Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Hmm. I'm not keen on Guard because I don't want to put my Kick thrall next to people a lot. On the vampire I don't want Frenzy without Sidestep, so I think it's Sidestep.

Anyway, I have time to think about that AND have just levelled up another question!

My +MA Gutter runner on my slightly developed (1150TV) Skaven team rolled double 5 for his second skill! I really wanted to give him Block and then Sidestep, and now I'm quite unsure what to do. Help!

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Big Hand if you want him to play the whole match, Two Heads if you want him to be a dedicated one-turner. Block and Sidestep are good regardless, but can wait.

Loucyber

Star Player
Country Flag
I have a Kick thrall who rolled a double. My Leader thrall died recently; I think Leader would be best? I could consider going from 4 to 3 rerolls then (I have 4 blodge or better vampires, 10 thralls, around 1750TV).

Also my Blodge Tackle MB vampire rolled a normal. I think it will be Sidestep for 3 Blodge Sidesteppers. Is there anything better? (I thought about JU and later PO, but I'm not keen).

Leader is definitely the best choice, but depending on your further intentions with your vamps I wouldn´t decrease the number of rerolls. Your team sounds as if it is ready for a 5th vamp now or in near future, and you want that reroll afterwards. A useful rule of thumb with vamps is "1RR per vamp" - perhaps not for the 6th vamp, but right now I play a 5-vamp-team with 4RR after the death of a leader and it can get tricky.

With your vamp SS is an obvious choice, I want as much protection for my vamps as possible, and avoiding chain-or crowd-pushes is helpful. I do not like PO for a vamp, for it means to lay 200k+ TV on the ground ready for a gang foul. But JU is a great option for vamps, as it will give you the option of running to the endzone in offence for a catch even after you have been grounded after your first offensive turn.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
2 heads for me, any gutter can gat big hand but not all gutters can make as good use of 2 heads as an ma 10. Also do consider sprint, having a natural one turner, just by having one you force the enemy to play differently.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
I might consider Two Heads and then Sprint, but will be worried about him getting targeted by anyone sensible!

But hopefully by the time he gets to Sprint I might have enough rats to keep him protected.

Thanks both,
la

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I have a Kick thrall who rolled a double. My Leader thrall died recently; I think Leader would be best? I could consider going from 4 to 3 rerolls then (I have 4 blodge or better vampires, 10 thralls, around 1750TV).

Also my Blodge Tackle MB vampire rolled a normal. I think it will be Sidestep for 3 Blodge Sidesteppers. Is there anything better? (I thought about JU and later PO, but I'm not keen).

Kick works great with Leader, since it is already a Thrall you want to protect from the LOS, and that you don't mind drinking out once you are halfway through the second half.

Don't sack the reroll though, look at it as a bonus one, since it is so easy to lose.

The more blodgestepping vampires the merrier. JUPOMB vampires can't take dodge until Legend, when they might well want Pro instead, so he's no good for that. Jump Up is good for other reasons though - it increases the range of your slow vampires immensely.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Mona Lizzie #11 my wonderful TD machine plying her trade on my UKBBL team in the premierdship has hit legend with 2 scores and the MVP in the last match.

My first legend ever.

The level-up roll was a double (no 10 i'm afraid) but it makes the decision a little tougher. Was going to go for sure feet to make the 1TTD and general scoring easier but block seems like a nice option a good protection against pesky elves.

Any ideas?

ImageRoster.aspx

Last edited:

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
I'm pretty sure that's Block. If you want to be absolutely certain, perhaps go and have a look at the last 10 games you played with the team, and count how many times she was hit. I'd guess that a) you try to protect her at all costs and b) opponents will try to hit her at all costs, if given half a chance. It's difficult to say - without having watched your games - whether that results in enough hits overall that Block is justified. But my guess is yes.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Block, even though it condemns her to certain death on a GFI. Being able to carry the ball on a blodge, sidestep, sure hands skink makes keeping the ball safe enormously easier against elfs, while also letting you use her for desperation blitzes if needs be.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Thanks for the replies. Block seems to have more uses.

Bash teams don't usually get hits on Mona (can't be helped sometimes of course...). And against Elves i go to great pains to make sure that there always is a guard Saurus close by to make sure it's at least a 1d blitz.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
+MV Skink gets a normal level up. This is my only Skink with added movement. I also have a catch/diving catch skink, and two with block/sidestep/diving tackle. Presumably, I want to build the +MV guy as a 1-turn threat, which means sure feet, sprint, diving catch, and maybe catch/leap/side step, in some order (assuming no doubles or stats rolls). But which do I get first?

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
For me always side step first for normal role on Skinks. It has the most use for all things Skinks are asked to do. Including 1TTD.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Seconded - sidestep is always useful no matter what you roll in the future.

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Human Lineman rolls 5,5 for first skill. I already have one Guard lineman (as well as a Guard/Block thrower and two Blitzers) but one can never have enough Guard, right?

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Yes, that's what I was intending to do. I won't take +MV or +AV on a rookie human lineman. But since it was a double, the obvious pick is Guard. I posted here to ask for non-obvious suggestions, since my instincts still aren't very keen when it comes to skill choices.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
There aren't really any other skills you would want for a human lineman.
It doesn't get much better than Guard followed by Block then Fend.
Dodge is an option for a wrestle safety but I wouldn't take it as a 1st skill.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I would take Guard, then block, then mighty blow, then +1 ST and +1 ST and then +1AV at legendary.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I would take Guard, then block, then mighty blow, then +1 ST and +1 ST and then +1AV at legendary.

I did see an Orc lineman get the Block and the +2 ST at least, to become a replacement troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.