Knockout Round Semifinals Results

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
Who's actually still in?

AzraelEVA

Star Player
Country Flag
Hoerspiel Helden win 2-0 against Ironskull Juggernauts

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
2 first finalists and both Dark Elves. :)
Congrats guys!

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yea out of the available races darkies leave the least up to the dice and get picked a lot as a result.

coldy

Star Player
Cyanide Username
coldy
Country Flag
I'm Out. 3-0 Delven Lords.

it was a very unlucky game for you mate, thanks for the game, wish you better luck.
PO Semifinals: Coldy vs Skabott : 3-0 ...
(btw i could not confirm the result, graphic card failure at the end screen)

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Oh, @Skabott, now I cannot tell that I lost to the ticket winner! :eek:
Ah, well, I am sure you tried hard. ;)

Congrats, @coldy !

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
3-2 win over dynamo (OT)

Went into the game with a plan of attrition with the intention to win in overtime unless I was given the chance to win in 16 turns. Pressured dynamo very hard and forced him to score on turn 4. Managed to score myself on turn 8 with some decent damage done. Second half I make 1 mistake by leaving the ball to be blitzed by a dancer on double gfis which gives the woodies the chance to score. Then still equalize on turn 16 leaving a 6 player 1 turner for the woodies which is near impossible.

The initial plan of attrition still worked and went into overtime 11 vs 7, was lucky enough to win the toss and with a desperate overextend from dynamo tge deal was sealed.

Happy with the way I played overall and feel like I dominated the game but 1 silly mistake which got brutally punished by dynamo. Well played buddy really made it a proper game even though you struggled uphill all game.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
Pretty much as @notorious noob said, his MB worked better than mine early on (nothing too bad but I would've liked a few more armour breaks) and we just fell further and further behind on blocking meaning we had to try plenty of dancer hero-plays. I think the moment we lost it was when we didn't get a couple of KO's back after going 2-1 up (edited as my brain isn't putting things in the right order :D) - in the end we were relying on 1,1's to go off or get one more player back for the faint chance of the 1TTD which is not often a winning strategy! Reasonably satisfied with how I played, just well beaten on the day.

GG and good luck in the final.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Jeliel "Grimgor Riders" Orc 2 - 0 20phoenix "Wood You Believe It" WoE

Nuffle favors the Orcs even after starting, once again, with a blitz against.
The woodies are able to recover the ball and screen decently dodging around, but an early cas (apo'ed to subs) and a sleeping tree permits the orcs to put some pressure and a failed leap ends up in a ball recovered and in the wardancer fouled to injury.
The woodies have no chance to properly use the wizard and the first half ends 1-0 for the Orcs with 2 more casualties (and no chance for OTTD with a perfect defense roll).
The second half with 3 players down and the tree rooted doesn't look easy at all for the woodies that try their best, but ultimately even with the wizard to help cannot pull some miracle off and the match ends with turn 16 Orcs TD and the final 2-0.

Thanks 20phoenix for the game, you played well and it could have easily ended up in your favor with different dices at crucial junctures.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Jeliel "Grimgor Riders" Orc 2 - 0 20phoenix "Wood You Believe It" WoE

Nuffle favors the Orcs even after starting, once again, with a blitz against.
The woodies are able to recover the ball and screen decently dodging around, but an early cas (apo'ed to subs) and a sleeping tree permits the orcs to put some pressure and a failed leap ends up in a ball recovered and in the wardancer fouled to injury.
The woodies have no chance to properly use the wizard and the first half ends 1-0 for the Orcs with 2 more casualties (and no chance for OTTD with a perfect defense roll).
The second half with 3 players down and the tree rooted doesn't look easy at all for the woodies that try their best, but ultimately even with the wizard to help cannot pull some miracle off and the match ends with turn 16 Orcs TD and the final 2-0.

Thanks 20phoenix for the game, you played well and it could have easily ended up in your favor with different dices at crucial junctures.

Pretty accurate summary. Couple of things I'd do differently if we played again but that failed leap was the real turning point. Gl in the final

Azura

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ibispi
Country Flag
mXze12q.png

Thirtd World Problems 2:1 Cthulhu Ftaghn!
Gg wp Balsha, it was a fun tense game.
Good luck in the rest of the World Cup! :)

Balsha

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Balsha
Country Flag
That WAS a tense game. Either one could have won. In my honest opinion, you gave me too much dice on the ball carrier in the first half but that witch skulling herself into an injury made up for it. Well played and thank you. One more game to go !