Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Lineman - I'd take guard and hope he survives to 51SPPs
Assassin - Block or wrestle first if you are in a developed league where most people hitting you have block, dodge if you aren't and they don't.
Blitzer - I would take the strength tbh. St5 blodge is infuriating. Give him sidestep next.

gamerno1

Rookie
Country Flag
I agree with everblue for the 1st two. Guard might be better for the blitzer though, str4 is already enough to hit most players and combined with blodge he shouldn't need any help on defence. A highly mobile hard to knock-over guard who can still hit perfectly well is amazing. You even save some tv compared to +str.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Notafunhater has a Str 5 dark elf lino on his OCC team and he's super annoying (I've played against him). I would definitely take it on a dark elf blitzer.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Strength 5: First up it gives 3D without assists against strength 2 players which is a big bonus by itself, Strength 5 is difficult for your opponent to handle but even more importantly it allows you to take down big guys without having to commit 3+ players to the task, with Blodge and Sidestep you've suddenly got a nightmare marker that if put on the ball carrier against bash sides will cause all kinds of grief.. OK your paying 100k for that strength 5 but your also bringing Ag4 Ma7 and ZERO neg traits to the table alongside agility and general access you work out the cost of those combined and your getting a miles better deal that any big guys..

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Normal skill roll pending on an MA 8 Guard/Tackle Orc Blitzer. The team has three other good blitzers; Frenzy/Guard/Tackle POMBer, MA 7/Agi 4 Guard/Tackle, and MA 7/Str 4 MB/JU/Tackle. Only one SF on the roster at the moment (a Black Orc). I'm happy with just running with 2 killers and this guy only has 7 CAS in 54 matches (17 TD's though) so MB seems wasteful and not helpful to the team. I'm leaning SF but considering Shadowing and would also like to hear any suggestions for other skill ideas.

Moncap

Veteran
Country Flag
Surehands.

While a movement 8 Orc would make great ball carrier, Guard and Tackle are skills I want on the front line ideally, and not on someone I will be hiding.

Still, not bad option, depending on how good your ball carrier is at the moment?

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Notafunhater has a Str 5 dark elf lino on his OCC team and he's super annoying (I've played against him). I would definitely take it on a dark elf blitzer.
He's even blodged now! Unfortunately agility busted too :/

Having "big guy" on a DaE team is far more impactful than I had even expected, to be honest. I would take it again without hesitation. I've had him tie up half of the other team for drives several times. And if he manages to make it another 25spp to superstar and picks up sidestep, he'll be a nightmare for other teams to deal with.

The blitzer would be even better, with the higher movement and an extra skill slot due to starting with Block.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Ya, I've also played notafunhater's STR5 line elf and he's a real pain. He's not going to go bonehead or wild animal, so if you just put a rookie lineman on him he'll block or dodge away without worrying about a both down roll or a roll to even see if he'll act. So he's harder to ignore than a normal big guy, and he's harder to take down since you likely need to commit several assists and a tackle player to block with.

It really gives you few good choices on how to deal with him. And you can re-position him fairly easily!

Rasuth

Rookie
Country Flag
One of my Chaos Dwarf Blockers just reached level 4 with with his second double sixes. First pickup was Guard, then ST+1.

The other Blockers have:
Claw, Jump Up (intended to get PO and MB)
Guard, MB, Stand Firm,
Guard
Claw, MB, Piling On
Guard, MB (Damaged Back Niggling Injury)

Centaurs both have Block and Break Tackle. No Minotaur.

Hobgoblins
Dodge, Block, Sure Hands
Dodge, Block, (intended to get Sure Hands, too, Backup)
ST+1, Wrestle (Serious Concussion -AV)
Kick, Wrestle
Dirty Player, Wrestle

I'm really tempted to take the second +ST, as I don't play with a Minotaur. But maybe there is another option I'm overlooking?

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Surehands.

Sure Hands isn't an option because this guy is my 3rd or 4th ball handler. My Block/Accurate/Strong Arm Thrower and MA 7/Agi 4 Blitzer are the primary ball handlers. The MA 8 Orc scores a lot of TD's but he gets the ball via hand off or pass right before he runs off on a break away or to the end zone. He almost never tries to pick up the ball and isn't ever vulnerable to a strip ball hit.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
One of my Chaos Dwarf Blockers just reached level 4 with with his second double sixes. First pickup was Guard, then ST+1.

The other Blockers have:
Claw, Jump Up (intended to get PO and MB)
Guard, MB, Stand Firm,
Guard
Claw, MB, Piling On
Guard, MB (Damaged Back Niggling Injury)

Centaurs both have Block and Break Tackle. No Minotaur.

Hobgoblins
Dodge, Block, Sure Hands
Dodge, Block, (intended to get Sure Hands, too, Backup)
ST+1, Wrestle (Serious Concussion -AV)
Kick, Wrestle
Dirty Player, Wrestle

I'm really tempted to take the second +ST, as I don't play with a Minotaur. But maybe there is another option I'm overlooking?

Nope, take the Str 5 especially since you've got 2 Claw killers.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Blitzer - I would take the strength tbh. St5 blodge is infuriating. Give him sidestep next.

I'd probably go Tackle first, Sidestep afterwards, but it depends some. Still vampires and others often come with ST4 blodge, which is what ST5 tackle was made to combat. :D

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
I'd probably go Tackle first, Sidestep afterwards, but it depends some. Still vampires and others often come with ST4 blodge, which is what ST5 tackle was made to combat. :D

Str 4 Blodge is annoying and Str 5 w/Tackle would be great to combat that but that's not a common occurrence while Str 5 Blodge gets to annoy and abuse Str 3 players nearly every game.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Blodge first is good (nearly given), and sidestep ups it even further. Still, in some leagues basically every team will carry a ST4 blodger (or you get to hit ST3 blodgers while ignoring one assist) which makes it worth considering at least.

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Sure Hands isn't an option because this guy is my 3rd or 4th ball handler. My Block/Accurate/Strong Arm Thrower and MA 7/Agi 4 Blitzer are the primary ball handlers. The MA 8 Orc scores a lot of TD's but he gets the ball via hand off or pass right before he runs off on a break away or to the end zone. He almost never tries to pick up the ball and isn't ever vulnerable to a strip ball hit.

Sack the thrower for a start. MA7 AG4 is maybe better than MA8 for a carrier but there's not much left for him on a normal roll that's useful is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.