Crunch them all - open cyanide league in Blood Bowl 1 (LE/CE)

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
I'll take you on. I'm just adding a Necro team now that I want to try out before CCVI.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Played Nuffles evil minion = Jrpeart of course:D And made a draw with my High elfs against his rookie necros, with a wizard and a babe. First half was a big scrum and ended 0-0. I managed to pass the ball around but failed 2+ dodges all the time.

Second half and we were right back at fighting, me failing dodges and then a wolf got the ball and ran it in. Still plenty of time to score one back but failed dodges and failed catches soon gave the necro the ball back. But then there was a shift in the view from Nuffle upon the teams, and the necro failed to catch the ball. High elfs managed to dodge free and get the ball.

It was all down to the last minute as the wizard zapped the high elf catcher but the armour held. A dodge away and a GFI to the endzone, then a dodge with my ballcarring blodger, a handoff to a lino and then the real miracle a 2+ pass caught for the last moment equaliser:D The crowd went wild, see for your self as the match is to be found on BBM:powdodge:

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Sneaky Netsmurf saved all his 2+ rolls for the last 3 turns of the game to salvage a draw. For once I remembered that I had a Wizard but never had a sensible time to use him till turn 16.

That now puts my record against Netsmurf at 2-2-0 with Nuffle to thank for all 4 results. One of these days Netsmurf is going to get equal dice against me and give me a massive defeat.

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Sneaky Netsmurf saved all his 2+ rolls for the last 3 turns of the game to salvage a draw. For once I remembered that I had a Wizard but never had a sensible time to use him till turn 16.

That now puts my record against Netsmurf at 2-2-0 with Nuffle to thank for all 4 results. One of these days Netsmurf is going to get equal dice against me and give me a massive defeat.

Hehe, that is why I was hoping to get a draw in my 2nd game with him in CCIV then I would feed him to you with your sacrificial goat ready.

Anyway also had a fun game with Narly. Well the 2nd half was a bit boring, but 1st was fun. Chasing elves around trying to get the ball off a str 4 blodger is not much fun, but did get my hands on it twice but not for long. A slightly lucky t8 move put the score to 1-0.

THen an even luckier turn 8 move from me and a gobbo was flying downfield and it was 1-1.

The second half was a bit more boring as it was 11 v 8 and after some determined defense and slightly ineffectual blocking from me I managed to get a t16 score for a 2-1 win. I did get 3 cas though and killed an elf (always a good day when an elf dies).

Thankfully for me in a view to long term survival he took a wandering apo and 2 str potions (both fizzled thankfully) rather than the wizard and babe I was expecting. Not sure who the potions would have been on, but if I had been playing vs str 5 elves I think I would have had a little bit of a problem. A 8547 blodger is a bit tricky to deal with for sure, I had enough trouble with the 8447 version.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Thank you for the game, Creamster. Apparently when Cyanide ignored my request for 2 minute turns, it ignored my request for a ranked game too.

On the other hand, I feel that I have learned that a 4 minute game is only 50% longer than a 2 minute game, and the added time to ponder is a valuable commodity, so I suppose I'll go for 4 minute games henceforth.

And your team still has an umblemished record (And mine is still at one loss. Ah well. I suppose I should be grooming them as a possible CC6 team, in case the Girls suddenly catch a major case of massive death.)

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for the match Etheric. We had our own "what if" scenario match for CCIV assuming he had beaten Netsmurf in the quarters and played me in the final (my elves vs his Orcs). I got 220k tv and was going to go a Wizard and babe but thought it was boring, so tried out 2 S potions and an apoth. Unfortunately the potions and apoth failed (a dead Thrower was apoth'd to dead). I didnt have any reserves and as he has a couple of killer Blitzers i wasn't feeling overly optimistic

The match turned out to be really fun and a lot closer than i expected, with my Elves running all around the field and really spreading out his Orcs. Unfortunately Etheric did pretty well to sack me a couple of times (Orc Blitzers with AG4 and MA7 are just freaks and should be killed!). My dodges were what kept me quite competitive and i did a lot of them (about 88% success rate on dodge dice). Unfortunately this was countered by my absolutely hopeless passing ability (2/8 success on passes).

