if it should be the 4 STR or the 3 STR one. Thoughts?

How have the Wolves developed so far? I love wrackle Ghouls, but with guard or St+, I would go block on both of them, and as soon as possible. I would delay committing to a designated ball carrier for the moment, and hoping an AG boost pops up. If it happens, there's your ball carrier, unless it happens to a Wolf who then rolls mighty blow, in which case he isn't. If he does roll AG but doesn't get mighty blow by superstar I would/have, taken sure hands on him then (although I might be alone in this).

If either Ghouls rolls an AG boost, sure hands next is a good choice, but you could also delay further as a mobile strength 4 or guard piece is very useful.

Haukionkala

Star Player
Steam Username
Haukionkala
Cyanide Username
Haukionkala
Country Flag
How have the Wolves developed so far? I love wrackle Ghouls, but with guard or St+, I would go block on both of them, and as soon as possible. I would delay committing to a designated ball carrier for the moment, and hoping an AG boost pops up. If it happens, there's your ball carrier, unless it happens to a Wolf who then rolls mighty blow, in which case he isn't. If he does roll AG but doesn't get mighty blow by superstar I would/have, taken sure hands on him then (although I might be alone in this).

If either Ghouls rolls an AG boost, sure hands next is a good choice, but you could also delay further as a mobile strength 4 or guard piece is very useful.
Got one wolf with Block, Dodge and Tackle and another one with just Block.

And yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards going Block with both and keeping both Ghouls and both Wolves as potential flexible ball carriers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
Another triple upgrade after a match, this time for my Khemri squad. Mighty Blow Tomb Guardian rolled a normal, a no skill Thro-Ra rolled a double, and a Block Thro-Ra rolled a normal.

Other skilled players on the team - 2 Guard TGs, 1 MB TG, 1 Guard Skel, 1 MB BR, and Andrew, the MB, +MV, Tackle show-off who cost me a win :p

Last edited:

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Tomb Guardian - You seriously asking? GUARD.
Throw Ra Double - More Tricky, lots of sound options however I find it difficult to look past Dodge in a young side like this.
Block Throw Ra - Kick off return or Tackle both are equally viable and useful and neither is a flawed choice.

Regarding your Wardancer - If your building for Strip Ball then Juggernaut is the hands down most effective combo, I wouldn't build frenzy on him later though unless he gets a +str at which point its a must have option really as long as your confident you can be restrained in its use.

Stratovarius

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Stratovarius
Country Flag
TG - Was debating Stand Firm, since these guys getting knocked back has been a minor problem for me. But I shall wait until after guarding up :p
Doubles - Why dodge? It's not really something I do, unless it's just for defensive purposes.
Blocker - He tends not to do too much hitting, despite the block - I try and keep that falling on the TGs and Blitz-Ras (and sometimes skellies, even). KOR would allow me to keep him back as sole ballhandler, primarily.

Juggs to turn Both Down into Pushes and pop the ball clear? As well as overcome stand firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.