What should I add to my WCQ Orc team?

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Don't know where to put it. I have a game for the WCQ PO tomorrow. Orc vs Orc. My team is 12 players, 2 RR with 4 BO, 1 lineman str4, 4 blitzers a troll, a thrower and a goblin for a TV of 1400. Opponent team is 11 players, 3 RR, 3 BO, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower and 3 lineman for a TV of 1200. I think I will have a fireball problem :) Since I have 170k in the bank, what do you suggest to do? I was thinking about getting a lineman for 50k (only +30 to team value) for foul play or the third reroll. What you think about? I have the fear to excessively inflate my tv with an additional reroll, but also to play against a wizard with only 2 rerolls...

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Don't know where to put it. I have a game for the WCQ PO tomorrow. Orc vs Orc. My team is 12 players, 2 RR with 4 BO, 1 lineman str4, 4 blitzers a troll, a thrower and a goblin for a TV of 1400. Opponent team is 11 players, 3 RR, 3 BO, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower and 3 lineman for a TV of 1200. I think I will have a fireball problem :) Since I have 170k in the bank, what do you suggest to do? I was thinking about getting a lineman for 50k (only +30 to team value) for foul play or the third reroll. What you think about? I have the fear to excessively inflate my tv with an additional reroll, but also to play against a wizard with only 2 rerolls...

Well you could opt to buy a wizard of your own... though of course that only saves this game.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Well you could opt to buy a wizard of your own... though of course that only saves this game.

Not an option, it isn't the hardest matchup of the PO :)

I was mainly thinking about getting the lineman. I will have 2 players on the bench (thrower/lineman and goblin), but at least I will be close to sure to play with 11 players for all the game. In addition, it makes sense to get the lineman to avoid putting troll + 2 BO on the LOS, or this "strong LOS" makes sense? Troll has guard and my opponent has only 1 guard player (a bo).

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Don't know where to put it.

You can always make a new thread if existing threads don't rightly fit. Can also make the question more visible. But I cut out these posts for you.

If you don't like wizards but can't avoid them, my goal is sometimes to give the opponent a shot at taking something else. In this case aiming for 290 (Varag Ghoulchewer) or 300 (Chef) and see if the opponent finds them more valuable. (Especially Chef could be valuable against a 2 RR orc team low on skills ;))

Assuming you also want a fair amount of cash left, to have the option for a wizard later on, a lineman seems to be the only option to inflate your TV with. (Will give your opponent a bribe or a second babe though, meaning he gets to keep his numbers up longer. Still, some bench for you is probably good - goblins rarely qualify as a solid bench)

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Thx, yes I think that I need a more orcish bench. In addition, I will probably fire the goblin in the next game, I dont need a way to avoid 1-1 anymore.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Finally I fired the goblin and took a lineman to have 12 real orcs (ok ok, 11 real orcs and a troll) and leave only a fireball to my opponent. And I was able to steal a place in the semifinal!

Now hard decisions are necessary. Here the whole team:

2 rerolls, 190k, TV 1400 (if I go back to 150k)

Blitzer MB (1 exp point from tackle...)
Blitzer Tackle
Blitzer Guard
Blitzer Guard

Black Orc Block
Black Orc Block
Black Orc
Black Orc

Lineman 4str
Lineman

Troll Guard

Thrower one new skill!

There are two issues:

1) Now that I have to play only against Dark elves and/or Wood elves, I was thinking to fire the Troll and simply take a lineman. This will tank my TV to 1320, and give me a more useful players vs fast opponents (the troll even had problems with doing anything against orcs, retrospectively it was a bad idea to take him). What you think about that?

2) 2 rerolls start to be short. Problem is that if I buy one I broke my treasury. Alternative is to put leader instead than block on the thrower, but this will give me a weak ball carrier, or force me to use a blitzer as ball carrier - as I already did in the first games of the division. What do you think about that?

Thank your for all your propositions!

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Fire the troll definitely. You need a sure hands ball carrier against woodies (presuming they have strip). I'd get the 3rd RR. If you lose that's it right? So don't worry too much about bank. Seems unlikely you'll take a bunch of cas and still win.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Also this is qualifications? You get a ticket already, or by winning this game? Result in finals this time is solely for the bragging rights, no?