I managed to score on turn 8 with a risky play (some 2+ dodges, a 2+ pick up, a 4+ pass and 2+ catch). I had to use my rr on the pass, but it all worked out. Without enough time to score and only 2 players down, i was feeling confident. But then Etheric pulled out the 1-turner with the Gob (which admittedly was quite cool) and it pretty much ruined any chance i had of a successful 2nd half, especially as my Blitzer was badly hurt on the first block of the 2nd half.

Etheric did the standard cage and grind to score on T16 of 2nd half for the 2-1 win. 2nd half was uneventful - i succeeded in dodging away from markers, but couldnt ever properly threaten the ball. Whilst Etherics 1 blitz per turn generally failed to cause damage. We had a good chat in the 2nd half though, which made it a lot more fun than just watching the depressing Orc grind.

So now we know what the result would have been if Etheric and I had played in the finals of CCIV - a 2-1 win to him due to that damned Goblin and his penchant for flying and pelvic thrusts. :)

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Also had a game against Creamster and his fairly new Vamp team with my newish Human team. He played solidly and scored in turn 5 and i did a massively lucky hero play to score on turn 8 (5+ pass with rr, 5+ catch with loner, 3+ dodge with loner, 2+ catch with Catcher to score). But his thralls were proving to be tougher than their armour suggests, whilst my team seemed to have borrowed their armour from Halflings. All game i only managed to badly hurt 2 Thralls with my MB Ogre (skilling him in the process), but suffered multiple injuries on my guys including a -S apoth'd to BH and a dead Blitzer. By the end of the 2nd half i had 5 players left on the pitch! So that leaves me with 2 Blitzers after Rusty also killed 1 last match. And to rub salt in the wound, i won 20k and the MVP went to the loner.

Creamster rolled an incredible number of 1's, so to blame the loss on my crappy armour would be unfair. He really positioned well and it was this that allowed him to win even with all the 1's he rolled. GG Creamster.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Meanwhile - is anyone on for a game vs 1190 points of undead? Starting as soon as possible, like the next fifteen minutes or so? ;)

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I've applied with a Human team with a view to enter them in CCVI. I'll around about 1800GMT+1 if anyone want to give them their first beating.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I ended up playing a Cup game with Creamster instead. I might be back in four hours or so.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Did manage to play a game against Bobmans orcs. (Had to restart my computer first, since I got port failure every time I tried to start the game.)

He did teach me a new and exciting way to surf people, probably to repay in kind my own rather dull surf. In exchange I taught him that inaccurate last-turn passes can score winning touchdowns too, and that zombies can dodge. (Just look at the music video Thriller and tell me they can't ;)

Of course, the Guard Wight that got -1 MV without regenning it is also the one player that got the MVP, just to make me hesitate about firing him. Ah well, he's sure to die soon enough..

bobman

Super Star Player
Country Flag
A well deserved victory. Especially as I ballsed up the first or second turn so hideously.

I do have to say catching an inaccurate pass with the only player in the same time zone was amazing/ridiculous!

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So... I see how much fun you all have in the CTA, so can't stay away any longer.

I have a new Elf team, who wants to try out their skills and armour tonight.

Would love a game about 17.30 CEST. (or CET +1 since it is summer time) or in about 10hours from this post.

/SorroW, who is going to loose badly.

Creamster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah thanks for the game narly. I wasn't expecting your armour to flop as bad as it did whilst mine was immense - The kit man must have gotten the changing rooms mixed up :) Also losing your Ag4 Blitzer to a thrown rock set you back as well.

A couple of more games and I think I might have found my team for CCVI. Lets hope they are always rolling as hot for armour breaks though...

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So... I see how much fun you all have in the CTA, so can't stay away any longer.

I have a new Elf team, who wants to try out their skills and armour tonight.

Would love a game about 17.30 CEST. (or CET +1 since it is summer time) or in about 10hours from this post.

/SorroW, who is going to loose badly.
Sooo... Just got home and was hopeful, but it seams noone can or want to play with me... Oh well.. I am logging in to the game. And making some food for a while, so if someone would like to just send me a in game poke or reply here.

/SorroW

Edit: Matchmaking it is then... too bad.

Last edited: