Nagaroth top teams... or not

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Geez. I was looking at the Nagaroth top elf teams for some inspiration and I stumbled upon Mr number 1, Top of the line, King of the Hill (at the moment at least): A WE team called Avalorn Irye Maxius.

Anyone finding anyhting odd from its Match Record? Or is it just me?

Now Cyanide/Focus offers to the Nagaroth Top 12 a ticket for the World Cup. Well I hope the Focus/Cyanide team really does some homework before giving those tickets away willie nillie... :rolleyes:

Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
For anyone who can't be bothered looking it up, this particular coach has a 16-0-0 record since the most recent reset, all against the same opponent.

Interesting. Multi account and a second PC?

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Hmm not quite sure how he managed that.

Super high TV matches or something? I guess the 40s games could also do it, but I thought they had taken that out of Naggaroth? Guess I was wrong.

bintz

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I guess you can achieve that quite easy with something like:
* create a fake team and look for opponents with unusual setups (40s turns and late at night for most players)
* check with that team if anyone else is waiting for a game
* if not, get your mate (or second account) online and get your free win
* rince, repeat

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I think my main question about this would normally be 'Why fucking bother?' although the world cup incentive is a new one.

Even with a world cup ticket, if you aren't playing games at the right level what's the point in turning up?

Having said that, I saw someone from FOL say that basically if someone plays 15 games with goblins they would qualify even with a losing record. So I suppose that's an equally easy way of qualifying.

Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
You don't get anything just for qualifying for the World Cup though, it's only "big money! Big prizes!" if you can actually win in that environment.

So Barn's original question remains - why bother? Cheating your way to a ticket just makes it easier for any given highly-skilled coach to pocket the cash.

Though admittedly it does appear that would-be participating leagues have to jump through so many hoops to actually be deemed eligible that boycotts are widespread, OCC included. That might weaken the field somewhat, but at worst I'm sure a couple of top coaches will find a way into the World Cuo, demolish the opposition and divide the prize money among themselves.

Last edited:

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I am not familiar with how the system works, but doesn't this T12 system mean that if a player cheats in there will be one cheat and eleven others qualifying, leaving someone in the 13th position who, if it wasn't for the cheater, would also be given an invitation?

Seems unfair to #13, if this is the case that is.

Txapo

Veteran
Country Flag
is as you say and he'll be banned from the game as well acording to cynadie forums, so: no chance he can cheat this way!!