Cyanide Looking to join a league or tournament

Cianybeasty

Veteran
Country Flag
I thoroughly enjoyed my CTA game against Narly a few days ago, but have seen no-one online since then.

I looked through the league/team development section and there were so many intersting team blogs of teams playing in online tournaments, and I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a tournament that I could join as a rookie?

I am especially intersted in a tournament i could join at the bottom of a ladder and work my way up towards the top, division by division :)

Any suggestinos would be appreciated :)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
The Orca Cola Championship (OCC) springs to mind, otherwise we are going to test a divional system in the next Crunch Cup. That might be fun for you.

In the OCC you start at the buttom and work your way up the divisions. A season is nine matches, one match per week. Then a little break where coaches deside if they want to continue their team, reroll with a new, wait the season out or quit! Its all very nice and well admined. It is a bash heavy, but that will teach you how to beat those teams:D

Enter with a Dark elf or high elf team if you want to play AG and want a little chance of survival;) Ohh the good part is that this season just ended so you should have a good chance to get in:)

Cianybeasty

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks Guys, I've put in an application to join the OCC with Halflings :) And @Netsmurf, i put you as my referral, I hope you don't mind :)

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I got on the reserves list for the UKBBL. Got a game arrange pretty quick for a ladder 'open tournament' which will open

I was sceptical about the OCC as you need a referal to even get on the reserves list there.

my ten pence

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I was sceptical about the OCC as you need a referal to even get on the reserves list there.

my ten pence

I think the referrals system is a good one to be honest. It doesn't require much to find someone that plays in the league to recommend you and is there as a filter to stop time-wasters applying. I've played in that league for eight seasons now and can't recommend it enough.

Also, with so many coaches in there, the turnover rate is quite high, which means that you are almost guaranteed to get in at the start of a new season.

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I think the referrals system is a good one to be honest. It doesn't require much to find someone that plays in the league to recommend you and is there as a filter to stop time-wasters applying. I've played in that league for eight seasons now and can't recommend it enough.

Also, with so many coaches in there, the turnover rate is quite high, which means that you are almost guaranteed to get in at the start of a new season.

I can see the benefits. Maybe sceptical was the wrong word. Just with such systems it can be hard for people who don't know anyone to join.

Fancy giving me a referal?:)

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'll give you the referral, no problem. It's basically just to stop consistent cheats or people who leave the moment they have a bad game.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, you can use Barninho, or myself as a referral. I don't think I've ever played you, but I've seen you around on the boards a lot recently and you sound reliable enough! :)

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
I can see the benefits. Maybe sceptical was the wrong word. Just with such systems it can be hard for people who don't know anyone to join.

Fancy giving me a referal?:)

I see you have a few offers. Most people get there referral by playing someone in MM. I dragged Hobnail to a 3-3 draw to get mine.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
It wasnt in the rules at the time but Hobs said to mention it to increase my chances.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Bummer I had no trouble at all. I have to ask this, you are sure you did sign up in the rigth section? They are very strict with that:powdodge:

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
You have to give exact information or you are not considered, its on the sign up page. I think its caoch name, team name, race, timezone and who sent you.

If you are still interested you could add half of this forum as references. I'd back you.

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I applied with referrals from here the other day. Played a game with Rayxxx(?) in a total random match up. He said I'd be in next season.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I applied with referrals from here the other day. Played a game with Rayxxx(?) in a total random match up. He said I'd be in next season.

I think its Ray and Pidpad who are responsible for allocating teams to divisions, so if Ray said your good, then you should be in. Out of interest, what team are you applying with? Not another Orc team i hope? :mad:

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I think its Ray and Pidpad who are responsible for allocating teams to divisions, so if Ray said your good, then you should be in. Out of interest, what team are you applying with? Not another Orc team i hope? :mad:

I'm afraid so. Orc and High Elf are the only teams I've had any experience with. And as I'm not doing to well with those I didn't wanna try something new. I applied with a HE team to UKBBL so OCC got the Orcs.