So focus on this game solely, just to be sure. Check your TV diff - but also remember they can cover the difference to get a wizard, and that they are equally invested.

So if they don't have strip ball, carry with a blitzer and consider buying a wizard or getting that reroll, else get a thrower (which means less need for RR). In both cases trolls job would be to help keep a guard in two opposite cage corners, nothing more.

Just my thoughts.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Also this is qualifications? You get a ticket already, or by winning this game? Result in finals this time is solely for the bragging rights, no?

So focus on this game solely, just to be sure. Check your TV diff - but also remember they can cover the difference to get a wizard, and that they are equally invested.

So if they don't have strip ball, carry with a blitzer and consider buying a wizard or getting that reroll, else get a thrower (which means less need for RR). In both cases trolls job would be to help keep a guard in two opposite cage corners, nothing more.

Just my thoughts.

I'm pretty sure that ticket is only for the final winners...

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Fire the troll definitely. You need a sure hands ball carrier against woodies (presuming they have strip). I'd get the 3rd RR. If you lose that's it right? So don't worry too much about bank. Seems unlikely you'll take a bunch of cas and still win.

Problem is that it would be nice to have the bank to buy a wizard in the last game.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
Problem is that it would be nice to have the bank to buy a wizard in the last game.
Take this with a pinch of salt (as if you make it to the final then I hope to be your opponent ;) ) and opinions probably vary on this, but what use is saving for the final if you lose the semi because of it?

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Take this with a pinch of salt (as if you make it to the final then I hope to be your opponent ;) ) and opinions probably vary on this, but what use is saving for the final if you lose the semi because of it?

And why spend them to win the semifinal just to lose the final because I don't have them anymore? :confused: No way out from this...

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'm pretty sure that ticket is only for the final winners...

Yeah, apparently it's six tiny finals instead of one large.

So, what matchup is the other semifinal? You might as well plan your purchases according to what is likely to happen next.

Anyway, get a thrower and sack nothing seems to be the most straightforward play. (Troll = mobile guard platform, nothing more)

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Yeah, apparently it's six tiny finals instead of one large.

So, what matchup is the other semifinal? You might as well plan your purchases according to what is likely to happen next.

Elfs, elfs everywhere! DaE for sure in semifinal (even if the other quarter will be played only today) and DaE or WoE in the final. So I'm the bashier team in our playoff tree. For this I think that the troll is overkill now.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If the threat of leaping is close to nil, the troll (and its guard) becomes less valuable. Guard and mighty blow might still be worth it, but it comes down more to inducements.

If you have only elves I don't as easily grasp your idea that you don't need the goblin anymore since you don't need to avoid a draw. I mean, winning on a TTM must be better than risking the elves get to receive in overtime.
(And drawing by TTM after an elf stall is probably better than losing outright?)
I can see sacking him for TV reasons, just not for the reason you gave. ;)

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
If the threat of leaping is close to nil, the troll (and its guard) becomes less valuable. Guard and mighty blow might still be worth it, but it comes down more to inducements.

If you have only elves I don't as easily grasp your idea that you don't need the goblin anymore since you don't need to avoid a draw. I mean, winning on a TTM must be better than risking the elves get to receive in overtime.
(And drawing by TTM after an elf stall is probably better than losing outright?)
I can see sacking him for TV reasons, just not for the reason you gave. ;)

The goblin has already been fired before the quarter of final. Who need TTM when your thrower is able to do long passes and your blitzer to catch in TZ and dodge from them with no reroll?

If I go to the overtime against elves and I bashed them enough, I think I will have around 40% to win. Much more than the chances of scoring with TTM! Surely having TTM may be an extra in this case, but 60 of TV may be too much for that.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Time to read :p

Lucily for you my team is shitty but avoiding a wizard might be hard :p

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
At the end I fired the troll, now I have 1320 against his 1230 and 140k in the bank. So if he adds 10k to get a bribe I will punish him with a wizard :cool: