Not open for further replies.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Prehensile tail could be interesting given their mobility, but I'd probably go for mighty blow or strip ball.

Tjorne

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
.marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
Country Flag
Two Heads or Strip Ball seems sensible for the Pestigor.

If you want to go with slightly less sense, you could take SF for marking or Frenzy to make better use of his MA.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag

Maybe if Pestigors had Agility skill access on normal rolls, but they don't have it so that option ain't on the table.

So worth a mention for future similar pests who manage to roll a double. :cool:

Or on the Helf Wrodge Catcher, sure, leap is a good skill there for a ballhawk to be. :D

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Maybe if Pestigors had Agility skill access on normal rolls, but they don't have it so that option ain't on the table.

So worth a mention for future similar pests who manage to roll a double. :cool:

Or on the Helf Wrodge Catcher, sure, leap is a good skill there for a ballhawk to be. :D

ah details...unnecessary details...:oops:

CariadocThorne

Veteran
Country Flag
Got normals on a Dodge/Wrestle High Elf catcher, on a team with no other developed catchers. Unsure whether to develop offensively with Strip Ball or defensively with Side Step. Apart from her I've got a blodge blitzer and a blodge/tackle blitzer, but she still does a lot of the opportunistic blitzing due to high movement making her easier to retreat back to safety. A ball-hawk would be good I'm thinking, help me to score on defense, but I usually play risk-averse stalling/column defense and don't pressure cages much once they're formed, so I might not have a lot of opportunities to use her as such. My next match, if it matters, is Norse who have no Sure Hands.

Sidestep. Not only good defensively, but great for chain pushing your ballhawk through to the ball carrier without a single dodge or leap roll, and without needing a blitz to hit the ball carrier.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Wyrmwood has a fantastic Underworld Blitzer on their TV 1900 or so team who just hit level six. Here's his stats:

(Block)
+1 Strength
+1 Agility
Dodge
Mighty Blow

He just rolled doubles on his level up. That's right, this guy has rolled something special every time but ONE.

I was planning to give him Claw or maybe Tackle, but this double has me thinking Sidestep. He does end up receiving or even carrying the ball fairly often, especially after it's been wrested from the opposition. My thinking is that Sidestep would make him more able to get the ball to the end zone.

Considering Leap as well.

What do you think?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The only thing that would tempt me away from singles on that rat would be leap.

And the only singles tempting me would be tackle (he's the one that can reach slippery people, and he ain't no clawpomber anyway) or sure hands (magnificent ballcarrier against leaping elveses ;) and also for picking up balls lost in the open, but tackle seems more generally useful)

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Hate wasting a double, but I might have to on this one then. Pity I didn't roll it on Gruechitter, but I can hope for his next level.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
MY BC Wight hit Legend with 5 CAS in today's match! His current skills are: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On, Juggernaut and Guard and he rolled a normal.

I'm thinking that Stand Firm would probably be the best pick for him now, as it makes it less appealing to blitz him, has synergy with Guard and helps on the sidelines too.

Other than that I think I would consider Fend or Dauntless. I don't really like the idea of Frenzy on him, because I like being able to control the follow up. Thoughts?

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Probably stand firm, though I found dauntless to be a really solid pick on a necro wolf that got to lvl 6 without a double and I imagine the same would apply to the wight. Grab's another possibility if you've got a lot of sidestep to deal with.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, I don't think that Dauntless is necessary for Wights on an Undead team though, because the Mummies are good for taking on high strength opponents. I also have a strength 4 zombie who finally got Block! I'd dather take a positioning skill at this stage I think, because he clearly has enough killing power already! :p

Xamnen

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Xamnen
Country Flag
If you want said wight to play a more supporting role now that he has 6 skills I'd say stand firm for the guard synergy and pitch control. If you need him to hurt people (5 CAS...) slap dauntless on him and continue to cause pain. Also if you think he might get targeted a lot fend has merit for still allowing pitch control and providing PO immunity, but that's a tad pixel hugging as well

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
If you want said wight to play a more supporting role now that he has 6 skills I'd say stand firm for the guard synergy and pitch control. If you need him to hurt people (5 CAS...) slap dauntless on him and continue to cause pain. Also if you think he might get targeted a lot fend has merit for still allowing pitch control and providing PO immunity, but that's a tad pixel hugging as well

That's the thing though, he already dishes out the pain very well and I don't think that Dauntless would increase his killing power by much. If anything it could be a liability, as it could cause me to take more risks by trying to target big players in situations where other options are better. Stand Firm seems like it rounds out his skill set and gives him more utility beyond just killing stuff.

Dreamy, what say you, given your extensive Undead experience over at the OCC?

Tjorne

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
.marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
Country Flag
I also like SF because you can turn it off in unexpected situations for a nasty surprise.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Pass block.

This choice has nothing to do with the fact I play him next.

Pass Block is great.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Pro on the killer to allow it to reroll non turn over blocks.. I'd say it increases the knock down ratio by around 15% which is very worthwhile in my mind - If your interested I can pull the numbers up on it.
OK jumping the gun a bit but I've got a Tomb Guardian on 174spp in my ukbbl team (never had a legendary guardian... It's currently block, dodge, guard, mighty blow, grab.. I'm thinking break tackle or stand firm on a normal roll though I hope its more interesting. Thoughts?

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Both sound good. SF will help with your pitch control...Str 5 SF blodgers...Not bad...on the other hand dodging into cages as Khemri could cause some nasty surprises...

Status
Not open for further replies.