Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
"This site has been temporarily disabled, please try again later."

Who broke my forum?

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
The Slump continues as I lost 2-1 to Smiling Tom's necro. I was well set for a win by turn 14 with the score at 1-1 and with me carrying the ball in his half, but a string of appalling block dice (something like 1 knockdown in 15 2D blocks) followed by two snake-eyes in two turns, occurring at the same time as a series of golden dice for him, turned that into a defeat.

Hey ho. That's BB sometimes.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Opened the season with a 2 nil win over some fellow named Javelin. Believe he may be from around these parts. :) Fun game, or at least I thought so.

The good news is the MVP landed on a skeleton so I now have my own DP skeleton leaving me cash for better inducements in the future, and my one casualty on my turn 8 got my rookie mummy guard.

Playing against all those +STR guard dwarves when I only have two guard was a bit frustrating! I probably rushed it in the second half, but I really thought I would get overwhelmed if I didn't make that break for it. If that handoff worked at least I likely would have put a point on the board!

It was a pleasure to play though, good to be back from the break!

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
yeah to be fair, my plan was to try and force you to score quickly then get another, or if not, at least protect the draw. When the hand off failed the match tilted in my favour.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
yeah to be fair, my plan was to try and force you to score quickly then get another, or if not, at least protect the draw. When the hand off failed the match tilted in my favour.

The other thing I've been debating with myself is the use of the wizard. I think that was probably a good place to use it and the scatter rolls were just undesirable. But perhaps I should have waited for the second half. In that case I could have used it in desperation on offense to get the tie, or if I was fortunately I could have used it after I scored to try to score again.

It's hard to look at the play without letting the specific results overly influence my thoughts...

And I obviously didn't worry about the pouring rain enough as it affected me on several occasions.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
1-1 draw vs Barristan's Orcs in a fun but almost bloodless match. Nothing happened in the first half with my offense getting screwed up due to poor play and bad luck. Second half I had some good luck and managed to steal the ball and I thought the game with a T12 score. A riot helped even more leaving Barristan just 3 turns in the rain with no RR's to equalize. Clever play by him and a bit of poor positioning by me allowed a T16 scoring try which required a 4+ dodge, 1d block, 5+ pickup, 3+ dodge, and 2 GFI's all without a RR which worked.

Up next I'll continue my tour of the bash in 2B (season starts with Orcs, Orcs, Nurgle, Orcs in first four MD's) going against stuartmcc's nasty Orcs which have 3 +str (2 for me), 2 +agi (I've got 1), 2 POMBers (mine is MNG), 7 MB (3... lol Orcs in Div 2 with 3 MB), and 5 Guard (only 4, again lol) which is more than me in each category. However, he'll only have two MA 6 players and I've got the fastest Orcs in the OCC with around 310-320k inducements (if he buys a linorc to get up to 12 players) to spend. I'm thinking Bribe, Wizard, and Babe though I'm also considering 2 Bribes and an Apo.

Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Apparently OCC will be back up "soon", but we could lose some forum content.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I'm resisting the urge to check on the OCC forums every couple minutes :)

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
As OCC is down I'll ask here.
Cha-U-Kao, one of my blitzer got a skill.
I would vote for guard, but my next match is against goblins and I have just 1 tackle in the team.
What would you get: guard or tackle?
Or anything else altogether?

Here is the team:
ImageRoster.aspx

Actually this is before my last match: now Popov is dead and replaced by the rookie Blorc Popov II and Fratellini has got his Guard skill.
Also Zag is dead, but I have no money to replace him, so we'll play with 12 men the next game: I guess my goblin will get to play at last!

Last edited:

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
I would take Guard on the Blitzer. You need more Guard and you've got two Blitzers already on the future killer path.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Match day one I played with my head up my arse and got punished for it, no excuses poor play is what cost me the result and then I got a couple of perms thrown in for good measure

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
MD 2, myself and Tys play out a 1-1 draw. I go 1/1/0 with Bantha's vamps up next.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Played Deano79 and his Norse. Seeing as it was Pitch Invasion Thursday and he had FAME the start of my drive went a bit wobbly, and I also couldn't cause any casualties.

But then, so couldn't he apart from the rookie ghoul, and I could cause more KO:s than him (although I made sure to get two players sent off in the meantime) and finally score. 1-0 at halftime, but all his KO:s recovered.

Second half a quick blitz on the POMB Yehetee re-KO:s him which is nice, but the rest of his team starts making more impact than mine - until a pretty little chainpush trick lets me sack his ballcarrier that gets BH. Then the ghoul set to pick up the ball does so, but KO:s dodging away with it, and he KO:s the sacking ghoul as well, but some crazy play lets me shut down his scoring option well enough that he skulls trying to fix it up, leaving me with the win (and with a finishing move of double-skull-killing my own mummy, but she got better)

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Jav couldnt catch a break in MD2 getting outbashed by my elves, including a dead ghoul.

He did get vengence on turn 16 when my dedicated fouler picked up -ma from a gang foul. Irony is alive and well.

2-1 final score taking vnv to 2-0-0.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
So, second match vs goblins went exceedingly well: rookie Blorc Popov II got his block skill at his first game, and Grock, my soon_to_be_killer got his second (Tackle or MB?), and beside the developement of the team, I won again!
Here is the match:

ImageMatchReport.aspx

The match didn't seem promising at the start: I stupidly exposed my best bet at removing goblins (My Tackle MB Blitzer Batatinha) and he was mercilessly beaten BH by Ripper.
On top of that Bozo, my own troll, was sent out.

I gritted my teeth and advanced the ball slowly but steadily and scored on turn 6.
No goblins were injured and all KOs returned so the numerical advantage was lost, but a good defense on my part left teh goblins only a very unlikely score possibility, that they failed.

The problem started on second half, when my 8 players faced 11 opponents and it seemed very difficult to stop them.
He could not advance his own cage quickly, due to the involved trolls corners and I managed to put up a column defense while in the mean time threatening corners and finally managing to dislodge a troll and threaten teh BC while marking the other trolls.

After a couple of mixed nufflings on both sides I managed to down the BC (and in the process also down my rookie blorc, as I thought he had block and chose a BD result) and recover the ball to score the final winner for the end result of 2-0.

Not entirely deserved as my choice of BD with a blockless Blorc was not the smartest, particularly as the push would have granted me a 3d block with my block MB Blorc, but I take credit for believing in it and fighting all along.

Last edited:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
MD2 was against rats and ended 1-1 after much time with the ball on the ground. Could easily have ended in a win to either side:cool:

ImageMatchReport.aspx

cerynix

Veteran
Country Flag
I'm also in the occ, in 7b with woodelves teamname: Daibancho, ceryni as the coach name.