BBTactics World Cup Qualifier (BBT WCQ) 2016 Rules

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
The home team goes first and spend the money. Then the away team's inducement are calculated based on the Home team TV and their spend money.

As the rule stated, you can do what you want with your inducements. As well as your opponent.
Focus organized this world cup with the game they published, and the competition rules were based on what games allows and provides.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
The home team goes first and spend the money. Then the away team's inducement are calculated based on the Home team TV and their spend money.

As the rule stated, you can do what you want with your inducements. As well as your opponent.
Focus organized this world cup with the game they published, and the competition rules were based on what games allows and provides.

I'm pretty sure that higher TV team starts, not home team.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In the Playoffs, what happens if the game is a draw? Who will get promoted to the next stage? Or are there extra turns after turn 16 until a TD is scored? If so, does the game continue as it is at the end of turn 16? Or is there another half time and new Kick Off?

Replikant

Veteran
Country Flag
Cyanide procedure is (from the WC tournament rules page):
4.3.3 A Game is made of 2 (two) half periods of 8 (eight) tours each. Each tour last 4 (four) minutes of play (i.e animation, cinematics, players placement on the field do not count towards the play time). If two Coaches are to a tie at the end of the Game, they engage in a third half period. Teams only keep non-used rerolls from the second half period in the third half period. During the third half period, a team wins if it scores. If they are still to a tie at the end of the third half period, a dice is rolled for each team with +1 for each non-used reroll. The best roll wins.

McMacky

Star Player
Steam Username
McMacky
Cyanide Username
McMacky
Country Flag
So I just want to make sure, TD difference will have an impact on standing? The rules say two different things, first that ranking will be determined by Cyanide alone, and then that in case of draws, points, TD difference, most TDs, etc. will be used? Which is it? I ask because we have a potential 4 way tie for second in Deeproot.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Cyanide procedure is (from the WC tournament rules page):
4.3.3 A Game is made of 2 (two) half periods of 8 (eight) tours each. Each tour last 4 (four) minutes of play (i.e animation, cinematics, players placement on the field do not count towards the play time). If two Coaches are to a tie at the end of the Game, they engage in a third half period. Teams only keep non-used rerolls from the second half period in the third half period. During the third half period, a team wins if it scores. If they are still to a tie at the end of the third half period, a dice is rolled for each team with +1 for each non-used reroll. The best roll wins.

Thanks. That is for the WC. Is it the same in BBTactics WC Knock Out Stage (what I called the Playoffs)? And if I understand correctly, if by the end of T16 the game is a draw, there is another half with a new Kick Off, right?

In BB1, wasn't the third half period played as a continuation of T16? I mean, the players and the ball stay where they are, and in reality, it's just the second half that lasts longer than 8 turns, until a TD is scored?

This is kind of very important to know, as this will influence how turns 15-16 are played if the extra time is with a Kick Off or not...

McMacky

Star Player
Steam Username
McMacky
Cyanide Username
McMacky
Country Flag
It is sudden death in BB2, which is in my opinion horrible as it gives whoever wins the toss a huge advantage.

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
It is sudden death in BB2, which is in my opinion horrible as it gives whoever wins the toss a huge advantage.

That's true, but those are the official BB rules. I've always said you should have 2 extra 4-turn drives, or at the very least make it so that if neither team scores in overtime, the team that kicked in overtime wins the match. They bloody well defended succesfully for 8 turns, no?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag

It's a lot better than the BB1 Cyanide-Home-Brewed solution of making games that could last 56 turns..

If you haven't won the game in the normal two periods, then tough cookies, BB just became even more random. :cool:

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag

:( Still confused :(

Sudden death is extra time after T16, the game continues with no Kick Off, right?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
:( Still confused :(

Sudden death is extra time after T16, the game continues with no Kick Off, right?

No, that the BB1 version, and it's not sudden death, it adds 4 turns every time, and all injuries rolled in overtime turn to KO:s.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
No, that the BB1 version, and it's not sudden death, it adds 4 turns every time, and all injuries rolled in overtime turn to KO:s.

Ok. So after turn 16, the game adds 4 turns and a new kick off, with all injuries turned into KO have a chance to come back in play. And if no TD is scored during that time, there's another kick off and 4 extra turns. Right?

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Ok. So after turn 16, the game adds 4 turns and a new kick off, with all injuries turned into KO have a chance to come back in play. And if no TD is scored during that time, there's another kick off and 4 extra turns. Right?

Nope. 1 kickoff, 8 turns. Then penalties.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag

Maybe we should have two threads here..

In BB1 (not relevant here) if the game is drawn at turn 16 it adds four turns, then if at the end of turns 20, 24 etc it is still drawn, game keeps getting extended. Turn 17 and onwards all injuries are KO:s instead, and no SPP can be earned from passing or TD. Else game goes on as if the second half would go on forever (set up after scoring etc.)

In BB2 (very relevant here) you get a new cointoss and a new half (or more properly called period) which plays out just as normal but with a golden goal. (And no refreshed rerolls here either)

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
From memory when I had an Overtime game in the Munch Cup it's as Veggente85 says, coin toss, 8 more turns, no additional rerolls, no SPP earned for actions during OT, and the game ends when someone scores I believe. I am not 100% certain on the golden goal thing as I had to defend first, the rest should be accurate.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Maybe we should have two threads here..

In BB1 (not relevant here) if the game is drawn at turn 16 it adds four turns, then if at the end of turns 20, 24 etc it is still drawn, game keeps getting extended. Turn 17 and onwards all injuries are KO:s instead, and no SPP can be earned from passing or TD. Else game goes on as if the second half would go on forever (set up after scoring etc.)

In BB2 (very relevant here) you get a new cointoss and a new half (or more properly called period) which plays out just as normal but with a golden goal. (And no refreshed rerolls here either)

:) Aaahhhh... Now it's very clear!

That is, until someone argues that the rules are different than that. o_O Do you have a URL to that particular rule? Or do you just know by having experimented that situation yourself?

If there is indeed a new coin toss and kick off, then it changes nothing to our choice of kicking or receiving at the beginning of the game. It will, however, be very much an advantage to receive on that extra kick... and to be an AG4, MA7+ team with built in rerolls to play the ball game, no? ;)

*celebrating Wood Elves hegemony* :p

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
From memory when I had an Overtime game in the Munch Cup it's as Veggente85 says, coin toss, 8 more turns, no additional rerolls, no SPP earned for actions during OT, and the game ends when someone scores I believe. I am not 100% certain on the golden goal thing as I had to defend first, the rest should be accurate.

I beleive he means by golden goal that whoever scores first wins the game. You're both saying the same thing. :)

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
:) Aaahhhh... Now it's very clear!

That is, until someone argues that the rules are different than that. o_O Do you have a URL to that particular rule? Or do you just know by having experimented that situation yourself?

If there is indeed a new coin toss and kick off, then it changes nothing to our choice of kicking or receiving at the beginning of the game. It will, however, be very much an advantage to receive on that extra kick... and to be an AG4, MA7+ team with built in rerolls to play the ball game, no? ;)

*celebrating Wood Elves hegemony* :p

Well not to rain on your Wood Elf parade but my OT experience was vs Wood Elves, they won the OT toss but then it all went horribly wrong for them:cool: